Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NH Leader Discussion Group

NH Leader Discussion Group

Hi! I wonder if some leaders of "successful" neighborhoods would be willing to join a discussion group here to share best practices, and what works/ doesn't work in a great NH. Maybe we can work together to improve our neighborhoods?

We have some what we consider best practices that we have developed. As our nh is relatively stable now, we are looking to see what others have implemented.

Our goal is to provide a friendly and supportive place for neighbors to chat and trade, a spot to meet with friends. We know many NHs have other goals, and whatever practices work in a NH are aimed at achieving their specific goals. Maybe we should start by listing our goals, then our practices.

To start this discussion off, I will share some of our practices that work for us:
    * "No pressure" NH with minimal requirements for our members. "Come as you are" is our policy, though we do have and enforce guidelines, such as no raiding, for our membership.
    * Strong Leader Team (LT) with known responsibilities
    * External discussion forum (we use Line) for LT and another for all NH members
    * Some of our LT folks have sizeable barns and are able to store EMs for the NH, and many members contribute EMs to the NH.
    * Barn expansion rotation list that we maintain so that all members get regular expansions. We had a Silo expansion list as well, but no longer have the need to maintain this.

Hope to hear some of your perspectives and practices!
    Best,
    Barb
    Level 100, achievements 108/108, no more counting GC: bqbowers01
    HD NH: Happiness Spot

SCORCHED EARTH SURVIVOR 15Jun2016

GC: Madeleine Akaino KIK: madeleineakaino
    Farm Level 107 & Town Level 34, NH: Its Jennys Hood

Looking for something i havent yet seen

Quote Originally Posted by MadeleineAkaino View Post
    Ty, Madeleine. I remember this thread! It addressees ettiquette more than the management of a neighborhood, i think. I am looking for a different thrust, and hope for responses in the vein i am seeking. Maybe i did not express it well. Let me try again and ask more directly.

I would like to form a community. I am proposing that we start a discussion group among leaders of NHs, including elders and co-leaders as they see fit, for the purpose of improving our NHs. Know this may take some time to jell. And know we have many different aims and therefore many different approaches.

i would like to hear from other leaders who are willing to share their approaches and their goals as i have begun to share ours. Think we can learn from one another by offering and considering different perspectives and progress.

If there are other NH leaders who think this way, who feel the time is right in this new year to open up, I am hopeful we can start to talk together. Don't know how to start the ball rolling other than to ask here.

Nh leader

I would love to discuss our hood approach and also hear about your barn expansion rotation list.

My my line name is limegreenlissy

Her is a rundown of the BEM rot lis

Quote Originally Posted by LimeGreenLissy View Post
    I would love to discuss our hood approach and also hear about your barn expansion rotation list.
    Hi Lime! Nice to hear from you! For the time being I wll keep our convo here so others may benefit, ok?

Our Barn rotation list is kept by groupings of about five members in each group. Every member is listed and we expand each in turn. We record the last two dates of expands and the new size for each member. It is kept in the little Notes app on ipad, then we copy it into Line in the LT forum and occasionally into the NH Line room. A member of our LT is responsible for overseeing the rot list, and she posts in HD NH chat who is Next Up. When we see those members on, we try to expand them.

Members are free to collect and expand on their own as well. But we want to make sure everyone gets an expand by nh if they want. They may also opt to skip as they wish.

Many members collect and donate BEMs, tho there is no pressure to do so. It is so nice tho. Our higher level LT members usually pay max for them if the players are lower levels. And we sell them to the expanders either for one gc or for default price, depending on levels and money needed.

I will copy here the part of the BEM rot list that i am on for u to see. I do not expand often as my barn is already a biggie, btw.

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]Barb 🎉 09Oct Barn 2900[/COLOR]

Would love to hear more about what u are doing, also. 😉
    Best, Barb

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Bqbowers View Post
    Hi! I wonder if some leaders of "successful" neighborhoods would be willing to join a discussion group here to share best practices, and what works/ doesn't work in a great NH. Maybe we can work together to improve our neighborhoods?

We have some what we consider best practices that we have developed. As our nh is relatively stable now, we are looking to see what others have implemented.

Our goal is to provide a friendly and supportive place for neighbors to chat and trade, a spot to meet with friends. We know many NHs have other goals, and whatever practices work in a NH are aimed at achieving their specific goals. Maybe we should start by listing our goals, then our practices.

To start this discussion off, I will share some of our practices that work for us:
    * "No pressure" NH with minimal requirements for our members. "Come as you are" is our policy, though we do have and enforce guidelines, such as no raiding, for our membership.
    * Strong Leader Team (LT) with known responsibilities
    * External discussion forum (we use Line) for LT and another for all NH members
    * Some of our LT folks have sizeable barns and are able to store EMs for the NH, and many members contribute EMs to the NH.
    * Barn expansion rotation list that we maintain so that all members get regular expansions. We had a Silo expansion list as well, but no longer have the need to maintain this.

Hope to hear some of your perspectives and practices!
    Best,
    Barb

Hey Barb,

Sounds similar to my NH but we are following a barn, silo, land and town expantion rotation. It has kept me very busy, but our members LOVE it! A lot of team work! Because of this way of managing we have all developed genuine friendships and enjoy chatting about things other than hayday!

So nice to hear of another expansion rotation program !!!!

Xhiler, so nice to hear of this. We had silo as well as barn rotations for a long time, and just stopped the silo rotation bec we had too many skippers! It was more trouble to chase down expanders than it was worth 😜. Now people just ask if they need SEMs as we have heaps. Also heaps of TEMs and LEMs, and our nh folks let us know when they want, no need to rotate anymore i don't think.

I am so happy to know you do a similar practice. What a lovely nh you must have! It is so nice to foster teamwork in our hood. We have it in our LT as well, teamwork from storing EMs and expanding nh, as well as setting in motion our practices.

Thank u for sharing, and I would love to know more.

Best, Barb

Xhiler it does sound like a lot or work, lol

For a while i did the barn and silo rot lists and expansions myself and it was a lot of work. When i took a vacay, the LT took over and did an amazing job while also building up teamwork. We are keeping it this way, and may set up an informal rotation among the LT members for this responsibility if needed.

Starting some offline sharing now

Hi HD NH leaders,

Another leader and I have started to share some of our practices externally in the Line app. I would like to ask any of you who are interested in joining a discussion to Friend me on Line. My Line ID is the same as my GC ID, bqbowers01

ty!!! Barb

Posting an update, using another approach

Hi! Since there is limited response so far to this thread, i am trying another approach to find great practices in other NHs. I will be taking a sojourn from my NH for a few weeks to visit other NHs to share best practices.

If you are interested, please lmk here or send me a GC FR at bqbbowers01 and mail an invite to your nh. I am starting with my higher level longtime GC Friends and hope to pop in on as many NHs as time permits.

Thanks! And here's to NH improvement!
    Best, Barb