Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mirror Strat

Forum Veteran

Mirror Strat

I was debating the mirror strat in my mini's clan yesterday. I've only seen this used in one clan(It was with my main rather than mini) and we won 70% of wars I would say. We were in the half and half TH9/10 range early in CW before the restriction to ghosting.

Personally I've never been a fan of the strat if your goal is to win. I just can't see how a fixed target can be as efficient at getting max stars as allowing selection.

What do others think? Are there any high win ratio clans that make use of the mirror strat? If so, how do you get it to work?

Ours is. But its not set on stone. If someone is quite sure they can't 3* their number, then they'll have to ask someone who can 3* it to switch number. Or they will be on standby for cleaning and someone else will take it. Mirror only for first 14hrs. So it works fine for us. 83-10-2 record.
    TH11 BK/AQ/GW 40/40/10
    GG: 1.2B | HH: 5M | EE: 1.4B | War hero: 888| FiN: 193k | Walls: 60 Magma

HQ 21 vp 800 xp 55 Warriors 19 | Hooka 21| Lc's 21
    TH 29% | TD 28% 13% | PSC 69% | RR 48% | GBE 40% 17% 17% 16% 16%

Banned
    Mirror for easy wars, so people have to step out of their comfort zone sometimes (first attacks), 2nd attack on clashcaller mopping up some1's mess.

Clashcaller for hard wars, go as high as you can for a sure 3 star. People are divided in few categories. Fast hitters (using both of their attacks as soon as war starts), moppers (not calling any targets, rather cleaning up from fast hitters). Those are for th9s.

Th10s have a different approach, they can hit whenever and whoever. If they're going for 3 star, they can ask for a lower member to scout a certain base. If they're going for 2 stars, just hit right away.

Hope it helps, Mos. Clashheads

Banned
    I think it depends on the war and also how active leadership is.

Easy wars using mirror can alleviate the need for leadership to worry about planning and also can be a good tool to force ppl to try new strategies and attack bass's they wouldn't usually select.

It is by no means the best strategy for achieving maximum stars but can be a useful tool.

Everyone knows who their target is and can plan ahead and hit it in their own time. The use of a reservation system like clashcaller can achieve this also but at the same time allow some flexibility in attacking ranges.

Imo it is up to the clan to decide what works for them. They should trial a few different options including mirror fcfs reservations and even possibly the assignment of targets for each member..
    Last edited by CaineCH; February 2nd, 2015 at 12:28 PM.

Millennial Club

For the most part we use it

And it does work for us quite well.

But we do start with the bottom players so it's pretty easy to accomplish and you know pretty quickly if things won't work out. Then the next player up has the responsibility of hitting that one lower than then them for first attack. Second will be mirror. Once the bottom half have taken out those lower bases then the top half will begin to work on their mirrors. Again starting with the lowest available stars. We often win our out matches this way. Continuous damage up the map and keeping the pressure of us gaining stars on them causes many a clan to have their big guys hit low for stars. Thus deleting any help from their low members and ruining their chances.

On the off chance that they also utilize a similar strategy we will then sit back and wait until they think we have given up and begin to use their attacks for loot rather than stars. Then we pick up where we left off and enjoy the show. This too has led to some fun wins. One war we did all our attacks in the last three hours. It was a fun war!

Forum Elder
    For me mirror is not your exact number on the other side, but a TH of the same development level on the other side. Sometimes it's the same number. Sometimes +/- 3 positions.

But we only do this for the first attack. This results is 2 stars on most TH9/TH10. And either 3 stars or 2 stars on the TH8s.

Then to win, we go down and do three stars on the bottom bases.

It removes the need for the lowest player to attack in the first few hours. The top players can do their first attack at the beginning. Sure it's better if the lowest made both attacks in the first 3-4 hours. But we gave them 18 hours to finish both attacks. After that, too bad, we'll do the cleaning.

We win by 1-4 stars when using this strat mostly because when we are really far in front, we do higher attacks than needed.

It works great
    Level 155, TH 10. Quebec Land

I'd share our strat, but that's proprietary... really it's different for every opponent. The only time I'd go with an attack your evil twin strat would be in the event of a severe mismatch... and even then, not so much. Typically, when I notice we have an each attack your own on the other side, I start to think about what I'm going to do with my win bonus.
    Most cups: 4826
    Leader: Oklahoma Rage, 7th United States Top 200 Clan to lvl 11
    1 billion+ gg; lvl 186; 404020 heroes; 100% cheeto walls

Forum Veteran
    The reason I don't like the mirror strat is bc the game ranks the cities in terms of how strong their defenses are. If your clan has players whose offenses are really strong or weak relative to their own defense you could have problems. As an example, if a player has the tenth strongest defense, but the 2nd strongest offense, you might not want him to attack the tenth ranked defense on the other side.
    Last edited by dave5872; February 2nd, 2015 at 06:22 PM.

Millennial Club

That's true

Quote Originally Posted by dave5872 View Post
    The reason I don't like the mirror strat is bc the game ranks the cities in terms of how strong their defenses are. If your clan has players whose offenses are really strong or weak relative to their own defense you could have problems. As an example, if a player has the tenth strongest defense, but the 2nd strongest offense, you might not want him to attack the tenth ranked defense on the other side.

Guess it depends on the clan make up. We max everything before going to next level beginning with troops, camps, bombs and traps. Defenses come second as you need those good troops to farm for the gold to do them. The better your troops the more loot you can steal is my motto. And those maxed out bombs help you retain it. So everyone has troops comparable to defense levels in our clan. That would be why hitting our mirror works so well for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Mobad View Post
    And it does work for us quite well.

But we do start with the bottom players so it's pretty easy to accomplish and you know pretty quickly if things won't work out. Then the next player up has the responsibility of hitting that one lower than then them for first attack. Second will be mirror. Once the bottom half have taken out those lower bases then the top half will begin to work on their mirrors. Again starting with the lowest available stars. We often win our out matches this way. Continuous damage up the map and keeping the pressure of us gaining stars on them causes many a clan to have their big guys hit low for stars. Thus deleting any help from their low members and ruining their chances.

On the off chance that they also utilize a similar strategy we will then sit back and wait until they think we have given up and begin to use their attacks for loot rather than stars. Then we pick up where we left off and enjoy the show. This too has led to some fun wins. One war we did all our attacks in the last three hours. It was a fun war!

That basically summarises alot of clans strategies. We have had back to back wars where this has happened.
    Viti Warriors - #P2YLVQGR