Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Free diamond finding ways. (Diamond hunter thread)

Free diamond finding ways. (Diamond hunter thread)

This is not really anything new, and not a secret either.
    Here I'm trying to collect all the different ways of getting free diamonds, most of all from the game, but will also try to mention a few other legal ways to try and get free diamonds outside the game.

The link below, shows SCs list about how to get free diamonds.
    https://supercell.helpshift.com/a/ha...i-get-diamonds

It can also be found in the game, under Settings - Help and Support - Resources

This thread is much more about how to actually get those free diamonds, all collected in one thread, to try and make things fast and easy for all to find.
    The numbers are taken from the link above.

1. Finding and opening red tool boxes in farms and treasure chests in the town.

A simple way to find a unlocked toolbox is, choosing a farm in the friendsbar (or follower or...) find and tap the toolbox. If it's locked, tap farm on friendsbar again, and tap toolbox again. Some take a few tries some many, but one will be unlocked with a little patience.
    The diamonds are rare, but this can give other items to.
    I think it's easiest to visit a not to high level farm, because the toolbox is often easiest to find there.

The treasure chests in towns is pretty much the same way.
    Take your personal train to a neighbours platform and tap the chest in the water.
    If it's locked, tap train in lower left corner to go home, and then take train back to neighbours platform and try again. If you try enough times, you will end up tapping on an open chest. ,

With both - If it's locked, dont close the "locked" window with the (X), and avoid opening with diamonds.

Here's more about how they seem to work.
    http://forum.supercell.net/showthrea...ight=Toolboxes

At the moment, there's a thread about some loosing diamonds in the town. Have never happened to me though (at lest not that I've noticed) http://forum.supercell.net/showthrea...amond-loss-bug

Lately, I haven't been getting that much diamonds from either, but nothing should have been changed, as it's mentioned here by Nick. And if they don't give diamonds, they will give something else instead.
    I'm not really hunting the diamonds anymore, I'm more trying to make the diamond loss to happen.

4. Diamonds from the mine.

Not a method I've used for getting diamonds, I just get one diamond sometimes from the mine. Other players have a lot more experience in getting diamonds from the mine. Here's a few to check out.

http://forum.supercell.net/showthrea...ls-Or-Pickaxes

http://forum.supercell.net/showthrea...diamonds-ratio

http://forum.supercell.net/showthrea...Diamonds/page5

http://forum.supercell.net/showthrea...9233-Using-Tom

http://forum.supercell.net/showthrea...-use-him/page3

The diamondoutput from the mine is lower now, than earlier from what I've read, so hoping that some of the members, who get diamonds from the mine actively, will share their experiences here. It looks like it depend a lot about, what miningtool is best to use, and about good ways of getting the miningtools needed.
    As far as I know, using Tom for the tools, is not as good as earlier, so I would think trying to trade for the needed tools would maybe be better.
    Personally, I get all miningtools from the game, and get in general more than I use. Maybe it's because I right now have, 8 dynamite, 9 tnt, 55 shovels and 48 pickaxes in my barn.

6. Catching fish for the fishingbook.

In my opinion, the best way is using the fishingthread here. http://forum.supercell.net/showthrea...-fishing-going

I've used it a lot myself, and it works for me. So it's a great amount of work, that have been put in that thread.

What I'm trying out with this thread, is sort of making a diamondhunting version of the fishingthread.

Catching fish for the fishingbook and several of the other ways to get free diamonds ,is what I call "just playing the game".

There's also the movietickets in front of the DD mailbox. First movie give 1 diamond, next movies give something to if not a diamond.
    I think, I've had a few days with 2 and maybe even 3 diamonds. Such days are very rare though. Not much, but everything counts to many players.
    There's been much talking/complaining about some not getting them at all. It's really strange in my opinion, if not all players are getting them. In my view, they are advertising in the game for other games, and normally advertising isn't free, but I have no idea about how the movies in the game are set up.
    Hope this will not be used as a place to complain about them, if there's still players not getting them.

Outside the game, there's sometimes some different contest, where a nice amount of diamonds can be won with enough luck. I haven't participated in any of them myself, so other players than me must know much better about them than me, and if they are only being done on SCs Fb now, and if they are more rare now than earlier.

http://forum.supercell.net/forumdisplay.php/27-Contests

https://www.facebook.com/HayDayOffic...=page_internal

http://forum.supercell.net/showthrea...-December-2014

I think all the ways should be covered now, so happy diamondhunting!!
    Last edited by Thobi; February 26th, 2015 at 07:13 PM.
    GC Mathias Larsen 1234 Level 138 Town rep 44 KIK Thobi2680
    130/132 Achievements, 129/129 Fish, Barn 6.850 Silo 5.000

Millennial Club
    First of all thanks for this great compilation. I have one question about the mystery boxes and floating chests in our farms and towns. Since we know if those boxes don't open at the first time, they will be locked forever. But I got an impression that there is a cool off time or something similar for opening the boxes in our farms/towns. Because if I let a locked mystery chest root there for a long time, let's say 24 hours, the next one usually appears right after when I cancel the locked one; and it always (?) opens. Also after I open the mystery box, if I let the next one root for 24h, that one also opens. Same thing works in the town as well. Did anyone found something similar to this?
    Maybe we can try to figure out the cool off time for opening untouched 'home' boxes, and compare it to the results of the non-stop trying for 'home' boxes.

