Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Can Anybody Explain: Neighborhood with Drama?

beware

I had 2 in my nh, who never talked or helped. I found that members were getting reported and kicked. I knew it wast my co owners. My nh was in turmoil. I kicked them both out and its not happened since. But thanks to the trouble I have set to invite only and am worried about any one else joining

Quote Originally Posted by STARLITE111 View Post
    you're in the group to help each others boats, farms, towns etc. you are there only to help each other not to get into personal lives....
    Hmm people in our nh do share personal stories. About kids, hobbies, what they're baking, whatever they wanna share. It can interest you or not, but I wouldn't call that drama either way.

The drama comes in when there's someone endlessly complaining about their husband, for example. Get divorced, or don't, but enough with the complaints on chat already :P It's the attention drama queen. Who needs the whole nh to feel sorry for them. A friend told me their whole nh can be like that at times. Yuck!

some people want it to be all about them, their boats, their farms. .... expect and want all the supplies to go to them and don't understand why it can't be like that. .. drama mamas,!
    Right The type that'll ask for barn expansion stuff every day, even after someone was nice enough to give a load of it. And if you explain that the idea is to get most of it by playing the game and ask the missing parts on chat, they'll just not hear it and reply, "So, you got any?"

Can do without them

Ok my personal favorite drama-moment, if there is such a thing... Time heals, retrospect I guess...

A member was being rude to others in chat for days and also very demanding asking for planks, planks, planks constantly. A coleader and I asked her to please tone it down a little. Well, drama explosion... Apparently having a disabled child is an excuse for any bad behaviour you like, and anyone saying anything is a heartless horrid monster who hates you and is massively unfair to you and obsessed with control. Ouch.

Well we all have our bad days, but that took the biscuit and threw it right out of the pram!
    Last edited by Tomville; January 3rd, 2015 at 01:44 AM.
    Chapter One #22V00CGY Level 16 International clan
    We welcome strong TH11 and TH12 adult players with big heros for relaxed fun warring, maxing bases and some pushing. Must know where the donate button is!

The type that'll ask for barn expansion stuff every day, even after someone was nice enough to give a load of it. And if you explain that the idea is to get most of it by playing the game and ask the missing parts on chat, they'll just not hear it and reply, "So, you got any?"

Can do without them
    Also known as "all your planks belonga me" lol
    Chapter One #22V00CGY Level 16 International clan
    We welcome strong TH11 and TH12 adult players with big heros for relaxed fun warring, maxing bases and some pushing. Must know where the donate button is!

Oh, I've got a few to add (unfortunately):

The Supermassive Black Hole: Usually a very high level farm, very rarely in chat, but seems to never sleep. Has psychic ability to know when anything good is placed in a nh shop, and immediately descends to vacuum up everything. Never, ever sells anything not easily found in paper.

The Houdini: The player you consistently help, they might even thank you regularly. But as soon as you need help, even just watering some trees, they're always nowhere to be found. Bonus points if they pick up your visitors or flag some bushes while pretending to be absent for a help request. A kissing cousin of The Supermassive Black Hole, though usually not as high a level.

The Benevolent Thief: Targets new, lower level members of a nh. When a new member offers valuable items, usually expansion items, this player will thoughtfully offer to take all of the new player's items and pass them out to other members since, after all, their barn is so much larger and they know everyone already. In reality, all of those items are immediately absorbed into the Benevolent Thief's inventory and either never shared or carefully meted out to the few people that the Thief deems "worthy". The Thief might initially help the lower level player to really hook them, but that help will dry up as soon as the new player twigs and stops letting the Thief take everything they want.

The Passive-Aggressive Facebooker, (also know as The Player Who Never Left Junior High): Makes a negative post about one member on another member's public facebook wall. When the disparaged player discovers the post in their feed, blames the poor victim for being over sensitive and gets all catty and superior in chat. If the victim doesn't immediately leave, will harass the victim until they do leave or emotionally explode and get booted. Then the Passive-Agressive Facebooker will cry in chat about how mean the victim was, gaining all sorts of delicious attention, which is what they were really after all the time. Warning: Even if this player seems to like you, it will never last. When they get bored or are feeling lonely, anyone can be their next victim. Anyone.

May you never meet any of these in the wild!
    kik: Honeywell4
    GC: Honeywell4

Quote Originally Posted by Tomville View Post
    Also known as "all your planks belonga me" lol
    Or plankzilla
    GC: Madeleine Akaino KIK: madeleineakaino
    Farm Level 107 & Town Level 34, NH: Its Jennys Hood

