-Testers ranges
    -Showcase
    -Design Features and Mechanics
    -Pros and Cons
    -Defense Logs
    -Thanks

Testimonials

"Very impressive base! Simple and yet effective" -Avernicus

“Omg, that's so good >.> Don't think there's anything wrong except the north and south mortars are exposed. Really good job man! Thumbs up” –DokuganR

"Great Base. Highly compartmentalized and overall solid" -TheJ

Nice to see a successful defense vs. TH9 with l6 giants” –Innes1203

“I really like the base” -TyeClash

“I'm honestly more than impressed with the performance of the base. He was very experienced in raiding from what I could tell because his placement of spells was so precise that had he not placed them correctly he wouldn't have even made it into the core. Even though he cleared the core and took the dark elixir storage, the rest of the defenses made short work of whatever was left after the spells had worn off. Had all of my mortars been online I don't think the outcome would have been the same. I'm definitely impressed with the trap placement in this base and the positioning of the splash damage. The WT and Tesla coverage eats up barbs and archers.” – DayOfJudgement

“For the first time in 4 months my wife had ♥♥♥ with me. It’s because of this base design.” -Wishbone

"Whoa, that base is...... EPIC!" - UltraDragonMaster

Introduction

The Nerd is named after StimmedNerd who was the inspiration of this base design. Having discussed multiple issues with the current TH8 base layouts being displayed he helped lay the foundation for this base. Instructing me repeatedly that oblong mortar structure doesn’t mean the apocalypse and that WT and tesla damage as you get further along in TH8 prove more beneficial than mortar damage, he convinced me that square mortar placement could be a hindrance rather than a necessity. The oblong mortar placement allows for superior WT, tesla, funneling, and trap placement.

After a few months of testing, and the upcoming TH9 upgrade for me, I’ve decided to share this base design with you all. Primarily thanks to DokuganR (from whom I stole this posting template from), who has been bugging the hell out of me to post my base and logs on these forums.

The Nerd features a path that leads around the outer perimeter of the base while utilizing spring traps and random 3x2 spaces that allow you to customize where you place your giant bombs. Centralized tesla placement and two mortars in the core allow maximum DE protection. Also offers pentagon point defenses where you will always have cannon->archer tower->cannon->archer tower etc etc.

Testers Ranges

This base has been tested from G3 all the way to C1 (where I consistently farm). One of the testers just pushed into masters and has been sniped six times, and 2* once -- has yet to be 3*.

Showcase

Farming Base

Speed Build

** Updated for Air Sweeper **

****If you want better exterior funneling for giants at the small cost of a somewhat more mediocre point defense, use this.****

If you find yourself getting hogged, this might help.

What it looks like to the enemy

Just with walls and traps

Switch DE with CC for better CC placement at the cost of DE protection

Wizard Tower Coverage (Please ignore some defense placements)

Tesla Coverage (Please ignore some defense placements)

Giant Pathing, two situations

War Base

**Please note that the core has been expanded and buildings have been rearranged to counter hogs/loons from hitting one AT easily**

I typically get 1*, rarely get 2*, hardly ever get 3* -- even from TH9 mass drag with 4 spells, aq, bk.

If you want to better protect your mortars **UNTESTED**

Design Features and Mechanics
    The Nerd is a typical TH8 layout that focuses on creating maximum splash damage around all storages while utilizing an oblong mortar design that is designed to keep those pesky TH9’s who reach the core from reaching the other side of it. It is designed to direct giants around the exterior from almost every angle, and to zap them with splash damage as their AI keeps them away from most of the splash damage inducing defenses we have.

Pros

• Look – Symmetrical with multiple areas for bombs/teslas to the incoming enemy. Also has two outer layers before the core.
    • Ultimate Storage Protection – Each storage is in a compartment of its own to prolong the attacker from reaching multiple storages with ease
    • DE – Completely surrounded by WT, Tesla, giant bomb, and at least one mortar at all times
    • WT Placement – Covers every storage
    • Skeleton Traps - Placed to delay attackers who reach the core while splash damage rains upon them
    • Air Bombs/SAMs – Placed both along exterior and interior in farming base, all placed along the interior of the war base.
    • Air defenses – triangulated in the second layer
    • Pathing – Giant path hits multiple spring traps and rarely reach the second layer
    • Walls – Staggered so it’s extremely difficult for wallbreakers to break into multiple compartments

Cons

• Hogs (now nerfed) are easy versus this base since there are no double giant bombs.
    • War base is easily 1*, significantly harder to reach the core for a 2*.

