Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dark Cloud - TH9 Anti-3star - Anti-LaLoon - War Base

Dark Cloud - TH9 Anti-3star - Anti-LaLoon - War Base

Hello once again!

This will be my 1st semi-professional war base design. Got inspiration from akiyume(metaki series), tomaster(project eclipse) , and KJL(for his war base definition).

INTRODUCTION

I named this base Dark Cloud because it is an anti-air war base. Dark clouds make flying difficult and will cause their destruction.

War Base

Walls and Traps

Mechanics

I have used some of the same mechanics from Metal Series and Project Eclipse. For it to be Anti-LaLoon, I placed ADs away from the range of the wiz towers. Unfortunately, one AD is within the range of a wiz tower.

The AQ is also centralized to protect her so she can shoot down the loons.

Wiz towers are also protecting the X-Bows. Since X-Bows have high hp, this will slow down loons which will give the wiz towers more time to shoot them down.

Defenses around the ADs are situated so that loons path around the ADs so they can lay down more pain on the air troops.

The flaw of this base is it is highly susceptible to Golaloon. AQ Kill and 2 ADs are easily accessible from southwest. I tried to counter this by placing ground skeleton traps in the area, as well as the BK, to slow AQ kill. I have not been attacked by Golaloon so this is all theoretical.

Pros

-ADs out of range of work towers except 1.
    -Deep AQ although still killable
    -semi centralized CC
    -Loon pathing around ADs
    -wiz towers protecting xbows
    -DGBs placed away from possible AQ kill zone

Cons

-susceptible to GoLaLoon (AQ kill + 2 ADs from southwest)
    - as GodII said, DGBs may be easily triggered

War Logs

Please take it easy on me. I am making this thread from my mobile.
    Last edited by mpcbsar; March 17th, 2015 at 03:26 AM.

The staggering of towers forward and back to make loon deployment harder is very well done for the most part (it looks like a couple towers at the bottom are vulnerable to a single loon being dropped on them though). Unfortunately it has two gaping flaws: the double giant bombs are very easy to disarm (takes like 5 hogs to kill the tower in front of the spot) and it is just incredibly vulnerable to golaloon although it should handle spam laloon very well.

You notice the flaw but why don't you as much as possible to address it? Placing your skeleton traps and bk there do a bit (skele traps not as much because lightning will likely get them anyway) but you need to seriously cram storages there to make it hard as possible. Preferably you could move the air defense around so that there isn't a compartment that the AQ can easily stand in and get both air defense.
    Last edited by GodII; March 17th, 2015 at 03:16 AM.
    I've been Clashing for 5 years and was a base builder for various clans in CWL and German Midweek League. I enjoy base building to the point that if you want advice on your base, just send me a message

Quote Originally Posted by GodII View Post
    The staggering of towers forward and back to make loon deployment harder is very well done for the most part (it looks like a couple towers at the bottom are vulnerable to a single loon being dropped on them though). Unfortunately it has two gaping flaws: the double giant bombs are very easy to disarm (takes like 5 hogs to kill the tower in front of the spot) and it is just incredibly vulnerable to golaloon although it should handle spam laloon very well.

You notice the flaw but why don't you as much as possible to address it? Placing your skeleton traps and bk there do a bit (skele traps not as much because lightning will likely get them anyway) but you need to seriously cram storages there to make it hard as possible. Preferably you could move the air defense around so that there isn't a compartment that the AQ can easily stand in and get both air defense.
    I agree with everything you said. I have tried multiple times to correct it but I have hit a road block with this design. Moving ADs around just messes up the rest.

It is also why I have moved on to another base design.

Thanks for the input and I will still try and work this base design out.

Hi there, akiyume here

Thanks for the support, and good job trying to create an anti-3star base. The beginning seems well thought out, I like the wizard's radius, seeking air mines, as well as tesla locations. The double giant bomb on the left has a nice placement, alittle decent for the DGB on the right. But now, I'm going to burst your bubble, sorry >.<

-----------------------

Your base has too little compartments, and there is only 3 "major" internal sections other than the core, then there are WIDE outside compartments. It's vunerable to just a simple Gowiwi + some side loons also the fact that your base can be easily CC lured.

Let's say for example we attacked from the left side, where the queen is. There are only 4 (or 3 if WB AI doesn't get too heywire) locations of which wall breakers would be able to come from, drop a rage and boom, the attacker will have access to 2/3 of your compartments (black shadow). Once the enemy troops enter the core wizards, Archer Queen, will be able to freely attack the remaining 1/3 of the base. Since the fact that the 3/4 ADs are already given access to from the beginning, once the ADs goes down, some 2 for 1 Loons can be used to side pick the remaining defenses. If not, just having a jump spell will easily allow more witches that were in the core, to flood outside. There is only another 3 compartments for the skeles to flood so that's bad.

