Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: #NEW# TH9 War Base: Roblox (Anti-Hog | Anti-LavaLoon | Anti-3)

Fresh Spawn

Cool #NEW# TH9 War Base: Roblox (Anti-Hog | Anti-LavaLoon | Anti-3)

Hey all you guys!

I. INTRODUCTION

My name is Jannick and I'm a proud member of Red Onslaught. With my TH9 days coming to an end shortly, I have decided to share my war base that I have been using for quite a while now. Being member of a war-focused clan like Red Onslaught for 120+ wars has taught me alot about base design and attacking strategies. After getting tired of just mindless copying bases and still getting 3 starred, I decided to make my own design which counters the most commonly used attacking strategies for 3 stars such as hogs, lavaloon and variations of GoWiX. So hereby I present you:

ROBLOX

II. TABLE OF CONTENTS

I. Introduction
    II. Table of Contents
    III. The Base (Pictures)
    IV. How the Base works (Features)
    V. Clan Castle
    VI. Pros and Cons
    VII. Conclusion

III. THE BASE (PICTURES)

Full Base

Walls and Traps

Defenses

CC Radius

IV. HOW THE BASE WORKS (FEATURES)

So I designed this base with all my knowledge and experience of Clan Wars. Being a TH9 the most important factor in designing a base, is to try to prevent the 3 star! I see so much TH9 bases on the forums and on YouTube claiming to be anti-2star, but in high level Clan Wars near the end of the war most (if not all) TH9's are being 3 starred, so my goal is to prevent that. That in mind I tried to counter some of the most commonly used army compositions for 3 stars against TH9: Hogs, LavaLoon and GoWiX. I will now discuss some features of the base how I tried to counter those attacks. I'm not going to sum all the design features since you all can see from the images that I have spread AD, WT, Mortars and such...

Hogs

1. Double Giant Bombs
    2. Centralized Heroes
    3. Well Placed Spring Traps

1. DGB or Double Giant Bombs: Are hogs worst nightmare, putting these in between 2 defenses or at places that hogs will pass can ruin an hog attack completely. There is an option to switch and spread them with the teslas but since there are only 4 spots for DGB, an experienced attacker will drop his heals there and the damage from a single bomb isn't high enough to take out a pack of hogs at once so that's why I always double them up.

2. Centralized Heroes: They are harder to lure and kill before they send in the hogs and will follow the hogs around the base doing major damage (if heroes are upgraded properly).

3. Well Placed Spring Traps: While it may seem that they don't do much, a well placed spring trap can send up to 3 hogs flying. Putting these at places that hogs will cross makes them most effective.

LavaLoon (Lava Hounds + Balloons)

1. Well Protected Air Defenses (Layout)
    2. Air Bombs Placement
    3. Centralized Archer Queen
    4. Centralized Air Skeleton Traps

1. Well Protected Air Defenses: is something pretty straight forward. I tried to make it hard for the attacker to predict the path that Balloons will take on their way to the AD. And it takes some time before they reach the first set of AD.

2. Air Bombs Placement: This is something that a lot of people don't really look into and what makes LavaLoon the extremely effective attacking strategy that it is right now. What I tried to accomplish with my air bombs placement is placing black bombs behind Air Defenses so they don't get wasted on balloons. Since they do very high damage to a single target, you want to make sure they go after hounds. With the red bombs, just the opposite: they do much less damage but they do splash damage so I kept them away from the Air Defenses and the path that hounds will take so they go after groups of balloons which makes them most effective.

3. Centralized Archer Queen: Same as with hogs, it's much harder for the attacker to take out the queen before they drop the rest of their troops. A well upgraded queen can dish out some serious damage and cleans up pups much faster.

4. Centralized Air Skeletons: Something i've been testing lately and what has been working very good so far. I've tried to keep them away from any defenses and put them right in the core. This way they don't get triggered until the hounds go down and they splash into pups. They will help with distracting the pups so the queen has a greater chance to survive. A queen that stays alive is the worst nightmare for a LavaLoon attack, she will pick of balloons easily.

GoWiX Variations

1. Small Wall Compartiments

1. Small Wall Compartiments: Any Golem-based attack can be easily countered by creating a very compact base with spread out defenses and lots of wall compartiments. I avoided using X-junctions to keep wallbreakers from opening too much sections at once. They have a hard time to get the golems into the base and protect the other troops. It's a very solid strategy for 2 stars but 3 stars is hard to get because of all the little pockets.

