Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Draft - The Derby Guide

Time or goal

Is the derby won strictly by time or reaching the last goal post first, second & third?

If a NH reachs the 5th goal post in 3 days, are they the clear winners or can another NH overtake them before time runs out?

Some confusion regarding this issue as why continue tasks if you have already won.
    🌺
    🌹 🌹 🌹

Quote Originally Posted by Lanamc View Post
    Is the derby won strictly by time or reaching the last goal post first, second & third?

If a NH reachs the 5th goal post in 3 days, are they the clear winners or can another NH overtake them before time runs out?

Some confusion regarding this issue as why continue tasks if you have already won.
    ��
    The neighborhood with the highest point value at the end of the derby wins, the second and third highest points also win the 3 extra bonus prizes. It doesn't matter who gets there first, it's the points at the end of the derby that matters, so keep working on those tasks if you've got them lol.
    Last edited by d2l5p2; April 9th, 2015 at 06:49 PM.

_________
    Donna / Level 125

Quote Originally Posted by d2l5p2 View Post
    The neighborhood with the highest point value at the end of the derby wins, the second and third highest points also win the 3 extra bonus prizes. It doesn't matter who gets there first, it's the points at the end of the derby that matters, so keep working on those tasks if you've got them lol.
    Thanks for clearing that up, a little confusing. I should not be in such a hurry to finish the tasks, I had all mine done by the second day,lol, so gets boring just watching.

Next time I will stretch them out & do one every other day. 🌸
    🌹 🌹 🌹

Quote Originally Posted by Lanamc View Post
    Thanks for clearing that up, a little confusing. I should not be in such a hurry to finish the tasks, I had all mine done by the second day,lol, so gets boring just watching.

Next time I will stretch them out & do one every other day. ��
    Yes, it's hard, lol. I also finish mine in the first 2 days, but that gives me lots of time to restock and also to help the rest of the NH with whatever I can. We have a VERY close race this time, so it's exciting, but I do wish I had kept one of my tasks for the end. The rest of my NH does spread them out though, so I think we have a good shot.

_________
    Donna / Level 125

Banned

good job

Two questions.
    1. Are the number of extra prizes the same regardless of whether your nh us in 1st, 2nd, or 3 rd? (Eg: 3 vouchers, 3 axes, and 3 butters for 3rd place, 4 of each for 2nd and 5 each for 1st). Or, is there no difference.

2. If you don't personally participate in your nh's derby but the nh wins at least one column of rewards, my understanding us that ALL members get to claim them, not just the active participants.

Can someone confirm/answer those two points. Thanks so much.

Quote Originally Posted by pilothaggard View Post
    Two questions.
    1. Are the number of extra prizes the same regardless of whether your nh us in 1st, 2nd, or 3 rd? (Eg: 3 vouchers, 3 axes, and 3 butters for 3rd place, 4 of each for 2nd and 5 each for 1st). Or, is there no difference.

2. If you don't personally participate in your nh's derby but the nh wins at least one column of rewards, my understanding us that ALL members get to claim them, not just the active participants.

Can someone confirm/answer those two points. Thanks so much.
    I think, based on what happened in our neighborhood, that not everyone gets the same prices for 1st, 2nd and 3rd. Several people got the same things, but some got different things. That was for first place.

I'm not entirely sure about #2 as I think everyone did at least one task in all our derbies.
    Last edited by d2l5p2; April 9th, 2015 at 10:38 PM.

_________
    Donna / Level 125

When does the derby start?

I have a burning question that is causing friction in my hood. I hope SC will be able to settle this one.
    Question is... When does the derby actually start?

There is one camp that believes the derby doesn't start until someone in the hood actually starts the first task. Thier idea is to fill the board with the highest point tickets before beginning the first task so that we have an advantage.

The other camp believes the derby starts at the same time for everyone and that any delay in starting that first ticket puts us at a disadvantage.

SC, would you please provide a definitive answer. Thank you!
    GC: Janet*M
    KIK: janet789
    LVL: 134
    Sharing is caring. Don't raid. KIK preferred. No FB trades. Lower level posts first.
    Always trading at default, unless otherwise negotiated in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Jmckenna212 View Post
    I have a burning question that is causing friction in my hood. I hope SC will be able to settle this one.
    Question is... When does the derby actually start?

There is one camp that believes the derby doesn't start until someone in the hood actually starts the first task. Thier idea is to fill the board with the highest point tickets before beginning the first task so that we have an advantage.

The other camp believes the derby starts at the same time for everyone and that any delay in starting that first ticket puts us at a disadvantage.

SC, would you please provide a definitive answer. Thank you!
    The derby starts at the same time for everyone, but by SC's time. I don't know the time difference between SC and myself, but for me the Derby starts at 1:00 a.m. It is not dependent on when the first task is taken.

Not starting a task right away doesn't really put you at a disadvantage as it is not the first NH to reach the final goal, it is the NH with the most points when the Derby ends that determines 1st, 2nd or 3rd place.

_________
    Donna / Level 125

Will update the derby guide soon.

UPDATES
    04-22
    1 - Changed to 6 days
    2 - Added new 24-hour cool down between derbies.
    3 - Cool down allows you to change neighbourhoods without losing prizes.
    4 - Derby trophy count added to the info screen.
    5 - Derby task log added to the task board at the bottom.
    6 - New derby achievements (Diligent Neighbour, Taskmaster)
    7 - New decoration rewards in the derby.

Different Prizes

Update to be added

Derby Prizes, Special Rewards.
    All prizes and rewards will be random for all members.
    One member may get a horse carriage another may get pickaxes.

Co-Leaders Rewards

Leaders Rewards

Rewards are based on the lowest member’s level.
    If one of members of the neighbourhood hasn't reached a certain level the whole NH would never get certain prizes (e.g. town upgrade materials).