Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What is TH9.5 and what's the point?

What is TH9.5 and what's the point?

I've seen people posting that when they got to TH10, all they did was upgrade troops, spells and army camps but didn't touch defenses. Especially helpful if in a war clan. Can someone please explain the reason for this and if it is actually beneficial? Just curious, thanks
    The Great Malpa
    lv 140 TH9.5
    Clan: Sky9 Origins

JOIN SMIRK NATION: https://discord.gg/uzaexnT
    Matchmaking, algorithm factors in wall and def levels to make opponents of same level. Unless you're in a hardcore war clan, and you always war, terrible idea.
    Luigi number one!
    Click the sigpic * Avi/Sigpic made by kartikeya2010
    If you need to send a PM, send a friend request. Otherwise, use VMs. TYSM!

TH9.5 is when you upgrade to TH10, and only upgrade spells and troops at first. You do this if you are not yet able to take down TH10's with infernos, as if you are a TH10 in war you should be targetting other TH10's unless you're cleaning up. By not having infernos, or the other xbow, your base will be lower ranked, helping your clan not match up against targets you may not be able to hit until you perfect your strategy and are able to take down fellow TH10's.

This is mostly for people in war clans.

Quote Originally Posted by Daha16 View Post
    TH9.5 is when you upgrade to TH10, and only upgrade spells and troops at first. You do this if you are not yet able to take down TH10's with infernos, as if you are a TH10 in war you should be targetting other TH10's unless you're cleaning up. By not having infernos, or the other xbow, your base will be lower ranked, helping your clan not match up against targets you may not be able to hit until you perfect your strategy and are able to take down fellow TH10's.

This is mostly for people in war clans.
    I am not so sure it is just for war clans. 9.5 is about prioritising offence over defence. This game is about offence in war and with farming. Defence is barely rewarded at all. Unless you covet trophies in champs your reward for winning is more loot loss and a more expensive trap reset with repeated attacks until the shield goes up. Your matchups for farming have nothing to do with your defence capabilities and a max TH9 can defend well against most army compositions...basically if you have a lot of loot someone will take it off you but require a sophisticated expensive army to do it. I want to complete my lava walls (nearly1/3 currently) before I go to TH10 but the 9.5 option is definitely appealing when I do.
    Last edited by Sontaran; March 4th, 2015 at 02:33 AM.

Exploiting the system is the answer.
    Former Clasher
    Hay Day Farmer Lv 79, Town 23
    Of Chill Reputations - A different way to farm

Quote Originally Posted by daz258 View Post
    Exploiting the system is the answer.
    That's not even remotely what it is

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Sontaran View Post
    I am not so sure it is just for war clans. 9.5 is about prioritising offence over defence. This game is about offence in war and with farming. Defence is barely rewarded at all. Unless you covet trophies in champs your reward for winning is more loot loss and a more expensive trap reset with repeated attacks until the shield goes up. Your matchups for farming have nothing to do with your defence capabilities and a max TH9 can defend well against most army compositions...basically if you have a lot of loot someone will take it off you but require a sophisticated expensive army to do it. I want to complete my lava walls (nearly1/3 currently) before I go to TH10 but the 9.5 option is definitely appealing when I do.
    Of course it is only about war. Why wouldn't a farmer in the normal game only (no war) not build infernos right away? You are absolutely right that the game is about offense mainly, but why not make yourself un-farmable if you could?
    Totally agree it makes sense for serious war clans.
    Last edited by Pete82; March 4th, 2015 at 02:46 AM.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by lolnopound View Post
    That's not even remotely what it is
    Sure it is. People figured out the matchmaking weighs defense much heavier than offense, and they are exploiting it for easier matchups. Smart for sure. Great for serious war clans.

Everyone should take the 9.5 route when they first upgrade to TH10. This game rewards offense more so of course you should focus on your offense first. It is simply the logical thing to do and is the same advice given at any TH upgrade. Offense first!

Controversy only arises when someone parks themselves at 9.5 even after maxing their offense. In hard wars they will build infernos on prep day then cancel the upgrade on battle day giving them a 2 inferno advantage every war. This can be argued to be gaming the system, however at a high cost.

Personally I think if someone is dedicated enough to do this then they deserve the advantage. Like in any competitive game the side who is willing to put in more effort gets rewarded.
    Last edited by BlueBoss; March 4th, 2015 at 02:52 AM.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBoss View Post
    Everyone should take the 9.5 route when they first upgrade to TH10. This game rewards offense more so of course you should focus on your offense first. It is simply the logical thing to do and is the same advice given at any TH upgrade. Offense first!

Controversy only arises when someone parks themselves at 9.5 even after maxing their offense. In hard wars they will build infernos on prep day then cancel the upgrade on battle day giving them a 2 inferno advantage every war. This can be argued to be gaming the system.

Can you elaborate on this a little? How would starting infernos on prep day give an advantage? By the time prep day starts you have an opponent so it couldn't affect matchmaking... I'm definitely not doubting you, I just am clearly missing some aspect of prep day.

-Reggie1713