Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Cyanide - TH 9/TH 8 War Base {Anti GoWiPe/GoWiWi/GiWiPe/Air} -

Cyanide - TH 9/TH 8 War Base {Anti GoWiPe/GoWiWi/GiWiPe/Air} -

Welcome To The CYANIDE War Base Thread

Watch Cyanide In Action: HERE

Introduction
    Myself and a friend of mine named Kenyon have come up with a mainly th 9 war base, but still an effective th 8 war base that will successfully defend against some of the most used war strategies in the game. This war base is from cheif pat's th 10 war base, but we have revamped it for th 8 and th 9. Between he and I we have a Combined 3 years of clash experience. He is currently a lvl 109 th 9 and I am a level 81 th 8. We know that our extensive knowladge and playing time on the game has led us to create the most effective and successful war base to date. Note: The purpose of this base is to stop 2 star wins. This base effectively stops:

Ground
    1. GoWipe
    2. GoWiWi
    3. GiWiPe
    4. GiWiWi
    5. Mass Hogs
    6. Giant Healer

Air
    1. Baloonion
    2. Lavaloonion
    3. Dragoon
    4. Mass Dragon

This is a Proven method and will post replays of the base winning or only getting one starred on my youtube or on the thread as soon as I can put a video together. Also if you use this base feel free to share your replays and screenshots on the thread so that myself and my friend can see how it is working

Key For The Pictures
    Multicolored 'X' = Where the troops enter the base
    Red Arrow = Troops path through the base
    Yellow Arrow = Pointing out a noteworthy defense
    Purple Area = Defenses area that it covers
    Blue = Outlining the walls

Cyanide - Town Hall 9 v1.0
    Here is the base design, copy the the design if you want. If you would like to see a change in the design, please feel free to comment about the changes you want. We will update the OP with the new changes with pictures as well as the new version number. Enjoy!

Let's get into the strategy of the layout, shall we?

Channeling
    I might create my own full strategy guide on channeling, but i'm sure there already is one, however I am too lazy to search it at the moment.

So what is channeling? Well it is sort of like funneling except you don't leave walls open, the magic happens inside the base after the attacker breaks through a layer of walls.

Channeling's main purpose is to get the attacker's troops to go around in circles, never touching the inside layer of the base where say, the resources are in a farming base, or in this case the town hall. Channeling has been used many times before, by many great players and Kenyon and I have found channeling to be the most effective defense method for th 9 and th 8s.

So on this base how does channeling work exactly?

Here is how Cyanide effectively channels the troops around the whole base. Which ever way the attacker chooses to enter the base, they will eventually run into the channel. This is super effective because no matter where the troops come from they will end up going around in a circle.

Defending the GoWiPe/GoWiWi/GiWiPe

Lets say that the attacker is using a GoWiPe. He sends in the golems, wall breakers break the walls by the 'X' and they begin to enter the base. Once all of the wizards have cleared the area the pekkas begin their rampage. Except for one thing-- they just go around in a circle. Same with the Golems. The Golems will be so easily distracted by all of the defenses in the channel. They will just make their way around the base rather than going into the middle compartment, which is key.

Let me show you what I mean

The Teslas in the center of the base cover most of the channel, therefore as the golems and pekkas are running around, the teslas will constantly be zapping the Pekkas. We all know that Teslas do 2x damage to pekkas. In other words, the pekkas are basically done, since the Teslas are spread even through the middle compartment.

Same goes for the old Giant Healer strategy. The Giants will just run around outside channel while the healers are taken down by the air defenses in the middle of the base. The giants are basically screwed then because they no longer have their healer.

Another thing that I would like to point out about this base is that the mortars are on the outer edge of the base, yet still extremely effective. As the purple suggests, the mortars cover almost all of the base, besides the middle compartment. However they do cover the whole channel, making sure no matter where the troops are they are taking splash damage by some type of defense.

Defending Air Attacks

We all hate the times where 25 balloons and 50 mins come in and completely destroy a base. I know, ive been through it. However, with Cyanide, this is no longer an issue. This base not only defends against high level ground attacks, but it also takes care of air attacks. Through our years playing the game, Kenyon and I have discovered that the most effective way to defend against air raids is to make sure that your air defenses are completley spread out! Look:

Obviously you can see that that two of the ADs are on opposite sides of the base. Why not make all four opposite? Well the fact of the matter is that most of the time a heavy air raider will bring a couple lightnings and take out one of the ADs. Take a dragon attack for example, the attacker comes in, uses 2 lightning spells and destroys an air defense, what does he do next? He deploys a heck of a lot of drags on the opposite side to take out the other AD ASAP. But with Cyanide, as indicated by the purple, the attacker wont be able to take out that other AD very easily with drags because the ADs in the middle compartment are doing work and taking them out.

What about a balloonion?

