Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Elite War Base Designers: Defense Logs Mean Nothing

Elite War Base Designers: Defense Logs Mean Nothing

I just wanted to rant about something because I saw another thread where someone bragged his base is amazing because no one has 3 starred it yet.

This is purely for the elite war clans that will 3 star most to all of their equals in war. If you are building or posting a war base you should know that 95% of your defense logs (unless they are 3 stars in which case you DO need to check out the flaw) are absolutely meaningless. Most clashers that you war against are bad. They use gowipe/gowiwi, don't kill the archer queen when hogging, deploy all their balloons on a single tower when using laloon, etc. They are bad. If you war against IIB or Onehive or Clashheads or the like only then do they have real value in showing the strength of the base.

Take my old war base here for example. It sucks. It was made during the post-giant-bomb-update era where hogs seemingly died and everyone and their mother reverted to gowipe/gowiwi. Some 40 defense logs after around 5 months of usage. You can look through the defense logs and see loads of TH 10s failed to 3 star it and it was never even close to 3 starred by a TH 9. But who cares? You look at the base for 1 minute and you can see that goho or laloon would 3 star it in a heartbeat.

So keep posting defense logs when you make a base. But remember that just because some noob couldn't 3 star your base with hogs means your base cannot be hogged.

/rant
    Last edited by GodII; March 26th, 2015 at 03:47 AM.
    I've been Clashing for 5 years and was a base builder for various clans in CWL and German Midweek League. I enjoy base building to the point that if you want advice on your base, just send me a message

Banned
    This is true, I look back at logs for bases I've made and realized I wasn't getting hit by good attackers, but continued to say my base could defend against the attack until I actually got hit by an actual good attacker.

By the way, is this thread because of the base posted by KikoMimi, and their response to your suggestions/critique? Just curious.

Forum Contender
    This is quite applicable to farming bases as well.

The point is and always has been: any style of base is weak if the attacker is skilled enough to exploit it.
    Mini Wars: 100th Meridian #PPJRJ9YJ
    Th9 Wars: Cleric-Reborn #9PQPVJQP
    th10 Wars: Prism Legends #QRP8QGL
    Clash Royale: Royale w cheese #VCPL

Pretty sure I'm not a "his" but Oh well if he is talking about me . I don't think no where in my thread did i said this "is an amazing base"

And i just thought of posting it today so i do not have any logs earlier because i thought I would not share it to anyone .

And did not brag either .

And i did not said it have not been 3 starred ever . I even CAP the words.

And my replies were not brags either . You can not judge a book by its cover.

No one is forced or obliged to try the base, i just ask for help for some people to try and use it as so for a wider audience .

after posting on forum i know i have to change the air bombs places because they could look at pic and know where the traps are . But i still wanted to show my original base , because it have stopped 3 star attacks effectively . And I am SURE not everyone is a bad attacker in those 3 month of time .

Every th9 can be starred i wrote that also, this one just prevents an easy first attempt 3 star AND 2nd attempt , If they look at the pic/mod maybe not , but i haven't went against those yet.

Thats why id like to share and look for others to try it first and then give opinions for it , not just looking and say it sucks already. Can only judge by the results .

I did not know you were so offended . I apologize , but that is just something i want to share to everyone if they want or not to try it . Nothing else.
    Last edited by KikoMimi; March 16th, 2015 at 01:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KikoMimi View Post
    Pretty sure I'm not a "his" but Oh well if he is talking about me . I don't think no where in my thread did i said this "is an amazing base"

And i just thought of posting it today so i do not have any logs earlier because i thought I would not share it to anyone .

No one is forced or obliged to try the base, i just ask for help for some people to try and use it as so for a wider audience .

after posting on forum i know i have to change the air bombs places because they could look at pic and know where the traps are . But i still wanted to show my original base , because it have stopped 3 star attacks effectively . And I am SURE not everyone is a bad attacker in those 3 month of time .

Every th9 can be starred i wrote that also, this one just prevents an easy first attempt 3 star AND 2nd attempt , If they look at the pic/mod maybe not , but i haven't went against those yet.

Thats why id like to share and look for others to try it first and then give opinions for it , not just looking and say it sucks already. Can only judge by the results .

I did not know you were so offended . I apologize , but that is just something i want to share to everyone if they want or not to try it . Nothing else.
    Absolutely was not talking about you or to you. You have been respectable and never seeming arrogant. To be honest I was recently looking through clan wars and searched something like "TH 9 3 star" and came across one that said something like "amazing base that cannot be 3 starred!!1!"

Don't apologize for such things because I would be utterly in the wrong for making a thread just to chastise someone who brought up defense logs.
    Last edited by GodII; March 16th, 2015 at 02:03 AM.
    I've been Clashing for 5 years and was a base builder for various clans in CWL and German Midweek League. I enjoy base building to the point that if you want advice on your base, just send me a message

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by KikoMimi View Post

Its an in general post, he wasn't exactly referring to one specific person.

I agree, only reason I have them in mine is to make the thread look more complete and it makes some people understand that just because it's an ugly base doesnt mean it's not effective.

Tomaster | TH9.5- 101/250 lavas | heroes 24/21
    Project Eclipse-Th9 war bases: http://tinyurl.com/k6v6zfm *outdated*
    Project Solar Wind-Th9 Anti Laloon war bases: http://tinyurl.com/nzvy5jl *outdated*
    She Wants the AD- my latest th9/9.5 war base: http://tinyurl.com/l3xggj3

i dont even understand use bases from the internet in clan wars
    im not saying they are bad or anything, and i have nothing against the people that post bases online
    but lots of people use these bases, and people learn how to 3 star them no matter how good the base is

not only this, some of these bases have 3 star replays on youtube that anyone can see

just read some good base building guides and build your own and tweek as necessary
    SpidyFreakshow | LVL 98 |Clan:Cetum Ludus |TH9 |125 Skulls 125 Lego | 391mil GG | 965k HH

Agreed, these defense logs people often post are quite meaningless.

But let's face it, how often are you really paired up with an elite war clan that 3*'s every 9? In our 150 or so war wins, I can maybe recall one clan that did such a thing...and even then they still didn't 3 every 9.

Likewise for farming bases. Most people are just mindless barch/bam/giant/hog spamming and they don't care if they win or lose as long as they gain more loot than they expend.

Every base at TH9 and below can be picked apart and exploited in some way by their equivalent TH if the attacker is good enough. Some designs can be more difficult than others, (when I was a late TH9 my end- TH9 war base was never 3'd by a 9) but again most clans are mediocre in clan wars anyway where everyone would just resort to dummy gowiwi/wipe on everything so in the end it really means nothing.

I wouldn't copy someone elses base anyway. It's usually a pretty terrible idea to use a well known base that's all over youtube/the forums when there are several different guides/vids of how to 3 it.

These bases are great for building blocks, or adapting your own version however....but I would never 100% copy any base that's all over the web.
    Last edited by IDBGOD28; March 16th, 2015 at 04:53 AM.