Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The Definitive TH7/8 Dragon Guide For Clan Wars

Thanks For the guide

I have a young clan. I will be passing this on to my members. I will also be tweeking my own base. I learned a lot Thank you

Fresh Spawn

Awesome Guide

Thank you Chris for posting this reply. I have a question though. Have you looked into how the new Air Sweeper could affect these strategies?

Quote Originally Posted by swickster View Post
    Thank you Chris for posting this reply. I have a question though. Have you looked into how the new Air Sweeper could affect these strategies?

Sorry for the late reply, I've been out of the game for a while but we're getting back into the swing of things now.

The core ideas detailed in this guide are still completely relevant regardless of the sweeper, as well as the new dark spell update that just recently came out. Th7's are still easily beaten by level1 dragons and mid Th8's are still blown away by a strong level3 dragon attack. You will still want to use either all lightning or a rage/heal combo when attacking, and in the manner described in this guide.

On the other hand, I have found that a well-placed sweeper can make taking out a maxed TH8 very difficult with dragons. This should be the case in a well-balanced game, since I don't feel as though one army should be able to knock out every type of base (as was the case before the sweeper). However, the new poison spell does aid the dragon attack, due to the fact that mass cc archers and cc witches were able to slow dragons down for long enough to let ADs get some devastating damage in. On that note, cc dragons are likely the best troop to donate now.

I plan on updating the guide over the next couple of months after I record some new videos.. but my guess is that the base-analysis section will need the most updating, where as the other sections will remain essentially the same.

-- Chris
    Last edited by MetxChris; September 7th, 2015 at 01:56 AM.
    Clan Fusenetic #8YY20JVU
    Fusenetic Recruitment Thread: http://bit.ly/JoinFusenetic
    Fusenetic Youtube Videos: Link
    The Definitive TH7/8 Dragon Guide For Clan Wars

The sweeper effect

Quote Originally Posted by MetxChris View Post
    On the other hand, I have found that a well-placed sweeper can make taking out a maxed TH8 very difficult with dragons. This should be the case in a well-balanced game, since I don't feel as though one army should be able to knock out every type of base (as was the case before the sweeper). However, the new poison spell does aid the dragon attack, due to the fact that mass cc archers and cc witches were able to slow dragons down for long enough to let ADs get some devastating damage in. On that note, cc dragons are likely the best troop to donate now.

I plan on updating the guide over the next couple of months after I record some new videos.. but my guess is that the base-analysis section will need the most updating, where as the other sections will remain essentially the same.

-- Chris
    I agree that sweeper are changing how dragons attack. I find that they can server two purpose: protect a weak spot against loons or dragons and act as a funnel. Often people will attack on the other side of the sweeper, therefore you can plan your defenses accordingly to punish all dragons attack.

Best troop inside a CC since the poison spell arrived is tricky, but beside dragons, we suggest anything with lots of hit points: dragons, golems, loons, giants, etc.

Good guide, I hope you don't mind that I'll add a link to it inside clancoach.com, will you update to account for sweeper soon?

---

Manage your wars better, go to clancoach.com