---

Let's look at another scenario, where the typical Queen Kill:

In this image, you can see the radius of your Queen which is pretty far out. After they kill the bottom defenses, and lure your CC (blue), kill them, they'll assault from the left side. Just needs 2 wall breakers to break through the wall and Golem enters, aggros your queen. Afterwards enemy's heroes kills your queen, then kills 2 ADs since they are so close. (white section)

Now you still got single point defenses that are too far out so they can be 2 for 1 exchanged (black lines + X).

Your 3rd AD now is 2 steps from being destroyed (black rectangles). You have correctly placed the Seeking Airmines, but the Balloons will still survive and kill the three Point Defenses, and head straight for the AD (1 rage used). The only defense you have left is the Teslas, WizardT at the left side, and the Xbow for the top section.

For the bottom section, as long as the ArcherT at the bottom has been 2 for 1 exchanged, the only target left is the Cannon to the mortar which then a rage can get to the tesla or the Wizard tower.

----

Now for your double giant bombs:

Left side can be dismantled from the mortar to the wizard Tower, just 3-4 hogs (orange) to kill the Mortar from the top, and it will head towards the Xbow/WizardT and trigger one bomb. The only thing protecting this mortar is the Queen (if she gets there in time), the ArcherT to the left, and the ArcherT to the right (which technically can be dismantled, so it won't contribute if the enemy is smart).

Right side I've highlighted with blue the 'hog pathing' which hogs would have done. Your Wizard Tower on the right is almost at the sharp corner location, only being protected by the cannon in the front. This cannon though keep in mind can be 2 for 1 exchanged, afterwards your wizard Tower is super vunerable. a pack of 5 hogs will be able to kill it and then trip your DGB.

Or the simple method is to use hogs from the ArcherT at a sharp side to the right (purple colour) and it'll head towards the WizardT, tripping another GB.

Gowiwi + some side holo, Holowiwi (+defusing DGB), and Goho can still wreck this base.

Now for some improvements:

This is your current pathing in your base:

You can see that your right side is practically a filler corner, top part is your main area of strength, middle has tesla protection, bottom left area is good as well, but since Queen Kill will destroy that part, that means it'll won't work as much. The two AD (orange) is within that bottom section, and the right side is left unprotected.

I would suggestion it to be turned into something like this:

-centralized your CC
    -Switch the mortar with the Elixir, put it alittle more closer to the ArchT so that Hogs don't go for the AD.
    - move the DGB location to where the Seeking are
    - create a bigger '4th' section and seperate it from the top sections
    - remove that ArcherT at the top side
    -move the cannon/ArcherT that is at the bottom right into the bigger section on the east
    -somehow protect that solo ArcherT at the top side
    -make your extra AD that was at the bottom, to cover the right side section (and create an hourglass shape)
    -place spring traps between defenses
    -make more sections?

Most of the things other are suggested and area of placement it's up, as well as it's up to you to decide if you want to change it or not.

There are alot of walls and stuff that needs to be shifted, the problem with the enemy being able to kill your Queen and Two AD is still present though. I can't help you with that since it's part of the design.

Anyways, that took a while, hope you learned something from this, and sorry for the long post/rudeness.

As well as I have developed a new that colour coding and will be adding something like this to my [Base Break Down - Creation and Dissection] guide, thanks
    Last edited by akiyume; March 17th, 2015 at 07:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by akiyume View Post
    Hi there, akiyume here

Thanks for the support, and good job trying to create an anti-3star base. The beginning seems well thought out, I like the wizard's radius, seeking air mines, as well as tesla locations. The double giant bomb on the left has a nice placement, alittle decent for the DGB on the right. But now, I'm going to burst your bubble, sorry >.<

-----------------------

Your base has too little compartments, and there is only 3 "major" internal sections other than the core, then there are WIDE outside compartments. It's vunerable to just a simple Gowiwi + some side loons also the fact that your base can be easily CC lured.

Let's say for example we attacked from the left side, where the queen is. There are only 4 (or 3 if WB AI doesn't get too heywire) locations of which wall breakers would be able to come from, drop a rage and boom, the attacker will have access to 2/3 of your compartments (black shadow). Once the enemy troops enter the core wizards, Archer Queen, will be able to freely attack the remaining 1/3 of the base. Since the fact that the 3/4 ADs are already given access to from the beginning, once the ADs goes down, some 2 for 1 Loons can be used to side pick the remaining defenses. If not, just having a jump spell will easily allow more witches that were in the core, to flood outside. There is only another 3 compartments for the skeles to flood so that's bad.

