Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 32

Thread: Causes of mismatches

  1. #21
    Forum Contender
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,774
    IMHO with rushed or premmie bases it really depends on the player. If you have a TH10 with TH10 offence but TH8 defence, that player could help in clan wars since they will draw in more TH9s and maxed TH8s. If you have a TH10 with TH10 defence but TH8 offence... well that's gonna be a detriment to your clan because they are more likely going to draw in more maxed TH9-Th10s.

    Of course these are just observations, no real hard and fast stats to back it up with so feel free to argue with them.

  2. #22
    Forum Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,935
    Quote Originally Posted by JKL2207 View Post
    IMHO with rushed or premmie bases it really depends on the player. If you have a TH10 with TH10 offence but TH8 defence, that player could help in clan wars since they will draw in more TH9s and maxed TH8s. If you have a TH10 with TH10 defence but TH8 offence... well that's gonna be a detriment to your clan because they are more likely going to draw in more maxed TH9-Th10s.

    Of course these are just observations, no real hard and fast stats to back it up with so feel free to argue with them.
    Exactly.

    There's been a bit of discussion here about premies. But there are different types of prem account. I think its pretty clear OP is not referring to people in his clan building mean war accounts by prioritising offence over defence.

    He's clearly talking about those who ignored certain bits of their base in favour of having a higher TH level. For me, I've never been completely clear whether these bases adversely affect the match, because its the attributes of the account which are used in MM - MM sees a lvl 7 archer tower, not a lvl 7 archer tower protecting a TH10. However, my experience on the whole, is that there is a big gap skills gap associated with these accounts - ie they don't get the best out of the troops they have available. I see that as more of an issue.

    However, reading the OP, I think the high level inactive accounts is probably more of an issue. Those guys are unlikely to be donating decent troops, delivering on raids, addressing issues with their bases etc.

  3. #23
    Centennial Club
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    155
    Quote Originally Posted by Derrick1992 View Post
    Even if they all attacked we wouldn't come close. I don't care what anyone says the TH has to factor if it were all about defensive structures we wouldn't be outgunned that bad. I left to a small clan with no rush th and the matchup was way better and even in our favor judging from the other clans counterpart to me. It can't be the extra structures throwing it off the TH has to be weighted too.

    You experienced it yourself, rushed TH's makes a difference.

    Case in point, we let a guy in our clan that didn't appear to be rushed but the newest guy had horrible Teslas (several levels below what would be expected for TH 9). We had a few match ups that weren't the greatest and he ended up leaving.

    Nobody since is allowed in our clan that's rushed. After the guy with rushed HT's left our clan the match-ups went back to being favorable. At least 80% of our match-ups are either even or slightly favorable. Probably 1:5 is not in our favor, but that's OK we still try to win.

  4. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    788
    Quote Originally Posted by WrenchDiver View Post
    You experienced it yourself, rushed TH's makes a difference.

    Case in point, we let a guy in our clan that didn't appear to be rushed but the newest guy had horrible Teslas (several levels below what would be expected for TH 9). We had a few match ups that weren't the greatest and he ended up leaving.

    Nobody since is allowed in our clan that's rushed. After the guy with rushed HT's left our clan the match-ups went back to being favorable. At least 80% of our match-ups are either even or slightly favorable. Probably 1:5 is not in our favor, but that's OK we still try to win.
    I've changed my thoughts on it somewhat. Today we got matched in a war against one th10 to our 3. We've got the edge on this matchup I think. One is premature and has a th9 above it due to no inferno towers. I think it's possibly rushed th typically correlates to poorly researched troops.

  5. #25

    Troops and hero levels are not weighted enough.

    I think the higher level clan you are, the easier it is to see what is weighted the heaviest in match making.

    Our clan has half th10 half th9 and I am seeing a big relationship between matchmaking and Inferno towers/Xbows. When our clan was mostly th9 we would usually come up against mostly th9 clans, sometimes clans with a few more premmie th10, but as soon as we had a big bulk of members go to th10 that matched us against clans with similar ammount of th10s. Not so unusual you say? Well no, but the other thing I noticed was that despite our new th10 having lvl 1 infernos and noob th10 defences, the clans we were facing although having very similar defences to ours usually had much higher level troops and much higher level heroes. Despite bases being similar levels, we were going into war with many of our guys with lvl 20 heroes and th9 troops against clans with max gowipe and level 30+ heroes.