V. CLAN CASTLE

- Placement: I've tried to keep the CC as centered as possible but unfortunately it can be easily lured out by a few hogs or balloons.

- Troops for defense: With how strong LavaLoon is at this stage I came up with a composition that has been working fairly good if they decide to attack without luring CC: 3 wizards and 9 minions. This also works good against other attacking strategies. 12 units also takes some time to lure out. Feel free to try out any other variations, this is just a combination that I found to be fairly efficient.

VI. PROS AND CONS

Pros:

- Anti-Hog
    - Wall layout
    - Hard to 3-star
    - Appealing to the eye
    - No unprotected buildings

Cons:

- Lureable CC
    - Off-centered TH
    - Predictable DGB spots

VII. CONCLUSION

This base has served me very well and I think it is worth sharing with the community as I'm currently planning on upgrading to TH10. Feel free to give any advice about what I could improve or change. Also feel free to copy this base and test it out yourself!

Thanks for reading and have a great day!
    Last edited by Jannick181; March 9th, 2015 at 04:00 PM.

great base. Thanks!
    Last edited by yusufrazak1; March 9th, 2015 at 04:03 PM.

Seems to be a nice layout.

But IMO, bases that are "AntiLava" can't have WT near AD because they will target lavas instead of loons

Fresh Spawn
    Quote Originally Posted by alexcheveau View Post
    Seems to be a nice layout.

But IMO, bases that are "AntiLava" can't have WT near AD because they will target lavas instead of loons
    Yeah that is something to think about but I think its hard to implement it in a compact base as this one. I would have to space out AD or WT but either way they would become way more vulnerable. Swapping the WT with the defenses with those in the pocket with the gold storages would be an option. Thanks for your advice, much appreciated.
    Last edited by Jannick181; March 9th, 2015 at 05:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jannick181 View Post
    Yeah that is something to think about but I think its hard to implement it in a compact base as this one. I would have to space out AD or WT but either way they would become way more vulnerable. Thanks for your advice, much appreciated.
    I'm facing the exactly same issue on my personal layout... now I'm trying a more spaced layout to make ground troops walk around the core and counter the air attacks better... for now it's working
    Using the layout below for last 3 wars and defended two th10 lavaloons attacks (1 stars each) and one ground th9 attacks (1 star too)

Base: http://i.imgur.com/QF0WlWh.jpg
    Defense: http://i.imgur.com/V2MHdsy.jpg

Subscribed this thread to follow your development, cheers!
    Last edited by alexcheveau; March 9th, 2015 at 05:51 PM.

Nicely done Jannick!
    TH9
    25 BK - 25 AQ
    Banfield - Argentina

Looks super sexy!
    EDIT: 200TH POST!!!
    Last edited by oneInfinity; March 10th, 2015 at 05:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cadcool2 View Post
    I think there are a mom and dad of each troop in each barrack and that's how we get our troops.
    IGN : Kenneth | Former Proud Elder of LP4 Hydra, but now clanless...
    Level 101..... In forced retirement (Not my choice to quit clash)

Fresh Spawn
    Quote Originally Posted by alexcheveau View Post
    I'm facing the exactly same issue on my personal layout... now I'm trying a more spaced layout to make ground troops walk around the core and counter the air attacks better... for now it's working
    Using the layout below for last 3 wars and defended two th10 lavaloons attacks (1 stars each) and one ground th9 attacks (1 star too)

Base: http://i.imgur.com/QF0WlWh.jpg
    Defense: http://i.imgur.com/V2MHdsy.jpg

Subscribed this thread to follow your development, cheers!
    I swapped around a few defenses and came up with this: WT no longer cover AD Not sure if it's worth it to push them out since they will get demolished by loons pretty quick anyways, since they are in the first layer... Also having them inside the base a little deeper will help with splashing hogs, wizards,...

Last edited by Jannick181; March 9th, 2015 at 06:23 PM.

Fresh Spawn
    Bump

/10char

Pretty good base with good thoughts. Unfortunately weak to a goho cleanup attack (all bomb locations can be disarmed with 6 hogs coming on the tower guarding the double giant bombs) and the shattered golaloon won't be stopped from the AQ side if they have high level heroes. The wiz towers are in range of ad and the loon deployment clockwise or counterclockwise isn't difficult.
    I've been Clashing for 5 years and was a base builder for various clans in CWL and German Midweek League. I enjoy base building to the point that if you want advice on your base, just send me a message