Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: To the people who say "never gem anything at all ever":

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by sr55651 View Post
    why?
    what is so incredibly horrible about gemming that anyone who does it should be ashamed?
    No idea, some people wear it like a badge of honour for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by lolnopound View Post
    Maybe the game isn't that great and I don't want to spend money on it?
    lol, see the quote below.

Quote Originally Posted by FireSauce View Post
    If anything, you gemmers should be making fun of us non-gemmers for wasting so much of our time playing the hard way! Money, you can earn back...but time never ticks backwards.
    Dead right. Time an money are both costs. You have to invest one or another, or both in varying degrees

Forum Veteran
    Hmm ive never seen anyone tell someone not to gem anything ever, seems like flame bait to me. If im talking to a new person I suggest they save the gems to get builders instead of using them when they aren't needed at the start.

People who give abuse to gemmers are usually kids who are jealous but it isn't helped when people who gem make assumptions and try abusing what they assume the other persons life to be like- it's become swings and roundabout so I have no sympathy either way if I see people arguing about it, although I will sometimes point out that without gemmers the game wouldn't get updated as much
    Lvl 144, TH 10, 223 lavas, 52 magmas
    King= (30, upgrading to 31), Queen- (40)

TH10 as of February 7th 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by pololo View Post
    Except if it's time to go to sleep and you have a builder who has almost finished upgrading something, thn i'll spend gems to finish the upgrade (not much 20 gems max) in order to make that guy work on something else. Double beneffit :
    - The builder is not sleeping while you are away
    - The ressource used can not be stolen anymore
    What is worth more? 2x Barracks boosts (ie. 20 gems)? or some builder time and avoiding resources being stolen?

I frankly don't care at all of resources being stolen. I say let them loot, I loot others myself it's part of the game. Those 20 gems could be better spent making even more loot that what could potentially be stolen, and a few hours of wasted builder time won't kill you. Builders won't run out, they are permanent (which is why I save 99% of gems towards getting more builders).

The above situation falls under the "I won't fall for small temptations" principle. As tempting as it is to just finish the upgrade, the cost-benefit ratio is too disadvantageous.
    Last edited by Yoyobuae; February 2nd, 2015 at 04:17 PM.
    Ignore list: rydogg20 bouges jarvee nerfedname Rampantarmadillo JohnSnow83 Vikky CriPpLeR RakeNoris ClashRoyaleTeam AsyanHari
    Quote Originally Posted by TooBizar4u View Post
    Only troop you need is the goblin. The rest are just luxury troops.

Quote Originally Posted by FireSauce View Post
    If anything, you gemmers should be making fun of us non-gemmers for wasting so much of our time playing the hard way! Money, you can earn back...but time never ticks backwards.
    TenCharacters
    CoC - TH9 - Level 113
    BB - HQ 14 - Level 36
    HD - Level 41

Banned
    Not behind you with a knife.. That's for sure..
    i myself buy 2500 gems a month, every month.
    my friend jonas doesn't gem at all, but he's been playing 6 months more than i have and i am just using gems to boost barracks and save them up for clan wars and stuff.

my gold grab is x3 as much as jonas's gold grab
    my base is th8 almost th9 and his is th9.

he have played 9 months more than me but yet i know more to the game than he do.
    now i've just stepped a level over him when he had 6 months head start, and he say "it's only because you gem"
    he doesn't think that the people who buys gem have any skill at all what so ever.
    i just reply with "okay, every gemmer just stops gemming? let's see how the game will be like in a month.

I was on global the other day (I know, I'm asking why myself), and anyone that came on with a champ or masters badge was getting asked if they gemmed and before they could answer they started saying you're just a bunch of gemmers and how it's stupid.

I have a few guys in my clan that have gemmed their base, and I'm not really into that because where is the fun in gemming everything, but that is their business. I could care less how they got there as long as it's legit. I've used gems to boost so I can attack more, because that's where the fun is. I also will sometimes use them to finish an upgrade early because my work schedule is all over the place so it lets me move on to the next upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Aske View Post
    my gold grab is x3 as much as jonas's gold grab
    my base is th8 almost th9 and his is th9.
    Yes, but is this worth as much as say, a new console game? I think I would take the console game, and instead put CoC in the back burner for a while.
    Ignore list: rydogg20 bouges jarvee nerfedname Rampantarmadillo JohnSnow83 Vikky CriPpLeR RakeNoris ClashRoyaleTeam AsyanHari
    Quote Originally Posted by TooBizar4u View Post
    Only troop you need is the goblin. The rest are just luxury troops.

Because non-gemmers are too cheap.
    Quote Originally Posted by NF2335 View Post
    You wasted your time reading this
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveZGE View Post
    No clouds to 4100 enjoy it, after 4300 a few fluffies then at 4500+ get a book to read as you wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by alienwombat View Post
    bad tip! if you lure the cc before the main attack, they can start attacking you pekkas even sooner

Why?

Stigma, that other player would think that you can't get things done through skill so you do it the easy way. Reaching high th developments through money.
    Thats the answer to your question.
    But mature people knows better than this, if I ever meet a gemmer, I thank them, for keeping this game alive.
    And BTW, I don't gem because I'm poor. I save green gems from achievements to buy builders, and I'm on my 4th.
    But if i have extra money, ill definitely buy green gems to get 5th builder.

Quote Originally Posted by sr55651 View Post
    why?
    what is so incredibly horrible about gemming that anyone who does it should be ashamed?
    Nothing horrible about it...but some people like to maintain the purity of playing with no boosts...

Others like to play for free and are proud advocates of what you can achieve without spending a penny...some player's bases rival any gemmers now...all for free. I do think you need to pay to play at the top trophy levels though...the need to be on line and raiding or under a shield is too high for free players (wont make enough on attack if you dont boost - will loose too much on defence if you dont pay for shields...ie when working / when on holiday / when without internet connection. Farmers dont really mind, they pick up where they left off but hunters can loose weeks of work in just a few sessions of lost defences with no attacks to replenish cups.

Basically, some people like to boast that they dont gem...there is an element of superiority they might feel as a result od doing for free what some other people pay a lot of money for. Of course, that is misplaced. There are very skillful farmers just as there are very skillful hunters. The way they spend or dont spend gems has little or nothing to do with that.

Clan Leader - Opes Revolution ____________Coc YouTube Vids