Voters
345. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it's great.

221 64.06%
  • Yes, but it needs some changes.

77 22.32%
  • Maybe, it is okay.

35 10.14%
  • No, I don't like this idea (explain below why)

27 7.83%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Advanced Clanless Search:

Lightbulb Advanced Clanless Search (must read and reply):

Remember to reply to idea especially if you don't like it and explain why.
    If you do like this idea remember to comment, so others can see this thread.

Too Long Didn't Read Version:
    The clanless search, will allow the leader to search for clanless members to recruit.

Introduction:
    This is a better version of my old idea: http://forum.supercell.net/showthrea...Two-Clan-ideas

Anyone can search a clan by using the advanced search and use criteria search to refine it.
    So my idea is that the clan leader can use an advanced search to search for clanless members to recruit.

Currently there aren't many way for a clan leader to recruit for clanless members, which makes it very difficult for a clans to get much members.

Main Idea:
    The criteria search would have several criteria: (It would be Any (or Off for eligible for war) on default)
    League: (choose a league)
    Town Hall: (you can choose a specific town hall or a range)
    Experience: (you can choose the minimum experience level)
    Trophies: (choose the trophy range)
    Must be eligible for war: (On or Off)
    Language: (choose a language)
    Achievement: (choose an achievement, and a minimum number (e.g. 70 million gold grab)).
    Random: (it would randomly choose any clanless members)

When you choose your criteria, the search would look for 20 random clanless players that match the criteria. If the search can’t find any players that matches, then it would display “Cannot find any place, change your search criteria”.

Addition edits to the idea:
    ·EDIT: In the clan chat for the clanless player there would be a button that would say "Would you want to like to be recruited by a clan" and they can toggle 'off' if they don't want to be include in the clanless search or 'on' if they do (it is 'on' on default). If it is 'off' they wouldn't be able to get invited to a clan.
    ·EDIT: A clanless member can also toggle the minimum amount of trophies or experience point a clan leader must have to invite him.
    ·EDIT: A clanless member can also choose the maximum amount of members a clan must have to be able to invite him. They can also choose the clan locations and wars won.
    ·EDIT: There will be a experience level cap on the clanless search, a clan leader can only search for clanless members that are 10 level above the highest level clanmate.
    ·EDIT: Added a language setting on the clanless search.
    ·EDIT: The most active player will have a higher chance being the search, and a player isn't active for one week, he will not be included in the search.
    ·EDIT: Any player without a league badge will not be included in the clanless search, and above 400 trophies.
    ·EDIT: The leader will be able to choose if elders (or co) can use the clanless search.
    ·EDIT: More search criteria, based on acheivements.
    ·EDIT: When a player rebuild the clan castle, they can choose if the default for being searched in the clanless search is on or off.

Advanced Clanless Search evaluation:

Benefit:
    It would allow clan leaders to active search for more members, rather than using passive ways for recruitments. This would mostly benefits smaller clan (below 15 members) who may struggle getting clanmates against the more developed clans.
    It would also allow clan leader to recruitment members that are at their level.
    It is a better recruitment method than using the clan sub-forum.
    Clan leaders don't have to go to global for recruitment.
    Clan leaders would have more incentive to set their clan to invite only, reducing the problems of hoppers.
    Therefore there would be less hopper complaints as clans would not invite anyone into their clan

Cons & Solutions: (please reply, if there's any other cons you can think off)
    Higher level clanless players could get lots of invites from lower level clans.
    Clanless members can choose the minimum trophies/experience, a clan leader might have to recruit them.
    Clanless members may get a lot of invites.
    Any clanless members will not be included in the clanless search if they have 5 invites. (this also reduce inactive members in the clanless search).
    It may be too similar to the player search function, which is ruled out.
    Although this idea is similar, it isn't the same as the player search function.
    Possibly harder to start a clan?
    This idea would help newer clan recruit members.
    Can cause a drought in clanless players.
    Prevent clans with at least 25 members from using the search.

This isn’t the same as the ruled out idea: *Player search function
    But rather this idea allows the clan leader (and co and elders) to search for clanless members. Unlike the ruled out idea which is based on search players by their name, this search would be based on their level.

