Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is the spaces of barn and silo we really need to play?

Centennial Club

What is the spaces of barn and silo we really need to play?

Hi,
    I'm currently at level 37. My silo and barn is only 425, but I play very well. I think that if I reach level 40s, I only need 100 storage spaces for barn and silo. If I reach level 50s, I need another 100 spaces.
    If you are at higher level, how do you feel. We dont need a big barn and silo like 2000, or 3000.
    Please share your ideas.

It appears like that from where you are now but as you level up you get the ability to make new products and you need the space to hold those products. So, it's better to keep upgrading. I just upgraded to a barn size of 2750 a few moments ago (thank you for that, Lea!) and things get tight still. I try to have enough of premiums to help other boats and my own boats, if need be. I also have to hold mining tools. I also carry axes and saws. So, you will need adequate storage for the tools and foods. Plus you should at some point be storing large quantities of sugar and dairy so as to have a steady supply of stock on hand. More space.

Bottom line: you need space
    Level 100! 6/28/16 won the pearl 12/31/14 won the windmill 2/3/15
    Thank you to TerMinus Prime for my cool banner

I'd say it depends on your style of play. For a very long time both my barm and silo were at about 500. Then I found that by saving all the expansion materials, I didn't have enough space to keep the amount of each item that I prefer to have on hand. Then cme the town and new machines and products, yikes, and it was necessary to work on just getting the BEM's and let a few things go for several days. Finally, at level 85, my barn is at 1100 and silo at 975.

I can make this work, but would love for it to be double that. Eventually it will be bigger, and it will still be tight.

You our may want to check out Tigger's thread on stacking items on the machines. You can have up to 50 items of inventory "held" on each machine, so you do not need a huge barn. You just need to coordinate how and when you retrieve those items.

Sorry, I don't have the link, maybe someone will post it.
    Level 158
    Achievement 144/144 (24 Apr 2019)
    Be kind. 🤗

Forum Superstar
    My barn is at 400 now, silo is at 375. Level 43 player. For a long time the smaller size actually worked quite well for me, but I've recently started upgrading again as I like having a stock of things so I can help people's boats or fill my own
    Level 100 reached 21/7/2019! Level 101 -Town Reputation level 22
    Farm ID #298YQQ2QU
    ALL Sanctuary animals! ~not anymore~ - Might unlock all this land by 2025. Maybe.
    Started September 2014! - Probably the slowest ever consistent player
    Mini farm started on April 24th, 2018! ~Level 66/Rep 17~

Whatever you want! Whilst I class myself as a almost high level player, my barn is only 725 and silo 775

Quote Originally Posted by nath287 View Post
    Whatever you want! Whilst I class myself as a almost high level player, my barn is only 725 and silo 775
    Mind sharing your tactic as how to grow that quickly? Hmm?
    GameCenter ID - DarkDefianceGC​ Kik ID - antoniofabritzi (Hay Day only)
    Hay Day Friend Code: #Y29P8QC0
    Level 71, Rep level 17, TT III (did TT II and TT III in one sitting)
    132/144 achievements, 16 masteries. Barn 4600, Silo 4500

2 Pearls of the Sea found in back to back nets, 27 total now!

Quote Originally Posted by Jerhunter44 View Post
    Mind sharing your tactic as how to grow that quickly? Hmm?
    You cannot talk your barn/ silo is 2000/1950, why don't you share your tactics!

Quote Originally Posted by nath287 View Post
    You cannot talk your barn/ silo is 2000/1950, why don't you share your tactics!
    Definitely not scamming, I'll tell you that. I'm not that underhanded. I have respect, unlike you.
    GameCenter ID - DarkDefianceGC​ Kik ID - antoniofabritzi (Hay Day only)
    Hay Day Friend Code: #Y29P8QC0
    Level 71, Rep level 17, TT III (did TT II and TT III in one sitting)
    132/144 achievements, 16 masteries. Barn 4600, Silo 4500

2 Pearls of the Sea found in back to back nets, 27 total now!

Quote Originally Posted by lydaniel1990 View Post
    Hi,
    I'm currently at level 37. My silo and barn is only 425, but I play very well. I think that if I reach level 40s, I only need 100 storage spaces for barn and silo. If I reach level 50s, I need another 100 spaces.
    If you are at higher level, how do you feel. We dont need a big barn and silo like 2000, or 3000.
    Please share your ideas.
    I don't think there should be any limit to how big your silo and barn can be. I am level 87 with a silo of 1550 and barn of 1400 and I can still fill them up quick.

As you level up, your boat orders ask for a lot more. Last time a boat asked for Jam, it asked for 12. I had other boats ask for 64 bread rolls, 60 popcorn etc.

I can also help other neighbours with their boats and stuff. Plus, with the addition of the derby, that puts another demand on your resources.
    NH: Frisky Furries
    Frisky Bits Stole all my Cheese :P

To the OP, it grows as your farm grows, as you need more at different times as your farm grows. As you level up the boats ask more, townies want more, trucks want more. You will be fine, providing you expand barn and silo as your farm levels up.
    Last edited by Tomville; March 24th, 2015 at 01:05 PM.
    Chapter One #22V00CGY Level 16 International clan
    We welcome strong TH11 and TH12 adult players with big heros for relaxed fun warring, maxing bases and some pushing. Must know where the donate button is!