View Poll Results: How's my idea?

Voters
565. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I like this idea!

389 68.85%
  • I do not think this is a good addition.

114 20.18%
  • There are some things you could fix (please specify).

62 10.97%
Page 1 of 96 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: New troop: VOLCANO MAGE!

New troop: VOLCANO MAGE!

Description
    A long time ago, one lone Wizard became tired of enemy buildings that seemed to be immune to his fellow troops' firepower. But one day, with a mighty roar, he noticed something change. With every attack, enemy buildings seemed to be going down faster than ever.

The Wizard felt proud - the battle was finally won. In his victory, this one Wizard was named the honorary Volcano Mage.

Table of Contents
    I. Description
    II. Summary
    III. The Volcano Mage
    IV. Statistics
    V. Sound too powerful? Look again!
    VI. Attacking strategies
    VII. How to redo your base
    VIII. Thanks for reading!
    IX. Latest update

Summary

✔ The Volcano Mage fires lava at his targets, doing low damage.
    ✔ This troop has a built-in ring of fire in which anything inside will take more damage from your attacking troops.
    ✔ Heroes and defending Clan Castle troops can also be affected by this ring of fire.
    ✔ The damage between multiple Volcano Mages does stack, but Volcano Mages themselves are not affected by the fire.
    ✔ A strategic troop especially for ground and hybrid army compositions.

The Volcano Mage
    When deployed the Volcano Mage will walk to the nearest target, like many other troops. However, a ring of fire follows this troop around and anything inside the radius (that's not a friendly unit) will take more damage from your other troops. Although he does low damage himself, the Volcano Mage can boost the damage significantly of many armies.

Statistics

✔ Housing space: 14
    ✔ Training time: 10 minutes
    ✔ Movement speed: 18
    ✔ Attack speed: 1.8 seconds
    ✔ Range (of attack and fire ring): 4 tiles
    ✔ Dark Barracks level unlocked at: 7

Level Damage per second Damage per attack Damage boost Hitpoints Training cost Research cost Laboratory level required Research time
    1 25 45 70% 142 230 N/A N/A N/A
    2 30 54 80% 164 245 60,000 8 10 days
    3 40 72 100% 206 280 80,000 9 12 days
    4 55 99 140% 260 320 120,000 9 14 days

Sound too powerful? Look again!

The Volcano Mage has low HP, meaning he should not be deployed as a front-line unit else he will be quickly destroyed and his damage increase will be useless. Giant Bombs can also cause significant trouble to these troops, meaning a troop similar to the Rabbit could be very beneficial to clearing the area before the Volcano Mage is dropped.

Attacking strategies
    ✔ Good to have included in any ground army composition (GoWiWi, GoWiPe) but especially useful in hybrid attacks (GoHo, GoLaLoon) to help the Kill-squad quickly burn through heroes or Air Defenses.
    ✔ The Volcano Mage needs to be tanked so he can help units take down important core buildings or dangerous units (Inferno Towers, X-Bows) that are usually in the center of the base faster.

How to redo your base

✔ Leave open spaces in your base to trick the attacker into thinking there may be a Giant Bomb there, as it is a very useful tool for ridding of the Volcano Mage early.
    ✔ Placing traps on the outside of your base will also help dispose of any Volcano Mage that may be deployed without a proper tank or troop to scour for any traps.

Thanks for reading!
    Comments and ideas for improvement are greatly appreciated! I'd also like to thank Clannis for the artwork of the Volcano Mage and Charbeldegr8 for the image of Dark Barracks level 7.

Latest update (12/1/15)
    ✔ Laboratory level 9 is now confirmed, so all question marks removed!
    Last edited by AnthonyVince; December 1st, 2015 at 10:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by PRODlGY
    Time moves so fast. It's like yesterday it was 2015!
    Quote Originally Posted by Coloradokiwiboy
    I haven't showered since like.. last year

I like the overall premises of the idea but maybe consider a different name and design for the overall look. Making it a mage makes it seem to much like a hero wizard instead of it's own kind of troop. But I do like the abilities it has.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyVince View Post
    This was partially inspired by another thread but I added some things to it. Anyway, here goes.

Description: This fiery wizard sticks to the biggest pack and with every shot, he makes it easier for his team to destroy the entire village.

Why this is unique from other troops in the game:
    -He does not enrage other units. He attacks a building like normal but slightly increases the damage taken on that unit.
    -This damage boost works for buildings, walls, and CC troops!
    -Has low damage, similar to a Witch
    -Is not like a rage spell; he only increases damage taken, not speed.
    -He has I think the most unique AI. He will stick to the nearest group of 2 or more troops.
    -Ranged, like wizard and archer

Offensive strategies:
    -The Volcano Mage has low damage and low hit points, so is not reliable by himself. However, he is a great addition to cleanup when time is running low.
    -Use tanks as always to distract defenses so he will not die easily.
    -Great for getting rid of CC troops faster

Defensive strategy:
    -This could be a great time to put the builders hut at the corners of the base. Because even though the Volcano Mage can increase the damage taken on buildings, he is not a fast troop nor can he make any other troop faster.
    -Make splash damage defenses hard to destroy, separate them by walls.

Info:
    -Damage boost increases at each level. Level 1: 10% damage increase to that building, level 2: 20%, etc.
    -Has a slow attack speed (maybe 2s) and the damage boost lasts for about 1.5s.
    -Buildings have fire around them to indicate they have been hit by the Volcano Mage.