    This continued for a few weeks until those new th10 got their troops upgraded and now we are seeing the opposite effect in many cases. We are the clan with few new th10 and many maxed gowipe troops and we get matched against clans with new th10s that have bad troops. Before we levelled up we would face stronger clans in every war, and I mean every war, that is not an exaggeration despite us winning most of them.

    Anyway, it certainly seems like you get a harder time in war if you concentrate more on defence than offence. If you want less missmatches then once you max your base for a th level make sure to concentrate on offence before defence, because troop and hero levels really don't seem to make much difference to match making, but expensive defences seem to affect it hugely in comparison.

  6. #26
    Millennial Club
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Aussie Aussie Aussie! Oi Oi Oi!
    Posts
    1,024
    Quote Originally Posted by avillus View Post
    Come join my clan we are 40-0 in war. I promise you want be disappointed

    Clan tag #29yvugp

    Clan name BLOOD - N - BONE
    No need to advertise your own clan here...just send him a pm lol
    Quote Originally Posted by DroogJanus View Post
    Ever heard of the Three Idiots Rule? If you run into more than three idiots in a day, you're the idiot.
    Currently trying to win a forum game by making utterly pointless threads.

  7. #27
    Cowboy Holps's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    I actually missed you guys. Not as much as I miss Knight Rider but close.
    Posts
    8,442
    I believe Tinder is the cause of many of the mis-matches




  8. #28
    Trainee Spencer23dollars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    34

    A Clan for all Rushed town Halls?

    Quote Originally Posted by Derrick1992 View Post
    So I've been in this clan for awhile only the second one I've been in. We used to be pretty decent when it came to wars and now we've lost 8 of the last ten and those were gimmes. I'm leaving after this war they refuse to boot high level inactive members. But in trying to figure out how we got mismatched so badly. I'm out 23 and I'm usually stuck attacking in the thirties. I'm assuming it's premature TH upgrades? I'm close to max th 8 and some of the members th10 have similar defences level to me. My base is actually ranked above a couple TH9s. Does the TH factor in to the matchmaking.
    Hey, its interesting you mention this because I am considering opening another Lost Phoenix clan for rushed town hall repair. Then I got to thinking about clan wars?. I believe that if someone has a rushed town hall, although their base will be destroyed quite easily, they SHOULD be matched against villages with lower level attack troops?. Which means they should be able to three star all of the opponents, regardless of how well they defend?

    A clan of ONLY rushed town halls I guess would answer this matchmaking question once and for all!

    Spencer23$

    SEND EVERYONE

    SEND EVERYONE!!!!!
    Level 149 | Town Hall 10
    No Town Hall is safe

    YouTube - FaceBook - Twitter

  9. #29
    Senior Member Sahlsa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    441
    I accept that the matchmaking is not spot on, but our opponent in the current war has so far *** 37 times and ** 8 times, 127 stars out of 135

    The used a lot of 10-dragons attack, so with our not maxed out bases, we lost a lot of stars on that account, but I compared a lot of their bases with the ones in my clan, and for each and everyone one they where one level better for all the defenses.

    We should of course upgrade our defense, but why do we not meet opponents with similar "bad" defenses ?

    Last 5 matches our opponents have scored: 81, 114, 106, 73 and 114, and we have given up before we even start the wars because we can see that we are so far from being similar matched.

  10. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    614
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahlsa View Post
    I accept that the matchmaking is not spot on, but our opponent in the current war has so far *** 37 times and ** 8 times, 127 stars out of 135

    The used a lot of 10-dragons attack, so with our not maxed out bases, we lost a lot of stars on that account, but I compared a lot of their bases with the ones in my clan, and for each and everyone one they where one level better for all the defenses.

    We should of course upgrade our defense, but why do we not meet opponents with similar "bad" defenses ?

    Last 5 matches our opponents have scored: 81, 114, 106, 73 and 114, and we have given up before we even start the wars because we can see that we are so far from being similar matched.
    what's your clan name and shield?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •