Page 1 of 75 1231151 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Coming Next Update: Event Changes

1.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #1

Coming Next Update: Event Changes

Commanders, brace yourselves! We're going to shake up the current event system (Dr. Terror) in the next update.

The reason is two-fold: Firstly, we've always thought that 20 Terror stages in one day was a bit too much and resulted in two, almost compulsory, big sessions a week. We think it would be preferable and more scalable to have more frequent, but shorter events. This leads on to the second reason - we want to add more events!

With the current Wednesday/Saturday schedule we're tied to choosing days of the week and can't be as flexible when adding new events. Our plan is to have an event on every day! We're initially thinking of having a six-day cycle (meaning that each week the events will shift by one day) that would look something like this:

Day 1 - Terror Island (7 stages)
    Day 2 - Terror Volcano (7 stages)
    Day 3 - NEW EVENT
    Day 4 - Terror Island (7 stages)
    Day 5 - Terror Volcano (7 stages)
    Day 6 - NEW EVENT
    Day 1 - etc.

How will this affect Dr. Terror?

Loot - We're changing the loot curve to give more loot in the early Terror stages than he currently gives, but a bit less in the later stages.

Power Stones - This should remain largely the same with four guaranteed Crystals for completing days 1+4 (like Wednesday Terror) and four guaranteed Crystals for completing days 2+5 (like Saturday Terror), in addition to the usual random drop chance Power Stones.

Difficulty - Stage 1 and stage 7 of the new Terror will be about the same difficulty as stage 1 and stage 20 of the current Terror, respectively. Therefore, the difficulty increase per stage will be bigger.

Now before all hell breaks loose, we know this will reduce the loot potential on Wednesday and Saturday and probably change how you play, but we hope it will change for the better after getting used to it. Loot will be more evenly distributed throughout the week and the new events will give some pretty cool stuff too!

This plan isn't set in stone yet and the update is still several weeks away, so if you have some preliminary and open-minded thoughts about it, please leave them below

Banned
    First!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim[Supercell] View Post
    Commanders, brace yourselves! We're going to shake up the current event system (Dr. Terror) in the next update.

The reason is two-fold: Firstly, we've always thought that 20 Terror stages in one day was a bit too much and resulted in two, almost compulsory, big sessions a week. We think it would be preferable and more scalable to have more frequent, but shorter events. This leads on to the second reason - we want to add more events!

With the current Wednesday/Saturday schedule we're tied to choosing days of the week and can't be as flexible when adding new events. Our plan is to have an event on every day! We're initially thinking of having a six-day cycle (meaning that each week the events will shift by one day) that would look something like this:

Day 3 - NEW EVENT
    Day 6 - NEW EVENT
    Day 1 - etc.

Loot - We're changing the loot curve to give more loot in the early Terror stages than he currently gives, but a bit less in the later stages.

Power Stones - This should remain largely the same with four guaranteed Crystals for completing days 1+4 (like Wednesday Terror) and four guaranteed Crystals for completing days 2+5 (like Saturday Terror), in addition to the usual random drop chance Power Stones.

Difficulty - Stage 1 and stage 7 of the new Terror will be about the same difficulty as stage 1 and stage 20 of the current Terror, respectively. Therefore, the difficulty increase per stage will be bigger.

Now before all hell breaks loose, we know this will reduce the loot potential on Wednesday and Saturday and probably change how you play, but we hope it will change for the better after getting used to it. Loot will be more evenly distributed throughout the week and the new events will give some pretty cool stuff too!

This plan isn't set in stone yet and the update is still several weeks away, so if you have some preliminary and open-minded thoughts about it, please leave them below
    NEW EVENTS! Yay! How long is several weeks?
    Last edited by Jamesf01; March 20th, 2015 at 11:54 PM.

great to hear that Tim

Nice to see that Supercell is trying their best to keep the game fresh.

This will be an important point to many players I think. What is the thought behind spreading the events among more days? How did this idea came off the ground? I liked the principal of spending a little bit more time on boom beach one or two times a week. This update will possibly give players the feeling that they have to force themselves to come online more often every day. I'm not sure if I like that idea. Or, people stop caring about the events at all, and every day will practically be the same. Currently, it is nice to see that there is some oscillation in the activity of players, such as in my task force, and it encourages me to come online during 'rush hour' as well. I hope that these things won't go away.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by twojays View Post
    Nice to see that Supercell is trying their best to keep the game fresh.

This will be an important point to many players I think. What is the thought behind spreading the events among more days? How did this idea came off the ground? I liked the principal of spending a little bit more time on boom beach one or two times a week. This update will possibly give players the feeling that they have to force themselves to come online more often every day. I'm not sure if I like that idea. Or, people stop caring about the events at all, and every day will practically be the same. Currently, it is nice to see that there is some oscillation in the activity of players, such as in my task force, and it encourages me to come online during 'rush hour' as well. I hope that these things won't go away.
    I have actually become Inactive over the past few weeks soon after I became HQ 14. This will most likely drive me back and make me be as active as I used too. Which is like hours every day. Anyways, THE SUSPENCE IS KILLING ME!
    Last edited by Jamesf01; March 21st, 2015 at 12:12 AM.

It's an interesting my idea. My only concern is it may force people to have to dump more PP into completing terror since they'd have to boost 4 times instead of the current 2. Since I'm already level 61 I can't really voice my opinion on how it will affect saving up for big upgrades since I have none.

Fingers crossed for whatever the new event will be

Tim has the idea crossed your mind about incorporating Task Forces in a new event? Maybe something smaller that would involve say picking 4 teammates in your task force and fighting together to defeat a ramped up version of Dr.Terror. This wouldn't be for FP (it could) it would be for loot/crystals just like the current Terror. Depending on the size of the TF there could be up to 10 different groups doing their own new version of Terror on a set date. Anyways, just a random thought I had.
    Last edited by Cruncher; March 21st, 2015 at 12:19 AM.
    Task Force: Earth - Cruncher lvl 62, HQ 20, medal count +900
    GC ID (add me <3): <->Cruncher<->
    Clash of Clans: <->Cruncher<-> Base: Level 125, TH10

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesf01 View Post
    I have actually become Inactive over the past few weeks soon after I became HQ 14. This will most likely drive me back and make me be as active as I used too. Which is like hours every day. Anyways, THE SUSPENCE IS KILLING ME!
    Well yes, at first. I was talking about the long run.

Sounds interesting to me, Tim. All the best! Looking forward.

Day 3 - NEW EVENT
    Day 6 - NEW EVENT
    Day 1 - etc.

While I am a bit reluctant to have to spend more PP (probably...it really depends) in order to do these events, I think this is a much-needed change. This will also help defense become (slightly) more relevant, as people will have to adjust to the large upgrades (like sculptor or landing crafts) by saving a bit more resources before terror, which will encourage having at least a moderate defense.

Overall, this change looks like it could be good, and I'm excited for a new event
    Made it to top 25 local, 1140VP, took down the world #4, and done pushing!
    Now back to all offense. Where the party is at
    Statues:

GBE 40% 17% 17% 17% 16%| TD 32% 13% 12% | TH 30% TH 13%

Page 1 of 75 1231151 ... LastLast