I would like constructive feedback, as I actually have been working and perfecting this idea for over two months. Thanks and I'll see you around the forums!
    Hey! This seems like a pretty good detailed idea. One question about the damage boost: would it stack with other volcano Mages' attacks and the it's attacks? For example, if it hit a building 5 times, would the damage that building receives increase by 50%? If this isn't the case, then I wanted to suggest it. Maybe each wizard attack would increase the damage by, say 5%? And it would stack up to a certain percentage, maybe 50-70%? There would have to be a limit obviously, but I think it could be a possible modification to your idea. I believe the damage boost should be a bit longer, but not entirely sure. In any case, it is a good and balanced troop!
    New ways to earn resources, gems and an awesome new customizable decoration?Look here!
    http://forum.supercell.net/showthrea...s+achievements
    You might also like my new dark troop idea, the Mercenary!
    http://forum.supercell.net/showthrea...e-Mercenary%21

Quote Originally Posted by Nightfury4321 View Post
    I like the overall premises of the idea but maybe consider a different name and design for the overall look. Making it a mage makes it seem to much like a hero wizard instead of it's own kind of troop. But I do like the abilities it has.
    Thanks! Any suggestions for a name? I'll admit that Volcano Mage does kind of sound like a hero

Quote Originally Posted by Aedeman2 View Post
    Hey! This seems like a pretty good detailed idea. One question about the damage boost: would it stack with other volcano Mages' attacks and the it's attacks? For example, if it hit a building 5 times, would the damage that building receives increase by 50%? If this isn't the case, then I wanted to suggest it. Maybe each wizard attack would increase the damage by, say 5%? And it would stack up to a certain percentage, maybe 50-70%? There would have to be a limit obviously, but I think it could be a possible modification to your idea. I believe the damage boost should be a bit longer, but not entirely sure. In any case, it is a good and balanced troop!
    Thanks for the positive feedback! I'm glad you like the idea. Yes the damage does stack, and I think at level 1, 30% is a good cap. Then at level 2, 50%, and 3, 70%. And do you think I should increase the damage boost to 2s? Or maybe just 1.8?

And by the way, I like your skill tree suggestion
    Last edited by AnthonyVince; July 22nd, 2015 at 12:35 AM.

Centennial Club
    Thanks for the positive feedback! I'm glad you like the idea. Yes the damage does stack, and I think at level 1, 30% is a good cap. Then at level 2, 50%, and 3, 70%. And do you think I should increase the damage boost to 2s? Or maybe just 1.8?

and by the way, I like your skill tree suggestion (;
    About the damage boost duration... I guess it depends whether or not a single mage should be able to stack the increase of damage on a building just by himself... If it lasts less than 2 seconds, I think that means that the damage increase disappears right before he attacks again, right? Maybe an idea would be to start with 1.8 seconds of boost, then with each level upgrade of the troop it would increase by a certain amount (0,4 seconds for example) so at level 1 he wouldn't be very strong without being with others of his kind, while at level 2 he could boost the damage up to the cap even when alone. As for the name for this troop, I have no idea .

I appreciate that you liked my post if you ever come up with ideas that could improve it, feel free to jump on it and tell me!
    Clash on!
    New ways to earn resources, gems and an awesome new customizable decoration?Look here!

About the damage boost duration... I guess it depends whether or not a single mage should be able to stack the increase of damage on a building just by himself... If it lasts less than 2 seconds, I think that means that the damage increase disappears right before he attacks again, right? Maybe an idea would be to start with 1.8 seconds of boost, then with each level upgrade of the troop it would increase by a certain amount (0,4 seconds for example) so at level 1 he wouldn't be very strong without being with others of his kind, while at level 2 he could boost the damage up to the cap even when alone. As for the name for this troop, I have no idea .

I appreciate that you liked my post if you ever come up with ideas that could improve it, feel free to jump on it and tell me!
    Clash on!
    Yes, I made the damage boost so that it intentionally takes less time than it does for him to attack. While I do like your idea, I do not think it should gain more time as he upgrades. I think the damage boost should just increase. If you have anymore suggestions, please feel free to comment as I really would like Supercell to read this idea and see how great it is!

Centennial Club
    Yes, I made the damage boost so that it intentionally takes less time than it does for him to attack. While I do like your idea, I do not think it should gain more time as he upgrades. I think the damage boost should just increase. If you have anymore suggestions, please feel free to comment as I really would like Supercell to read this idea and see how great it is!
    Ok then, it seems logical, maybe time upgrades would be a bit overpowered. Maybe he could be immune to inferno tower damage, since his like a fire-related Mage? Also because it has low hitpoints. The inferno tower could just ignore him if set to multi-target, but after a while overpower him if set on single.

Ok then, it seems logical, maybe time upgrades would be a bit overpowered. Maybe he could be immune to inferno tower damage, since his like a fire-related Mage? Also because it has low hitpoints. The inferno tower could just ignore him if set to multi-target, but after a while overpower him if set on single.
    Hm...I don't want to make things too complicated but I agree that does make since. Maybe I could just increase his hitpoints slightly? That way, he could withstand the IT for a longer period of time.

Or, I just had an idea. Maybe he is the only troop who can be healed while the IT is attacking him?

Trainee
    I think this is a great idea, I just believe, like the others, that 'mage' isn't exactly the best name for it. Good job, though!

Centennial Club
    Hm...I don't want to make things too complicated but I agree that does make since. Maybe I could just increase his hitpoints slightly? That way, he could withstand the IT for a longer period of time.

Or, I just had an idea. Maybe he is the only troop who can be healed while the IT is attacking him?
    Seems fine! And maybe be could have an aura around him that lets other nearby troops be healed... But that would add too many effects on one troop.