Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Cogwheel - TH 9 and 10 High DE Protection Farm Base

The Cogwheel - TH 9 and 10 High DE Protection Farm Base

Available For TH 9 and TH 8 and now TH 10!

The Cogwheel

This is an alternative version of the original and very successful Cogwheel base by moonsabre. Most of the credit goes to him for the incredible base and its ideology. Although the original base did great at protecting my resource, I needed a base with a high priority in protecting my most valuable resource, my Dark Elixir. Thus, I've remodeled the original base to fortify my Dark Elixir as the greatest priority, and at the same time conserve most of the properties of the original design. After weeks of testing and tweaking, I can comfortably say that it's ready to be shared. So if you're looking for a base with great DE protection or want to try out another form of the Coghweel, give this base a go!

Follow me on Twitter for the latest updates to my projects and guides, as well as news on the latest forum content! https://twitter.com/ashclashofclans

Building The Cogwheel DE for TH9

Walls and Traps Only: http://i.imgur.com/hilQfYD.png

Concepts and Features:

Intimidation - High Rate of Snipers
    • The purpose of any farming base is to obtain a 12 hour shield by having the attacker destroy your Town Hall on the outside of your base. That is the number one priority of any great farming base. A good indication of how great a farming base is not how well it defends against big attacks (not saying that this base doesn't), but the best indication of how great it is is by how often your attackers just attack your Town Hall. Because of course, the purpose of your farming base is not to have attackers attack your resource or activate your traps (as that increases the chances of you losing a lot of resource), but attack your Town Hall instead. And this base does an excellent job at that with its large frame, limited spawn-able areas, and a surplus of latent traps and bluffs.
    • How the base looks to an attacker:

- Red line indicates the restricted area for spawning troops
    - Blue circles represent all the possible locations of Teslas and Giant Bombs
    - Violet circles represent all the possible locations of Spring Traps and Bombs
    - Decorations are added to the base to increase the intimidation factor. Along with flower beds surrounding the Town Hall for proof that the Town Hall is not trapped with Hidden Teslas. And a White Flag next to the Town Hall, which usually represents a peaceful surrender (that I will not revenge you).

Funneling

• How Giants, Hog Riders, and Balloons are funneled and disposed of and kept away from entering your core:

• Open-Ring Funneling System - The 2nd compartment of the core area features high HP structures encircling and shielding the inner core. There are no walls segregating any of the buildings in this compartment. This prevents Heroes, Pekkas, horde of Barch army, etc, from entering the inner core (embodying the Dark Elixir) as they are funneled along the encircling compartment of high HP structures and as they get shot down by the Xbows and Teslas. That is, if they make it to the 2nd compartment.

• Tesla-Storage Defense Combo - This is one of my favorite defensive combinations. Basically, I have a Teslas surrounded by 2 very high HP structures (in this case, the Gold and Elixir Storages) acting as shield and protection for my Teslas as it shoots off the attacking troops one by one as they attack the storages instead. Each storage has 2000 HP, so the Tesla is going to do a lot of damage before the attacker gets a shot at it.

Placement of Traps

• Double Giant Bombs - Placed in-between a Mortar and Air Defense, funneling Hogs and Giants for a quick death.
    • Spring Traps - All spring traps are well placed to catch multiple Giants and Hog Riders (often kills 3 running along the path).
    • Seeking Air Mines - Placed alongside the outer sections of the base alongside the Air Defenses in the direction of the funneled Giants for an effective counter to Giant/Healer attacks.
    • Air Bombs - Placed more along the inner core and along storages for effective removal of Minions after a Balloon attack, so to not allow Balloons to easily trigger them.

Placement of Defensive Units:
    • Clan Castle - Unlurable Clan Castle from most common attacks.

Heroes: The Archer Queen and The Barbarian King - If you have either of these guys active for defense, then you may switch them with your Dark Elixir Drills. They should strengthen your base more against attackers and provide you with better DE protection:

--------------

Version 2 - Stronger Interior, Weaker Exterior

Town Hall 8 Version (assume all buildings are of TH 8 level)

Speed Build of TH 8 Version:

<font size="5"><font size="4">

Here's my TH 10 version of the farming base:

Second core compartment is filled with Air Defenses, which kills the anti-funneling system, but as a TH 10 with multi-infernos you don't need to worry about mass hogs or giants. The Air Defenses are better placed for anti-lavaloonion and the defenses in the open 2nd compartment funnels Golems around the core. Air Defenses also have high HP with the high HP storages, so the 2nd compartment is full of high HP structures to protect core and the core defenses to take advantage of that. All core defenses protect Air Defenses. Very high DE protection and unlurable Clan Castle.

