Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Wats the most stupid rule in ur clan? Kinda ♥♥♥♥♥♥ off

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiwaz View Post
    This is not a rule of my clan, but I find the most ridiculous rule of those clans who try to uphold is anything dealing with "donation ratios". 1:2 or 2:1, be it whatever it is, it is impossible for everyone to follow (unless 1:1). Troops requested as a whole unit will always equal troops donated.
    This one is kinda funny...cant tell you how many times I see that in the clan description and then you look at the mates and 80% of them are not in line.

Quote Originally Posted by cnaff11 View Post
    I despise this rule. From a leadership position, its the ultimate "I want to minimize the amount of effort I have to put into clan wars. Not to mention, its the complete opposite of hitting where you can be most effective.
    Disagree with this being a lazy strategy for leadership. I used to be in a clan that said attack within a range and it allowed anyone to cherry pick the best/easiest targets. This strategy is all about luck of the draw and the amount of time our leader spends helping people strategise their attacks and explaining why people's attacks are not viable is anything but lazy.

I actually missed you guys. Not as much as I miss Knight Rider but close.
    Unless you have a closed clan of 'real life' mates then you will only have strife unless you have tight war rules. Nothing annoys players more than watching a high player ravage their opposite ten below his level then leave without even commenting on chat.
    This leads to stress for leaders as the cats start trying to scratch each others eyes out. In my humble view having the opposite rule for first attack works very well with the simple caveat that if the match-up is awful the players must ask a co or leader whether they can attack lower. Then if that person sulks the co is in control.If anyone ignores the rules they get kicked and everybody knows where they stand.
    Simples.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Guest78910 View Post
    Disagree with this being a lazy strategy for leadership. I used to be in a clan that said attack within a range and it allowed anyone to cherry pick the best/easiest targets. This strategy is all about luck of the draw and the amount of time our leader spends helping people strategize their attacks and explaining why people's attacks are not viable is anything but lazy.
    If a clan cherry picks for easy targets over the goal of winning as a clan, well that's not a very good clan wouldn't you say? If your leadership is going to spend all that time coordinating...but forcing said coordination into the base directly across from you...that seems like the most prudent use of efforts? Suppose the base across from you is defensively just not a good match up for the troops you have...just say the heck with it and hit it anyhow? Maybe your a skilled attacker with a specific troop comp- but it doesn't match up with the base directly across from you. Oh well...lets spend all our time coordinating on how you can get a single star on the attack.

We don't really have any dumb rules. We used to have the attack your same number in war, we then quickly found out that didn't work.
    TH9 Level:92 Clan: Alliance 7 Position in Clan: Co-Leader IGN: T898
    GG: 286M EE:250M HH: 363K 200/250 Skulls Trophy Record: Masters III 2692
    King: Level 10 Queen: Level 6 Don't touch this

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiwaz View Post
    This is not a rule of my clan, but I find the most ridiculous rule of those clans who try to uphold is anything dealing with "donation ratios". 1:2 or 2:1, be it whatever it is, it is impossible for everyone to follow (unless 1:1). Troops requested as a whole unit will always equal troops donated.
    I always have a slight facepalm reaction to seeing this too.

And obsession with donations is not a mark of a good clan imo.

We used to do + or - 2 from your number. That way you had a good range and since there are many overlapping numbers, it's then a first come, first serve. It worked out pretty well but we ventured off from it. Not like it would matter now b/c we get opponents who are far, far better than us so until they fix that, it's literally the luck of the draw. If we get another equal opponent, I'm going to enforce it again b/c it worked well. Obviously there are exceptions like there are to everything but it's the best way to about it IMO.
    Player Profile: https://www.clashofstats.com/players...2JRRGY/profile
    War frequency: Once we end a war, we start the next day - Level 11
    Representing the USA (mostly) - Mostly adults - Recruiting anyone who wars

Forum Veteran
    "Sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of my deafening awesomeness" S. Archer

Flexibility

The rule does not sound terrible if your leadership had some flexibility. We attack usually in a +3/-3 range but adjust every war. Our prob is dealing with a growing roster and getting players that cannot fight effectively at their lvl. We usually have to get a few players in, try them out for a war or two, then cut the ones that do not fit the clan. Sux and is a continuously painful process.

I was in a pretty bad clan a while ago for like 10 minutes...the leader said "everyone MUST donate more than they receive". That rule is generally meant to make members donate as much as this can, but this guy LITERALLY meant it. He wasn't even happy with a 1:1 donation ratio. As soon as someone received exactly as much as they donated, they got booted. I said "Isn't it technically impossible for EVERYONE to have a positive donation ratio unless we get lots of hoppers or if this was a req and go clan?" (and he also kicked out anyone that joined and requested without donating) then he said "no look at my ratio" then I got kicked . he was probably 10 yrs old or something haha

Quote Originally Posted by cnaff11 View Post
    If a clan cherry picks for easy targets over the goal of winning as a clan, well that's not a very good clan wouldn't you say? If your leadership is going to spend all that time coordinating...but forcing said coordination into the base directly across from you...that seems like the most prudent use of efforts? Suppose the base across from you is defensively just not a good match up for the troops you have...just say the heck with it and hit it anyhow? Maybe your a skilled attacker with a specific troop comp- but it doesn't match up with the base directly across from you. Oh well...lets spend all our time coordinating on how you can get a single star on the attack.
    I agree with the cherry picking statement hence why I used to be with them. The idea of only being skilled with one troop comp is a bit strange to me but I guess that's where having a good leader who can advise you on different tactics really is an advantage. As for only getting one star, I must say thankfully that is an anomaly rather than the norm in my clan.