Thanks for reading my post, and remember to comment on it as well.
    Please reply, even if it's a compliment and you have nothing much to say, and also vote in the poll;
    help others see this thread.
    Last edited by NF2335; April 4th, 2017 at 08:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by NF2335 View Post
    You wasted your time reading this
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveZGE View Post
    No clouds to 4100 enjoy it, after 4300 a few fluffies then at 4500+ get a book to read as you wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by alienwombat View Post
    bad tip! if you lure the cc before the main attack, they can start attacking you pekkas even sooner

This is a better version of my old idea: http://forum.supercell.net/showthrea...Two-Clan-ideas
    Any can search a clan by using the advanced search and use criteria search to refine it.
    So my idea is that the clan leader/co/elder can use an advanced search to search for clanless members to recruit.
    The criteria search would have several criteria: (It would be Any (or Off for eligible for war) on default)
    When you choose your criteria, the search would look for 20 clanless players that match the criteria. If the search can’t find any players that matches, then it would display “Cannot find any place, change your search criteria”.
    But rather this idea allows the clan leader (and co and elders) to search for clanless members. Unlike the ruled out idea which is based on search players by their name, this search would be based on their level.

I dont think this will be to great, yes the idea its self is good but the amount of people in the world that would meet the requirement would be far greater than what Clash will show you, for example with searching for clans it only shows you a set amount of clans that meet those requirements, which is why the Clan tag was added
    Clan: Clanless|Current League: Champions| Record: 3805
    TownHall 9 Level 104|201/250 Lego Walls|BattleBorn Approved Ideas
    Awesome Avatar By FireThief
    My Commercial Idea

Quote Originally Posted by BattleBorn007 View Post
    I dont think this will be to great, yes the idea its self is good but the amount of people in the world that would meet the requirement would be far greater than what Clash will show you, for example with searching for clans it only shows you a set amount of clans that meet those requirements, which is why the Clan tag was added
    The Clanless search would only show a set amount of player (20), and it would a random each time.
    No clouds to 4100 enjoy it, after 4300 a few fluffies then at 4500+ get a book to read as you wait.
    bad tip! if you lure the cc before the main attack, they can start attacking you pekkas even sooner

Thumbs Up Yes!!!

Absolutely! Allow for clans to recruit much more efficiently. Love it.
    --
    Fischer

Higher Ground (#8V8CJVLC)
    www.wearehigherground.com

I could support this idea, but I suggest the addition that the clanless can set themselves to not show up if they aren't looking for clans. This would also be helpful in the current system to those who want to stay clanless, as it could block invites.

Incidentally, has that idea been suggested? I wouldn't be sure how to search it and I'd like to post it if it's new.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye5366 View Post
    I could support this idea, but I suggest the addition that the clanless can set themselves to not show up if they aren't looking for clans. This would also be helpful in the current system to those who want to stay clanless, as it could block invites.

Incidentally, has that idea been suggested? I wouldn't be sure how to search it and I'd like to post it if it's new.
    Thanks for the reply, I'll edit it to include this feature.

Any can search a clan by using the advanced search and use criteria search to refine it.
    So my idea is that the clan leader/co/elder can use an advanced search to search for clanless members to recruit.
    When you choose your criteria, the search would look for 20 random clanless players that match the criteria. If the search can’t find any players that matches, then it would display “Cannot find any place, change your search criteria”.
    EDIT: In the clan chat for the clanless player there would be a button that would say "Would you want to like to be recruited by a clan" and they can toggle 'off' if they don't want to be include in the clanless search or 'on' if they do (it is 'on' on default).

Im glad you are building on this idea, I still dont love it but I can see its getting better.
    Clan: Clanless|Current League: Champions| Record: 3805
    TownHall 9 Level 104|201/250 Lego Walls|BattleBorn Approved Ideas
    Awesome Avatar By FireThief
    My Commercial Idea

Quote Originally Posted by nfischer83 View Post
    Absolutely! Allow for clans to recruit much more efficiently. Love it.
    Thanks for the reply, this will help clan recruitment.

Quote Originally Posted by BattleBorn007 View Post
    Im glad you are building on this idea, I still dont love it but I can see its getting better.
    Thanks for the reply, the idea is improving, but it still has some flaws.
    Last edited by NF2335; January 31st, 2015 at 03:09 PM.

This is a great idea, happy to see you posted a follow up
    Clash of clans: IGN: Tommyx4 Level: 119 Clan: Mayhem Rising, Part of The Rising Family GG: 671M+
    New TH10, just returned to the game. | Start Date: 6/13/13
    The Ruled-out ideas thread l New to the forums? Click here!