Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Premium items and the importance of stocking & buying machines

Premium items and the importance of stocking & buying machines

Hi everyone!

I have decided to explain what is called a premium item in HayDay, what is stocking, and the importance of buying all the machines so that the absolute beginners in Hayday will have a clear idea. Most of the time we tell them to stock "premium" items but they might have no idea what a premium item is. Any ideas and comments are welcome!

What is a premium item?
    When you are flipping the pages of Daily Dirt, the newspaper with sales AD's, you will see some items are a more common sight than others. We might say anything that is hard to appear on Daily Dirt can be called a premium item. Also you might see they sell out pretty quick, they might grey out before you even tap on them And remember, a premium item does not necessarily have to be expensive! Some are expensive, like blankets, lobster soup, but some have modest prices like fish fillets. The incentive to buy your machines is not the profit, but being able to produce items that are hard to find on the newspaper!

So, what makes them premium?
    1. Dairy and sugar as ingredients (for higher levels: Duck feather, fish, lobster and bee products as ingredients also count)
    I could say a red berry cake is a common item, whereas a Cheesecake is a premium item. Because the cheesecake needs cheese, plus a cookie as ingredients. You need to turn the milk into cheese in the dairy first to make a cheesecake. The production line is longer. People naturally tend to cling to such hard earned items for their orders instead of selling them. The one exception might be pancake which uses brown sugar as an ingredient, but the reason they appear often on dd might be because they unlock at a very low level.
    2. Production time
    Items that require very long hours to make, like metal bars or jams are also hard to find on DD. You do not use sugar in a blackberry jam but because it takes eight hours to make, people tend to keep them.
    3. Drop items used in production line
    Fruits which require saws and axes altho not that uncommon, sell very quick and not as common as crops, eggs, etc. Metal bars could also be listed under here as they require mine explosives.
    4. Very limited production
    Fish, lobster and duck feathers are limited to unlocked ponds, pool capacity etc and it takes long hours to collect them. They are pretty rare on the paper.
    5. Ingredient for premium items
    All sugars, (brown, white sugar, syrup) all dairy goods (cheese, goat cheese, butter, cream), fish, lobster, feathers, beeswax and honey are products themselves they are used to produce other premium goods.

Waow! That's a lot of premium goods. How can I stock them?
    Indeed. You stock all your produced goods in your barn. Depending on the level, you can start stocking 2-3 items and stocking 5 of them will guarantee some crates in a boat order. It really depends on your barn capacity and playing style. At my level i try to stock 20 of each jam but i constantly feed town people, fill friends' crates, Neighbours' crates, help neighbours with orders so i need a lot of stock. You may feel comfortable with less or more!

Also, when you are a newbie to mid level player you will see sometimes you will get orders before you can even buy your machines or get your machine ready. That is normal and we have all been there at some point. I would suggest you to stock up first and then start filing orders to avoid a vicious cycle of running out.

Expand your barn. I suggest wheating of corning. Each 60-70 harvest gives you a rare item drop for silo expansion, barn expansion, saw, axe or mine item. We use wheat or corn because they are fast to grow! Sell corn at default or wheat at one coin and you will see they sell quickly. Remember you are not making coins when wheating or corning but obtaining expansions. You may sell the produce to little people tho and make more coins. At first it is recommended to take turns on barn and silo expansion as your barn is small, you may trade your unused expansions at the trading thread. Or just sell them on your roadside shop.

Making coins and buying machines
    It is okay to run short of coins at early levels. To minimize it, i would suggest you to level up slowly. Concentrate on coins. After you stock up, sell your extras. Make and sell produce and items, keep those machines running, keep your fields planted! What i did at early levels was to Google hayday wiki and Check the cost of upcoming machines so i would make sure i was leveling up slowly and in the meantime making enough coins for the next machine.

Buying machines is very important because it all come down to premium goods. It's not just about making goods to sell, it may even take a while for the goods to pay for the fee of the purchased machine! But if you do not buy your machines you might have a hard time finding the premium items on paper thus not being able to fill orders.

All right! I hope this helps out the newbies and people with strategic questions and all ideas are welcome!
    Last edited by MadeleineAkaino; February 16th, 2015 at 06:06 AM.

Haha nice idea i used to google hayday wikia too to check on upcoming products, machines n other stuffs that i unlock.

Premium items

Quote Originally Posted by MadeleineAkaino View Post
    Hi everyone!

I have decided to explain what is called a premium item in HayDay, what is stocking, and the importance of buying all the machines so that the absolute beginners in Hayday will have a clear idea. Most of the time we tell them to stock "premium" items but they might have no idea what a premium item is. Any ideas and comments are welcome!

What is a premium item?
    When you are flipping the pages of Daily Dirt, the newspaper with sales AD's, you will see some items are a more common sight than others. We might say anything that is hard to appear on Daily Dirt can be called a premium item. Also you might see they sell out pretty quick, they might grey out before you even tap on them

So, what makes them premium?
    1. Dairy and sugar as ingredients (for higher levels: Duck feather, fish, lobster and bee products as ingredients also count)
    I could say a red berry cake is a common item, whereas a Cheesecake is a premium item. Because the cheesecake needs cheese, plus a cookie as ingredients. You need to turn the milk into cheese in the dairy first to make a cheesecake. The production line is longer. People naturally tend to cling to such hard earned items for their orders instead of selling them. The one exception might be pancake which uses brown sugar as an ingredient, but the reason they appear often on dd might be because they unlock at a very low level.
    2. Production time
    Items that require very long hours to make, like metal bars or jams are also hard to find on DD. You do not use sugar in a blackberry jam but because it takes eight hours to make, people tend to keep them.
    3. Drop items used in production line
    Fruits which require saws and axes altho not that common, sell very quick and not as common as crops, eggs, etc. Metal bars could also be listed under here as they require mine explosives.
    4. Very limited production
    Fish, lobster and duck feathers are limited to unlocked ponds, pool capacity etc and it takes long hours to collect them. They are pretty rare on the paper.
    5. Ingredient for premium items
    All sugars, (brown, white sugar, syrup) all dairy goods (cheese, goat cheese, butter, cream), fish, lobster, feathers, beeswax and honey are products themselves they are used to produce other premium goods.