Defense Logs

Farming Base

Red writing is what I was upgrading at the time

A big, big thanks to the following people!

-stimmedNerd: Thanks for the foundation and for always being down to talk via PM
    -DokuganR: Thanks for pushing me to publish this. Even though you offered little-to-no-help with criticisms with this base, I still love you buddy
    -TyeClash : Thanks for figuring out that the expanded core allowed this base to have a viable war base attached to it
    -Kingnutz: For posting a ton of defense logs
    -DayOfJudgement: For the brief time you tested this base you posted some really great food-for-thought insights
    Last edited by mungoflago; July 15th, 2015 at 06:00 PM.

Max TH11 | Level: 194 | 100 Stones 198 Magmas | BK: 45 | AQ: 45 | GW: 20 | 2bil GG & 2bil EE | 10.9m HH | 936 Stars
    Upgrading: Nothing
    Currently 14th highest war wins in the US and are now recruiting adult 8.5+ members! PM me for details

Millennial Club
    Hybrid version of base with alternate trap/bomb placement. You can manipulate these as you see fit.

Last edited by mungoflago; February 7th, 2015 at 11:07 PM.

Max TH11 | Level: 194 | 100 Stones 198 Magmas | BK: 45 | AQ: 45 | GW: 20 | 2bil GG & 2bil EE | 10.9m HH | 936 Stars
    Currently 14th highest war wins in the US and are now recruiting adult 8.5+ members! PM me for details

Millennial Club
    Reserved for more war logs, I never bothered screenshotting them and my clan is currently on a break from wars.

Last edited by mungoflago; February 2nd, 2015 at 08:30 PM.

First.

Great base. Highly compartmentilised and overall solid.

Retired Clash of Clans Base Designer | TH9 Base Design Compilation
    Clash Royale: 4000+ Cups (Retired) | Brawl Stars: 5000 Trophies, 16 Brawlers

Quote Originally Posted by TheJ View Post
    First.

Great base. Highly compartmentilised and overall solid.
    ^^^^ thias

Ah, glad to see you finally post your base. I was really enjoying testing it out for you, and absolutely still believe it's one of the better bases I've used thus far. I apologize for not providing further logs for you, but I'm glad to see that the base has finally come to it's own thread. Good work on the base, and the format for the post.
    IGN: DayOfJudgement
    Clan: P.O.D WAR

Besides for the base's spine cringing name (sorry I had to) the base is EPIC! I do think that there's a little too much traps in the funnels, maybe move them to another compartments?

Banned
    5th... finally i am on the first page!!!
    nice base, a lot of logs.. nice job!

will use the war base for my second acct
    Last edited by Eric87; January 5th, 2015 at 10:40 PM.

Omg this is awesome! great job man and nice post! will look it over better when I get the chance, little bit rushed Rn.

“For the first time in 4 months my wife had ♥♥♥ with me. It’s because of this base design.” -Wishbone

^This had me rofling hard

ー・リャン・ー

Current Anime|http://myanimelist.net/animelist/EliteBanana

Forum Superstar
    Quote Originally Posted by mungoflago View Post
    “Omg, that's so good >.> Don't think there's anything wrong except the north and south mortars are exposed. Really good job man! Thumbs up” –DokuganRyu
    *DokuganR

Quote Originally Posted by mungoflago View Post
    -DokuganR: Thanks for pushing me to publish this. Even though you offered little-to-no-help with criticisms with this base, I still love you buddy
    You make me sound bad I didn't have anything to add to the design, it seamed good the way it already was. Glad to see you finally published it though And it seems a lot of people are using my base design template and signature nowadays...
    Retired