For 'away' mystery chests I am using a (very) progressive method. First I find a farm from DD. The things that I am looking for here is that the farm is lower than level 22 and has cleared all the native trees and bushes, 'cause at level 22 farm expansions become available and sub level 22 farm means less area to cover for chest. My first targets on DD are level 16 farms who have used the help of tom trial to clear farm land. When I find I follow that farm. I combine wheating (2m growth time), DD (2min refresh time) & mystery chest hunt. Here are the steps of my method:
    1. Harvest/replant wheat.
    2. Open barn to see how much free space you have for shopping. 10+ free space is always advised.
    3. If I don't have enough free space sell something in my RSS.
    4. Open DD and quickly cover all pages for interesting ads. If I see BEMs/SEMs/Tools I buy upon sight. I also buy any raw ingredient premiums and the premiums that I don't have over stock of. When I check DD I don't look into the ads for hidden items.
    5. After I check the DD I check the silo space for the next harverst.
    6. If I don't have enough silo space, I sell some wheat. I don't usually fill my RSS with wheat. I only aim for enough free space, and that is 2 times the number of my wheating fields. So if I have silo capacity of 3200 and 100 fields, my silo should not be filled with more than 3000 pieaces of crops/fruits, so that I have at least 200 free silo space.
    7. After I finish opening silo space, I locate that farm I have followed on my friends bar and consequtively try to open the mystery box on that farm.
    8. And lastly when the wheat is ripe I go back to my farm and repeat the process from the start.

On average I usually open about 8 boxes on every 10 rounds. I can retry the mystery chest about every 5 seconds. So If I have 90 seconds left for the chest opening, I can do about 15 retries for the chest before the wheat is ripe.

I keep toolboxes and treasure chests simple. Most are locked some are unlocked. The fast way to find the unlocked is trying many. The more we try, the higher the odds will be to tap an unlocked one. The more that's opened, the better the odds will be, to get one with diamonds. I have right now 1.163 all free diamonds, and have never bought any, but have used plenty.

I can do a fast test from now, and make a new post with the result.

9 tries on chest, result 1 axes.
    3 tries on chest, result 1 dynamite
    56 tries on chest, result 1 saw
    27 tries on chest, result 1 dynamite
    6 tries on chest, result 1 shovel
    11 tries on chest, result blue voucher

Right now, I don't seem to find any toolboxes. It's not normal and have no idea why.

Did a few other things in the time to btw.
    Last edited by Thobi; January 28th, 2015 at 09:01 PM.

Thobi, great compilation. You left out acheivements so you might want to edit that in.

On second review, I noticed that i only see #'s 1, 4 & 6 so maybe there's a problem with my browser?
    Last edited by Neen; January 28th, 2015 at 09:12 PM.

Now I got a single toolbox. 7 tries gave 1 screw.

Neen, I left out the normal playing ways from the list in link on top, and from the games list.

2. Levelling up.
    3. Achievements
    5. Some events
    7. Sometimes mystery package
    8. Sometimes mystery nets
    9. Sometimes Alfred leave a package on doorstep.

When I tap links on my iPad, it opens up in a new safari.

And now I'm off to get some sleep.
    Last edited by Thobi; January 28th, 2015 at 09:34 PM.

So those 1,163 free diamonds you have include the ones from movie tickets? Most people don't get movie tickets, so likely won't get that many free diamonds, at least not easily.

There's one more way to get free diamonds: pop Tom's balloon.

When he offers you a discount (either randomly, or when you hire him and your time expires), he'll be holding a yellow balloon. When he lets it go, tap it, and it will pop and give you a gift. Sometimes the gift is 1 diamond.

You can tell when he's about to let the balloon go because the string underneath his hand gets shorter and shorter. When it's gone, he lets the balloon go.

If you hire him, he will let the balloon go immediately.
    Level 196

Thanks Thobi, and btw, you do deserve that title

calm you shall keep and carry on you must

😉

Great compilation, thanks Thobi!!

Quote Originally Posted by myso View Post
    First of all thanks for this great compilation. I have one question about the mystery boxes and floating chests in our farms and towns. Since we know if those boxes don't open at the first time, they will be locked forever. But I got an impression that there is a cool off time or something similar for opening the boxes in our farms/towns. Because if I let a locked mystery chest root there for a long time, let's say 24 hours, the next one usually appears right after when I cancel the locked one; and it always (?) opens. Also after I open the mystery box, if I let the next one root for 24h, that one also opens. Same thing works in the town as well. Did anyone found something similar to this?
    Maybe we can try to figure out the cool off time for opening untouched 'home' boxes, and compare it to the results of the non-stop trying for 'home' boxes.
    I'm with myso, I also think that time does matter to find an unlocked box. I'm now explaining well, but here's an example: the first time I open my farm in the morning (after long hour offline), both chest on my farm, my neighbor's farm (and probably my town) are never locked.
    Welcome to the forum *Meow* ! Official Support : Choose your game and your language.

All the great ones were a student once. Learning is quicker with better guiding. Report abuse/spam on forum.

#ChickenHunter :: Hay Day Lv 130♩♬ :: Defenseless TH10 :: Rushed TH12

Quote Originally Posted by Janilee View Post
    So those 1,163 free diamonds you have include the ones from movie tickets? Most people don't get movie tickets, so likely won't get that many free diamonds, at least not easily.

There's one more way to get free diamonds: pop Tom's balloon.

When he offers you a discount (either randomly, or when you hire him and your time expires), he'll be holding a yellow balloon. When he lets it go, tap it, and it will pop and give you a gift. Sometimes the gift is 1 diamond.

You can tell when he's about to let the balloon go because the string underneath his hand gets shorter and shorter. When it's gone, he lets the balloon go.

If you hire him, he will let the balloon go immediately.
    That little goof always gives me a market stake in that balloon. Always!

GC: Tiggerr Two #2RQR90QG | Lvl: 131​ | NH:dis FUNtional
    Turbo Trucker Help and Guide | HD Guide Book- | New People Tips
    Main Topic guide

Thanks to Red (again) for the picture !!