Waow! That's a lot of premium goods. How can I stock them?
    Indeed. You stock all your produced goods in your barn. Depending on the level, you can start stocking 2-3 items and stocking 5 of them will guarantee some crates in a boat order. It really depends on your barn capacity and playing style. At my level i try to stock 20 of each jam but i constantly feed town people, fill friends' crates, Neighbours' crates, help neighbours with orders so i need a lot of stock. You may feel comfortable with less or more!

Also, when you are a newbie to mid level player you will see sometimes you will get orders before you can even buy your machines or get your machine ready. That is normal and we have all been there at some point. I would suggest you to stock up first and then start filing orders to avoid a vicious cycle of running out.

Expand your barn. I suggest wheating of corning. Each 60-70 harvest gives you a rare item drop for silo expansion, barn expansion, saw, axe or mine item. We use wheat or corn because they are fast to grow! Sell corn at default or wheat at one coin and you will see they sell quickly. Remember you are not making coins when wheating or corning but obtaining expansions. You may sell the produce to little people tho and make more coins. At first it is recommended to take turns on barn and silo expansion as your barn is small, you may trade your unused expansions at the trading thread. Or just sell them on your roadside shop.

Making coins and buying machines
    It is okay to run short of coins at early levels. To minimize it, i would suggest you to level up slowly. Concentrate on coins. After you stock up, sell your extras. Make and sell produce and items, keep those machines running, keep your fields planted! What i did at early levels was to Google hayday wiki and Check the cost of upcoming machines so i would make sure i was leveling up slowly and in the meantime making enough coins for the next machine.

Buying machines is very important because it all come down to premium goods. It's not just about making goods to sell, it may even take a while for the goods to pay for the fee of the purchased machine! But if you do not buy your machines you might have a hard time finding the premium items on paper thus not being able to fill orders.

All right! I hope this helps out the newbies and people with strategic questions and all ideas are welcome!
    excellent article!

i appreciated particularly about getting expansion items, as I keep running out of room in my silo and bar.,

Very useful post, I would just like to add a comment about bread, and animal feeds, these are not strictly speaking premium products as they are quick and easy to make with very few resources however they do sell like premium products almost instantly so if you have a few minutes down time on a machine load up with these items and they can be nice little earners.
    Farm - Show me the bunny.

Quote Originally Posted by kismetsghost View Post
    Very useful post, I would just like to add a comment about bread, and animal feeds, these are not strictly speaking premium products as they are quick and easy to make with very few resources however they do sell like premium products almost instantly so if you have a few minutes down time on a machine load up with these items and they can be nice little earners.
    Bread and animal feed does sell like wildfire.
    They can also be extremely useful not only for coin generation but to use up wheat/corn from wheating/corning.
    Your NH will be very happy to see your RSS filled often.
    KIK & GC : MARCUS_T_147
    Level : 88 : Completed 124/126 Achievements (new ones : Derby's to finish).
    Full mastery of 19 machines. Fishing : 103/129 incl. 26/43 Gold.
    Proud co-leader of Limitless Acres (Blue cat on a Pink circle).

MadeleineAkaino, et al...thanks for the compilation of the numerous good advice for the newbies! The forum contributors are certainly friendly and generous with all sorts of helpful hints! It's greatly appreciated!!

Thanks Madeleine .
    I am going to link to this In the new people tips. I think a lot of the information is already there but this is all in one place.

FYI. Folks there is a link to the wiki on the new people tips first post. I agree it's a great quick reference. I also link to the page in the wiki that tells you what each level has. Very helpful

Great job!

Tigg

Edit. I notice you added it also but I wanted to stick it in the first post so it doesn't get lost
    Last edited by Tiggerr129; February 15th, 2015 at 11:31 PM.

GC: Tiggerr Two #2RQR90QG | Lvl: 131​ | NH:dis FUNtional
    Turbo Trucker Help and Guide | HD Guide Book- | New People Tips
    Main Topic guide

Thanks to Red (again) for the picture !!

Excellent post.

I would say metal bars are premium because of production time and drop items, as you said, and also because they are a sure way to get vouchers on the truck board.

Thank you everyone for your support!
    The footnote about feed and bread is a nice addition, thanks!

I have also added this important note to my article:

And remember, a premium item does not necessarily have to be expensive! Some are expensive, like blankets, lobster soup, but some have modest prices like fish fillets. The incentive to buy your machines is not the profit, but being able to produce items that are hard to find on the newspaper!
    GC: Madeleine Akaino KIK: madeleineakaino
    Farm Level 107 & Town Level 34, NH: Its Jennys Hood

Great thread for new players. You should add this to the "new to hay day?" section (I think that's what it is called so correct me if I'm wrong).

Edit: oh wait, never mind. I think it was already added to the "new to hay day?" section. Lol :P
    Last edited by randomchic12; February 16th, 2015 at 07:56 AM.