Same thing applies with this. The raider will take a couple of lightinings, destroy AD 1, then mass balloons around the other one. Well of course you will have some of the balloons go down because of the AD in the center. But also Balloons are really susceptible to splash damage. Thats where the strategically placed wizard towers come into play. They will dish out splash to the group of balloons around the AD, however since they are a 4x4 space away from the AD getting attacked they wont receive splash in return.

It has stood up well against Lavaloonion, since the air defenses are spread out wide, the lava hounds have a difficult time staying alive for 50% of the attack. Then, I said in the OP the wizard towers take down the balloons quickly since they dont have a or a couple lava hounds to meat shield for them.

Cyanide - Town Hall 8 [Beta]
    Don't have a th 9 base and think this is a great strategy? Well good news!! Here is the rendition of the th 9 base, following the same principles but revamped for town hall 8ers. As you can see this includes the ever important channeling, which is indicated by the 2nd picture below. Have fun using this base, if there are any changes that you would like to see for this one, let us know and we will update the OP with pictures and the version of Cyanide. (Sorry For the crappy quality, working on fixing it)

Channeling Wins Defenses!

Video / Base Results [This section is in progress]

This is a result from the last war that we had, I will post some more results on my youtube. 1080p Makes all the difference

http://tiny.cc/xwlvtx

Here is the video

Re Designs Submitted By Viewers Like You

(Submitted by:

Re-Designs Submitted By Viewers Like You!

Design by:
    jqgunty

Also, Check out my latest video!

Thank You

Thank you so much for visiting this thread, we hope you found it helpful and hope the base design works as well for you as it did for us! Again if you have any suggestions then you should post them in the comments and we will update the design as necessary

Thanks!

-Eric and Kenyon
    Alt+MAlt+N
    Last edited by Dejavux98; March 20th, 2016 at 03:37 PM. Reason: Picture Fixes

COC: IGN: Murray | LVL: 84 | Trophy Record: 2257 | Clan: lilMonsters | EXPERINCED! TH:8
    22/225 Skulls |King 7| GG: Complete! | EE: Complete! | YouTube
    CR: IGN: BoyWonder | LVL: 6 | Trophy Record: 1637 | Clan: Dat Boi |
    Favorite Troop: Giant| Current Areana: Spell Valley | YouTube

I do not see any pictures? Currently on my phone, so not sure if that has something to do with it.
    IGN Eric | Clan Ironhorse
    Electric 50/200 | AQ 60 | BK 60 | GW 30

Quote Originally Posted by Lightburb View Post
    I do not see any pictures? Currently on my phone, so not sure if that has something to do with it.
    The pics aren't working

Pics not working for me as well, to OP, try Imgur maybe.

This thread has a lot of detail which I like however please fix the pictures so we can look at your design.
    EAT. SLEEP. RAID. REPEAT.

Fixed! We are back up :)

Quote Originally Posted by wormwood1 View Post
    The pics aren't working
    Quote Originally Posted by Ysera View Post
    Pics not working for me as well, to OP, try Imgur maybe.
    Quote Originally Posted by randerthall View Post
    This thread has a lot of detail which I like however please fix the pictures so we can look at your design.
    Thanks all for the notice, pics are fixed, Enjoy!

COC: IGN: Murray | LVL: 84 | Trophy Record: 2257 | Clan: lilMonsters | EXPERINCED! TH:8

You nor your friend created this base. I have seen this base at least a dozen times and many TH10 versions of it. The base looks like an easy 3 star with GoHoWiWi. Just kill the queen and there is no double giant bombs to stop the piggies.

Retired Clash of Clans Base Designer | TH9 Base Design Compilation
    Brawl Stars: 45000 Trophies Combined

Quote Originally Posted by TheJ View Post
    You nor your friend created this base. I have seen this base at least a dozen times and many TH10 versions of it. The base looks like an easy 3 star with GoHoWiWi. Just kill the queen and there is no double giant bombs to stop the piggies.
    Thanks for the reccomendation, however throught our experinces in war the most common army comps we have faced are posted in the OP, none of those include GoHoWiWi. Thanks anyway
    Last edited by Dejavux98; January 31st, 2015 at 10:00 PM.

This is actually a common base design. I believe the original base design inspiration is from Chief Pat from YouTube.

I like your detailed base thread. How does it fair in the new meta, against lavaloonion or Golaloonion?

Quote Originally Posted by mpcbsar View Post
    This is actually a common base design. I believe the original base design inspiration is from Chief Pat from YouTube.

I like your detailed base thread. How does it fair in the new meta, against lavaloonion or Golaloonion?
    Thank you for the notice, I have added that to the OP about cheif pat using the same concept. As for the lavaloonion and goloonion:

Lavaloonion

It has stood up well against Lavaloonion, since the air defenses are spread out wide, the lava hounds have a difficult time staying alive for 50% of the attack. Then, I said in the OP the wizard towers take down the balloons quickly since they dont have a or a couple lava hounds to meat shield for them.

Golaloonion
    Unfortunately, Cyanide has not yet seen a battle against this strategy, we will post info about it as soon as we are attacked by one.