----------------------

My Defense Log of Last 10 days:
    http://forum.supercell.net/showthrea...=1#post3671161

Video Defense Replays:

Playlist link: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...T2DD2w4ic7sD54

TH 9 Cogwheel DE V1 Replays:

TH 9 Cogwheel DE V2 Replays:

TH 8 Cogwheel DE Replays:

10 day Defense Logs (with 2500+ DE in defense every raid):

Here are my defense logs of the last 10 days with my base. I have always had at least 2500 DE available for attackers in every raid!

Stats:

Total Number of Attacks in the Last 10 days = 24
    Maximum Possible DE Available to be Stolen in the last 10 days = 2500*24 = About 60,000 DE
    Total Dark Elixir Lost in the last 10 days = 4,860 DE

Percent Dark Elixir Lost Versus Available in last 10 days = 4,860/60,000 = 8.1%
    Last edited by Eternal625; November 5th, 2015 at 12:03 AM.
    Ash - Clash of Clans & Clash Royale - YouTube
    (Stategy, Tutorials, Guides, Gameplay)

Twitter | Facebook | My Forum Guides

Critiques and Suggestions:

Quote Originally Posted by moonsabre View Post
    A big thumbs up from me. I kept moving away from the original design as my DE would rack up above 40K to a 3x3 core, however, your v2 is one I definitely like as a good compromise especially as you move up in trophy levels offering the easy 50%. Very well thought out as a huge improvement to protect the DE from my original DE leaking design!
    ----------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Avernicus View Post
    Really neat base. Recently i've been liking this kind of ultra large bases; reason being- time and effort needed to clear the base. With the huge base and multiple 2x2 spots capable of concealing gbombs and teslas, it isn't surprising that theres a high rate of snipers.

But as with all anti-hog bases, they are weak to loonian/lavaloonian. Imo, switching the 2 archer towers in the core for ADs would be a safer bet for your version 2 and make the overall base stronger against air attacks. Other than that, a really good job! I'm sure moonsaber would be proud of this! ahah!

Cheers!

-A
    ----------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by PlanB View Post
    First of great base man

I have a suggestion
    If you take the two walls that are red circled and make the wall I've marked red one tile longer then you have 2 dgb spots (the blue squares) more and it's harder to hog. http://i.imgur.com/KwL1dDE.jpg
    Great suggestion! That is another thing you can do to improve the base against Hog attack. The reason I've those 2 walls over the Teslas there is for protection against Archers. Those walls prevent Archers from targeting the Teslas, and instead attack the Gold/Elixir Storage as they get shot down by the Teslas.
    Last edited by Eternal625; January 11th, 2015 at 08:38 PM.

First (even if the base thresd isn't finished )

Looks awesome, will post my pros/cons list later

(btw Shad, more Lavas than you )

ー・リャン・ー

Current Anime|http://myanimelist.net/animelist/EliteBanana

Okay, you guys may make comments/reviews now. Will add more information later on why the defensive units are placed where they are, along with video replays of attacks, etc.

Also, made another version of this base with a stronger core, but weaker exterior. It hasn't been tested much yet:

Last edited by Eternal625; January 8th, 2015 at 10:37 PM.

Banned
    First! I've used the other base by MoonSabre and it's very great, been losing about 5k de in 8 raid which is bad so I'm gonna use this high protection of de storage

Fresh Spawn
    Looks awesome. Any logs of a real attack yet? Also I suggest to put TH9 in the title.

Great base ash. I will definetly be using it when I'm a th9 but you forgot to mention where to put heroes if your not constantly upgrading them.

Quote Originally Posted by Shmolies View Post
    Looks awesome. Any logs of a real attack yet? Also I suggest to put TH9 in the title.
    Okay, but I'm planning on creating a TH 10 version of this base once I'm TH 10 (in 6 days). And possibly a TH 8 version as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ninjalemur View Post
    Great base ash. I will definetly be using it when I'm a th9 but you forgot to mention where to put heroes if your not constantly upgrading them.
    Oh right! Forgot, thanks for reminding me. Will add that now.

Last edited by Eternal625; January 8th, 2015 at 10:47 PM.

I have great respect for you, in base designing and farming, good job with those lava's and nice de farming alternative

Quote Originally Posted by TheShadow626 View Post
    I have great respect for you, in base designing and farming, good job with those lava's and nice de farming alternative
    Thanks mate! Really appreciate it.