Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Troop creation bug

Centennial Club
    I appreciate your honesty but don't like your answer.

If I know I am logging off for the night and do not have a shield I sometimes queue extra so that there may still be enough left after I get attacked. Not a huge deal, but a bit of an annoyance.

He who has not yet claimed his title dahimi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rauta View Post
    We were now able to reproduce it and it is in fact a bug. It's also a bit though one to fix and not too severe, so I don't think it's going to be fixed soon.

You can prevent this from happening by not going over the "troop capacity after training" counter. Make sure that each unit you queue has a space available in the camps.
    Can you give us the exact details of the bug? Does it build them in the order queued? Does it build them using the smallest barracks to the largest? Basically is there some way that I can queue the troops without precisely matching the number that will fit such that the troops will be produced in the order I want?

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by dahimi View Post
    Can you give us the exact details of the bug? Does it build them in the order queued? Does it build them using the smallest barracks to the largest? Basically is there some way that I can queue the troops without precisely matching the number that will fit such that the troops will be produced in the order I want?
    In my experience it was always my highest level barracks making archers clearing out first but I never tried switching which barracks made the archers to see if it was related to troop type or specific barracks.

It is very annoying when the "troop capacity after building" info on the barracks and the Info tab on the camps give conflicting information. Is this going to be patched with the next update?

Actually this bug is a lot worse.

It doesn't just build them in the wrong order, it also builds them in the wrong quantity.

Right now I'm upgrading a barracks, so I have 3 and they are wizard level so they hold 50 troops. I have 4 camps all at level 6 so they will hold 200 troops.

I queued 50 archers in the first barracks, 50 goblins in the second, and 50 archers in the third. For those keeping score, that's 100 archers and 50 goblins. I then left it and came back after they were all built. What did I end up with?

107 archers and 53 goblins for a total of 160 troops.

Yes, before you ask, the camps were empty when I started.

I had actually noticed this before when building different kinds of troops. Like when I have 4 barracks I'll queue 2 giants in each and 2 wallbreakers in each and then alternate goblins and archers. Many times I would end up with 9 to 10 giants or 9 to 10 wallbreakers. At the time I attributed it to me not keeping count correctly or maybe miss tapping in a barracks, even though I was pretty certain I was queuing correctly.
    Last edited by dahimi; September 28th, 2012 at 05:08 PM.

Actually this bug is a lot worse.

It doesn't just build them in the wrong order, it also builds them in the wrong quantity.

Right now I'm upgrading a barracks, so I have 3 and they are wizard level so they hold 50 troops. I have 4 camps all at level 6 so they will hold 200 troops.

I queued 50 archers in the first barracks, 50 goblins in the second, and 50 archers in the third. For those keeping score, that's 100 archers and 50 goblins. I then left it and came back after they were all built. What did I end up with?

107 archers and 53 goblins for a total of 160 troops.

Yes, before you ask, the camps were empty when I started.

I had actually noticed this before when building different kinds of troops. Like when I have 4 barracks I'll queue 2 giants in each and 2 wallbreakers in each and then alternate goblins and archers. Many times I would end up with 9 to 10 giants or 9 to 10 wallbreakers. At the time I attributed it to me not keeping count correctly or maybe miss tapping in a barracks, even though I was pretty certain I was queuing correctly.
    now that is weird
    IGN: Sneaky-Dave - Level 22X

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakydave View Post
    now that is weird
    Try it. See if you get similar results. I believe you cannot be online when doing it. I think the troop builds occur correctly if you're watching.
    Last edited by dahimi; September 28th, 2012 at 05:39 PM.

Centennial Club
    I had noticed similar results but never tested it, I just thought I was being absent-minded and that there must have been a few scattered troops already in my camps.

Banned
    Try it. See if you get similar results. I believe you cannot be online when doing it. I think the troop builds occur correctly if you're watching.
    If you arn't online, you can't add units to the queue!

You have saved my sanity! Lol

I build an army to a specific makeup and number of troop types.
    I keep logging on and finding some really odd troop numbers, which i havent set up. I only set in action the building of 185 troop slots which i have room for.