---

Let's look at another scenario, where the typical Queen Kill:

In this image, you can see the radius of your Queen which is pretty far out. After they kill the bottom defenses, and lure your CC (blue), kill them, they'll assault from the left side. Just needs 2 wall breakers to break through the wall and Golem enters, aggros your queen. Afterwards enemy's heroes kills your queen, then kills 2 ADs since they are so close. (white section)

Now you still got single point defenses that are too far out so they can be 2 for 1 exchanged (black lines + X).

Your 3rd AD now is 2 steps from being destroyed (black rectangles). You have correctly placed the Seeking Airmines, but the Balloons will still survive and kill the three Point Defenses, and head straight for the AD (1 rage used). The only defense you have left is the Teslas, WizardT at the left side, and the Xbow for the top section.

For the bottom section, as long as the ArcherT at the bottom has been 2 for 1 exchanged, the only target left is the Cannon to the mortar which then a rage can get to the tesla or the Wizard tower.

----

Now for your double giant bombs:

Left side can be dismantled from the mortar to the wizard Tower, just 3-4 hogs (orange) to kill the Mortar from the top, and it will head towards the Xbow/WizardT and trigger one bomb. The only thing protecting this mortar is the Queen (if she gets there in time), the ArcherT to the left, and the ArcherT to the right (which technically can be dismantled, so it won't contribute if the enemy is smart).

Right side I've highlighted with blue the 'hog pathing' which hogs would have done. Your Wizard Tower on the right is almost at the sharp corner location, only being protected by the cannon in the front. This cannon though keep in mind can be 2 for 1 exchanged, afterwards your wizard Tower is super vunerable. a pack of 5 hogs will be able to kill it and then trip your DGB.

Or the simple method is to use hogs from the ArcherT at a sharp side to the right (purple colour) and it'll head towards the WizardT, tripping another GB.

Gowiwi + some side holo, Holowiwi (+defusing DGB), and Goho can still wreck this base.

Now for some improvements:

This is your current pathing in your base:

You can see that your right side is practically a filler corner, top part is your main area of strength, middle has tesla protection, bottom left area is good as well, but since Queen Kill will destroy that part, that means it'll won't work as much. The two AD (orange) is within that bottom section, and the right side is left unprotected.

I would suggestion it to be turned into something like this:

-centralized your CC
    -Switch the mortar with the Elixir, put it alittle more closer to the ArchT so that Hogs don't go for the AD.
    - move the DGB location to where the Seeking are
    - create a bigger '4th' section and seperate it from the top sections
    - remove that ArcherT at the top side
    -move the cannon/ArcherT that is at the bottom right into the bigger section on the east
    -somehow protect that solo ArcherT at the top side
    -make your extra AD that was at the bottom, to cover the right side section (and create an hourglass shape)
    -place spring traps between defenses
    -make more sections?

Most of the things other are suggested and area of placement it's up, as well as it's up to you to decide if you want to change it or not.

There are alot of walls and stuff that needs to be shifted, the problem with the enemy being able to kill your Queen and Two AD is still present though. I can't help you with that since it's part of the design.

Anyways, that took a while, hope you learned something from this, and sorry for the long post/rudeness.

As well as I have developed a new that colour coding and will be adding something like this to my [Base Break Down - Creation and Dissection] guide, thanks
    Thanks for the base breakdown. This will definitely help my future base designs. I will try and polish this base. I have started some new designs which I am testing.

Looks pretty nice! I think non symmetrical war bases are trending now.
    TH: 10~LVL: 123~Clan: CRAZY BOOMERANG (leader)~Highest trophies: 3466~Max Legos
    If you want to know more about my base scoring click here
    Paper on Types of War bases

Quote Originally Posted by KimJongLi View Post
    Looks pretty nice! I think non symmetrical war bases are trending now.
    Thanks KJL.

No KJL meter? Haha

After multiple attempts to correct the major flaws of this base, I am still unsuccessful. I have chosen to make a new base with a different concept.

Quote Originally Posted by mpcbsar View Post
    After multiple attempts to correct the major flaws of this base, I am still unsuccessful. I have chosen to make a new base with a different concept.
    Best of luck. The staggered defenses forward and back to make loons bunch up already demonstrate you understand laloon to a level 95% of clashers don't get. I'm sure your next base will be similarly strong with more defense to golaloon.
    I've been Clashing for 5 years and was a base builder for various clans in CWL and German Midweek League. I enjoy base building to the point that if you want advice on your base, just send me a message

Quote Originally Posted by GodII View Post
    Best of luck. The staggered defenses forward and back to make loons bunch up already demonstrate you understand laloon to a level 95% of clashers don't get. I'm sure your next base will be similarly strong with more defense to golaloon.
    Good luck with the new base. Sorry for destroying this one ; ^;, but what godll said, you have a clear grasp on staggering defenses and asymmetrical bases which is a skill that not alot of people can think of as they base build. Base building is tough if you are going for the strong bases. GL, and don't give up