Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: A Message To Lava Hound Complainers:

Banned
    My clan just fought reddit troopers. I was attacked by lavaloon 3 times. And i was 1 starred all 3 times.

Reddit troopers have some of the best attackers. Lavaloon is not op, just bases werent made to defend against them yet. Change ur base.

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Franchise View Post
    Hogs were never drop and win. Still had to take out cc and still had to avoid double giant bombs. At least you could make a anti hog base. There is no such thing as an anti lavaloonion base. Does not exist. Also......I have said this before and will say it again. Someone failing with an OP strat does not mean its not OP. It means they failed. Just like people still failed with hogs back when they could 3 star a maxed th10. Saying people fail sometimes so its not OP doesn't hold much water. A noob is a noob is a noob.
    Fine, if you're going to be picky, lure and kill heros and cc, then hogs, few spells and win and repeat. It was very easy. Too easy which is the point.

In the bad old days 'anti hog' bases were still easy to hog. I did it all the time. You can still hog a lot of bases that contain hog proofing elements today despite the nerfs, bomb/hero changes, skellys and the advances in base development. You just need a bit more thought and to bring in other troops. Previously you didn't need any of that. Hence why they were OP.

There are things you can do today to help stop hounds. OP listed some. A good player will get through, but that really is OK. A strat isn't OP just because top players triple with it. To compare hounds today with hogs in the bad old days (a true OP strat) is simply not possible.

And as for failing with an OP strategy. People failing with a strat is perfect evidence that it is not OP. If it's OP any idiot can do it. If its not OP then people fail with it. What better evidence can there be??????

I haven't seen th9 defend against a decent lava attack. decent meaning taking out the AQ, one air def and some cc with your royals .4 hogs to take out the second AD then lava and balloons. th10 are just seeing flames with this strat.if anyone thinks they are not op.he/she hasn't been in clans that have 20+ plus th10 .its all air attacks and lavas from the moment war commences

Quote Originally Posted by Kirky View Post
    Fine, if you're going to be picky, lure and kill heros and cc, then hogs, few spells and win and repeat. It was very easy. Too easy which is the point.

In the bad old days 'anti hog' bases were still easy to hog. I did it all the time. You can still hog a lot of bases that contain hog proofing elements today despite the nerfs, bomb/hero changes, skellys and the advances in base development. You just need a bit more thought and to bring in other troops. Previously you didn't need any of that. Hence why they were OP.

There are things you can do today to help stop hounds. OP listed some. A good player will get through, but that really is OK. A strat isn't OP just because top players triple with it. To compare hounds today with hogs in the bad old days (a true OP strat) is simply not possible.

And as for failing with an OP strategy. People failing with a strat is perfect evidence that it is not OP. If it's OP any idiot can do it. If its not OP then people fail with it. What better evidence can there be??????

We both agree hogs used to be OP. Yet disagree that you can not fail with an op strat. This would mean that you are suggesting that no one EVER failed with hogs back when they were OP? If so, I have linked proof you are wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_V2caDS_-4

Is there still an argument?
    TH: Townhall 10
    Elder: Inglorious
    Trophy Record: 3421
    Gold Grab 864Mil
    IGN: Franchise

Centennial Club

the core of the problem

The real problem is that Baloonian is pretty powerful by itself, and can take out a majority of a base. Than you add the hound and it's just infuriating sometimes lol

Whereas you take away golems from a gowiwi or gowipe and you are left with next to nothing, because air troops should always be weaker due to the fact that they don't have to worry about walls...

Banned
    The definition of "op" is opinionated. Iv seen gowiwi(pe) 3 star even max 10's, as well as hogs post all nerfs. Would u say theyre op?

All bases are weaker to a certain strat. Currently most people havent adapted to defend against hounds so they are overused. I have adapted, and therefore say theyre not op

Just because you have seen something happen doesn't mean it is now the standard. People have seen basketball players hit full court shots. Is that player capable of hitting it 10/10 because he hit it once? NO.

The frequency at which the hound makes it possible to 2 star max th10 and 3 star strong th9 is just TOO DANM HIGH!
    TH: Townhall 10
    Elder: Inglorious
    Trophy Record: 3421
    Gold Grab 864Mil
    IGN: Franchise

So what some of you are saying is, there should be no way whatsoever to ever kill a high th10? Gtoh

Quote Originally Posted by shlomie View Post
    My clan just fought reddit troopers. I was attacked by lavaloon 3 times. And i was 1 starred all 3 times.

Reddit troopers have some of the best attackers. Lavaloon is not op, just bases werent made to defend against them yet. Change ur base.

This............

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Franchise View Post
    We both agree hogs used to be OP. Yet disagree that you can not fail with an op strat. This would mean that you are suggesting that no one EVER failed with hogs back when they were OP? If so, I have linked proof you are wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_V2caDS_-4

Is there still an argument?
    I didn't say you cannot fail with an OP strat. That's clearly a ridiculous position to maintain. People can obviously mess up a raid. But that doesn't mean we can simply declare a strat as OP and put all failures down to noob players, as you seem to be doing.

Laloon requires far more skill than hogs ever did. Because of that higher skill level some players can't do it. The margins of success are much finer. Even very good players will make a mistake and fail. The potential for proficient players to fail is exactly the sort of evidence that must be considered before declaring a strat OP.

I've been doing 3 wars a week since hounds were introduced and I'm yet to see any of these OP laloon attacks in game.

I've seen 3-4 TH10s roasting TH9s and weaker TH10s (I can do that with Gowi## too), and some failures from TH10/9s. I've had it used 3 times on my base (in regular raiding) and given up zero stars. I've had mixed results using it too, some triples and some complete fails.

The attacks are simply not as successful across the board as you get with a true OP strat.
    Last edited by Kirky; January 30th, 2015 at 11:29 AM.