Thread: Anti-Metaki Series: Dissecting and Destroying Metaki

Anti-Metaki Series: Dissecting and Destroying Metaki

Anti-Metaki Series: Dissecting and the Flaws Metaki Base

Metaki Series :http://forum.supercell.net/showthrea...-TH9-War-Bases

Updates

(March 19, 2015)
    -Added the difference betwen [Fatal Flaw] and [Weakness]

Intro:
    Welcome to the thread where I explain why my Metaki bases don't work, and why I drop them LOL. I know what you are thinking, "wow, why would you make such a thread? Your bases are decent, and your theories are good". It's due to the fact that I don't care much about the progress of my Series, what my true nature is a base builder, I am trying to learn from my mistakes, develop my own building skills as well as the fact that I'm trying to teach you guys the ins and outs of developing the good mindset of a base. Of course I will get alittle sad of the fact that my Metaki Series isn't good as I hoped but hey, that's what happens what the base you build is bad.

When I find a weakness in my own bases, and I try to either 'mutate'/change them to the point where I think they'll work (hence the different versions), or I drop them because of the fatal flaw of the base makes it impossible to improve anymore. I try to make new bases each time, thinking of new ideas, and if I feel like the base doesn't work, I drop them, simple as that. You can still use them, but the flaw I see in them still exists.

For example I'm going to explain in this post why my Metaki Series #1 does NOT work. In my [Metaki Series Thread] I explain the good points such as CC unlurable, Hard Queen Kill, Hard to Side Loon, Hard to Hog, as well as Storage location. But the fatal flaw of Queen Killing + killing an AD is present, and Lavaloon will easily roflstomp this base. No matter what I do, Metaki Series #1 is a final product, I can't change it anymore or it'll be a new base altogether. It makes me sad, but at the same time it's a learning experience for me, and I can get good quality information from it to make a thread, as well as the fact that I got an audience to give a lesson to.

There are 2 main things I will post here: [Weakness]
    and [Fatal Flaw].

[Weakness]: Will include some points which if the enemy finds out, it doesn't necessarily mean that they will easily 3 star from there, it's an advantage which if they find out, they can plan out how to use this weakness to their advantage. Doesn't mean the base is 3 starrable, but it means that it's a concern. A weakness can be addressed by tweaks and shifts within the base (hence the new versions).

[Fatal Flaw]: This is something that is inherit within the base which cannot be changed. Either it's an aspect which the base itself contains which no matter how much you try to change it, it will still have this weakness. It's not possible to change the base to cover this Fatal Flaw, or else it would be considered a 'new base'.

To those that ask question like:

Quote Originally Posted by miniminion View Post
    Debating which to use for war, which is the hardest to 2 star?
    i know these bases are anti 3 star, but which are the hardest to 2 star?
    Quote Originally Posted by namqn View Post
    So is #3 the recommended one for war?

Everytime I see this, I think to myself "mmm... all my base is decent, but sooner or later I feel like they'll be broken down by something", so I really don't know what to recommend, lol. It's a good question to ask someone who wants to build to a strong base, but I'm here for the concept so use it and lose it . All I can really say is, "The idea to make the base is concrete, but i feel like has a flaw that makes it sooner or later, unuseable (which I cannot say). Use it if you wish, but I'm not guaranteeing the results."

To those that ask questions or say something like:

Quote Originally Posted by Eric87 View Post
    I would like to know y u put your Skeles and some traps where they r and the bombs (not the giant bombs)
    and y u placed the outside buildings the way they r

Quote Originally Posted by GodII View Post
    Absolutely do not use core double giant bombs. (@ Metaki Series #1)
    That's what I like to hear, since it's what makes the qualities of the base. Skeles are there to stop the 2 by 1 exchange from the loons, and the core double giant bomb was the results of the flowing of hogs The direction of my guides, and my Metaki Series to begin with isn't to build an indestructible fortress. It's to build a fortress and see how long it can defend, learn from it and experience it.

First Generation

Anti - Metaki Series #1/Version 1.1
    [Fatal Flaw]

Life expectancy: 20 battles, 3 weeks tops.
    Finished at: March 16th
    Fatal Flaw/Weakness: [Fatal Flaw] Weak against Lavaloon

Quote Originally Posted by hauw View Post
    Tried the Metaki #1 series, easily lavaloonion'ed to death.
    Let's start with the Series #1. The first series I had made, and was pretty proud of. It had a good take on making it unlureable, CC and queen were well positioned, had teslas and traps to fight against 2 for 1 exchange loons, DGB and 2x6 areas to deter hog users. Just 3 weeks into it's creation, the flaw of it is present.

Problem:
    - AD and Queen too close
    -DGB is within a big section with Queen
    -Parallel ADs
    Weak against Lavaloon

In this image, you can see that this whole big section is a fatal flaw of this base. AD is within the same compartment of this base, as well as the fact that the DGB is also here. At the beginning, most people would chose to lure the queen from the south west and south east side of the base, but once the learn to enter from the north west/west side of the base, then it's pretty much game over due to DGB will be gone, AD will be taken down, and Queen will go down. This combined with the next flaw, make this base broken.

Here you can see that there are 2 Air Defenses that are parallel to each other. At the beginning, I didn't pay attention to this aspect due to me having low experience with Lavaloon, as well as the fact that it was my first base design, but afterwards, this flaw was present to me and made me cringe. There is only 2 'waves' of which bloons have to travel in order to kill the AD, which is a huge nono, as well as the fact that they are linear, makes it too easy to beat.

Comments/Fixes:
    There really is no way to fix this base, due to the fact that it's already pre-sectioned off. Teslas can be moved, maybe some wizardT or some mortars, but any movement from the ADs will result in unbalanced base design. The most I can do is move that top parallel AD with the Wizard Tower beside the Xbow, and that's it. Queen will still be killable with an AD to bring along and that's no stopping it.

Conclusion:
    This base still works against clans that are using 2 star attacks, or hog base. But against advanced Elite TH9 Lavaloon clans, this base is not up to standards anymore, therefore isn't usable in the high leagues.

Anti - Metaki Series #4
    [Fatal Flaw]

Life expectancy: Theory Phase
    Fatal Flaw/Weakness: [Fatal Flaw]Access from the bottom.

Problem:

-The main concept design for the south compartment was the weakness.
    -Queen Lurable, AD destroyable
    -Easy Access

When I first thought of the concept of I was thinking of creating a concept of using two squared defenses into DGB from left side and right side (see my [Base Break Down - Creation and Dissection] Guide for the details of the 'Hourglass Shape.

----

Expanding from that, I built it from there, and created it to a bow shaped, make it top heavy, as well as multiple sections. Bonus feature was that there were Two Inner Archer Tower (green circles) that was difficult to reach.

----
    The Problem

I made is so that the cannon and the ArcherT would be the center of focus if they tried to hog the Xbow, but there is just not enough protection in front of that compartment (only 3). Just a simple Jump spell into that section + heroes, or just 6 rounds of WB will break this base, therefore this series was broken before it started.

Conclusion:
    Even though Metaki Series #4 was a failure, I do believe that this shape of a design is doable, only implementing it is hard due to the Queen attraction the attention

Thread Conclusion

I hope you guys who are into my Metaki Series enjoy the adventure, more than the results of my base, lol. I'm here as someone who enjoys the game for the creativity and concepts, so I'm an odd one. I just made this thread to explain myself better on why I feel like my Metaki Series isn't one of those "I present you, The Ultimate Base.", it's more of a "I present you, Base #1,2,3,4,5.... each got their own personality, and let's see what they can do". I will continue to build more Metaki Series, and reach a point where I feel like it's comfortable.

Enjoy and thanks for reading.
    Last edited by akiyume; March 20th, 2015 at 03:09 AM.

Nice to see that a designer is willing to admit there are flaws in their design,

Quote Originally Posted by UltraDragonMaster View Post
    Nice to see that a designer is willing to admit there are flaws in their design,
    Thanks, my threads to begin with isn't to show off, it's to educate, so I feel like showing the process of creation, and the process of breaking it down is also important. My Metaki series as of all my current ones (1-4), have a huge problem of being Queen Kill + AD destruction which is difficult to break free from. But I'm working on Series #5+ to protect the Queen/ AD first as a focus while still making it CC unlurable. It's really tough as I've already attempted 8+ designs, but stopped mid way due to it being a deadend.

I have yet to see a base without a weakness, you're right about some of these weaknesses being fatal but some of them arent so bad. I'd still use some of your bases in war anyday..

Tomaster | TH9.5- 101/250 lavas | heroes 24/21
    Project Eclipse-Th9 war bases: http://tinyurl.com/k6v6zfm *outdated*
    Project Solar Wind-Th9 Anti Laloon war bases: http://tinyurl.com/nzvy5jl *outdated*
    She Wants the AD- my latest th9/9.5 war base: http://tinyurl.com/l3xggj3

Keep on base building! I enjoyed your educational posts on the forums and your website.

Awesome thread, I am glad you are humble enough to admit the flaws. We need more of that around these forums.

Nice job on building an unique base. Do you have any logs to back it up?

Quote Originally Posted by Yango View Post
    Nice job on building an unique base. Do you have any logs to back it up?
    He has a seperate thread AND a website with all of his bases and all of the logs
    Last edited by Ytiev; March 16th, 2015 at 07:05 PM.