And What Do You Name This One? My Own 'Scary' Neighborhood Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Gazzanga View Post
    Alright, I'm kinda new of this neighborhood thing. When I read posts on players looking to join neighborhoods, as well as NHs looking for members, I read "drama-free" or "no drama" terms. Can anybody care to explain it to me what kind of dramas people/NHs try to avoid here. If anybody want to share his/her experiences, please no name or shame, thanks!
    Thank you with so many replying identifying drama queens and kings roaming around Hay Day! Definitely a must to study when I create a neighborhood myself in the far future after reaching level 100 and maxing out everything . Recently, there was a kind of drama going on in my NH. After clearing out some players in my NH due to not playing anymore, new members joined my NH. One of them stood out, say his name is X. He (it was a "he" according to his own statement and another new member who knows him personally) asked for lots of stuff constantly. We got annoyed. Finally he was gone. Not sure he was kicked out by a bigwig in my NH, or he left and before he came back somebody else joined. He left once or twice already and came back because my NH was "anybody can join". And he changed farm and RSS names a lot too, maybe so we did not recognize it was him who asked. But this was the scary part of my NH experience. Soon after he left, I read in the NH chat room that a member (say her name is A) -- who is a high level and always helps everybody -- tried to help a new member (say his name is B) by selling a box of tools cheaply in her RSS. But before B clicked on the box, X (who was no longer in the NH) grabbed it. How? He helped lots of members (including me) with reviving plants, so automatically he was in the "Last Helper" list. Apparently, he had been watching A's RSS since he knew A always helps members by selling stuff including tools cheaply. Once he saw the "1 wheat 1 coin" showed up in her RSS he knew a sweet deal would come up next. Too bad, we can't delete helpers, or can we? We only hope that eventually he would fall off after other helpers come in reviving plants or filling out boat orders. This might not be in A's case. Members always glad to help reviving her plants and she did not usually put a help sign for her boats and put RSS ads in the same time so strangers would fill out her boats. She usually made herself or bought from other members through chat room. So there are not a fast 'turn over' in the "Last Helper" list only a NH members helped her and that was just a handfull of us who are active.

When I read this case I quickly looked up my "Last Helper" list if he was there. Luckily not, because I always advertise something in RSS right before I put signs for boats or plants so strangers can help too. So, he quickly fell off my list.

And what do you name this one ??? I can't believe some players are so addicted playing Hay Day going into destructive spectrum... Do you think they have bad characters in their real life or just Hay Day addictions make them drama queens and kings?

Thank you with so many replying identifying drama queens and kings roaming around Hay Day! Definitely a must to study when I create a neighborhood myself in the far future after reaching level 100 and maxing out everything . Recently, there was a kind of drama going on in my NH. After clearing out some players in my NH due to not playing anymore, new members joined my NH. One of them stood out, say his name is X. He (it was a "he" according to his own statement and another new member who knows him personally) asked for lots of stuff constantly. We got annoyed. Finally he was gone. Not sure he was kicked out by a bigwig in my NH, or he left and before he came back somebody else joined. He left once or twice already and came back because my NH was "anybody can join". And he changed farm and RSS names a lot too, maybe so we did not recognize it was him who asked. But this was the scary part of my NH experience. Soon after he left, I read in the NH chat room that a member (say her name is A) -- who is a high level and always helps everybody -- tried to help a new member (say his name is B) by selling a box of tools cheaply in her RSS. But before B clicked on the box, X (who was no longer in the NH) grabbed it. How? He helped lots of members (including me) with reviving plants, so automatically he was in the "Last Helper" list. Apparently, he had been watching A's RSS since he knew A always helps members by selling stuff including tools cheaply. Once he saw the "1 wheat 1 coin" showed up in her RSS he knew a sweet deal would come up next. Too bad, we can't delete helpers, or can we? We only hope that eventually he would fall off after other helpers come in reviving plants or filling out boat orders. This might not be in A's case. Members always glad to help reviving her plants and she did not usually put a help sign for her boats and put RSS ads in the same time so strangers would fill out her boats. She usually made herself or bought from other members through chat room. So there are not a fast 'turn over' in the "Last Helper" list only a NH members helped her and that was just a handfull of us who are active.

When I read this case I quickly looked up my "Last Helper" list if he was there. Luckily not, because I always advertise something in RSS right before I put signs for boats or plants so strangers can help too. So, he quickly fell off my list.

And what do you name this one ??? I can't believe some players are so addicted playing Hay Day going into destructive spectrum... Do you think they have bad characters in their real life or just Hay Day addictions make them drama queens and kings?
    Well the thing is such players eventually run out of good friends and neighbourhoods because people will spot them and ignore them. To conduct trading fast, you need trusted partners and friends who will instantly offer you their help. It's pretty much like business and they are just ruining their own business without knowing it. The fellow could simply go shopping on DD and find many tools instead of rubbing his hands like cat about to attack.

Don't offer help blindly and if you wanna help newbies help those who are trying to make a presence in the nh by doing their best. It will motivate others to participate, or they will just leave because they will notice mooching does not work here.
    Last edited by MadeleineAkaino; January 3rd, 2015 at 07:39 AM.
    GC: Madeleine Akaino KIK: madeleineakaino
    Farm Level 107 & Town Level 34, NH: Its Jennys Hood

Quote Originally Posted by MadeleineAkaino View Post
    Well the thing is such players eventually run out of good friends and neighbourhoods because people will spot them and ignore them.
    Well, B (the guy who tried to buy the tools from A's RSS) wrote about X (the guy who got expelled from our NH and stole goodies offered to B by A) "he is my friend and my real neighbour" and "he is nice" and only "wants to cross level fast" (quotes from what B wrote). I wish I could go back in time and snapped a picture of that part of the chat and posted it here after blacking out personal info. Because I myself could not believe there was a real "friend" like that. I just thought something was not right here. Maybe B and X was the same person playing 2 different farms with two different levels (B was 40+ and X was 50+)? Who knows...

How? He helped lots of members (including me) with reviving plants, so automatically he was in the "Last Helper" list. Apparently, he had been watching A's RSS since he knew A always helps members by selling stuff including tools cheaply. Once he saw the "1 wheat 1 coin" showed up in her RSS he knew a sweet deal would come up next. Too bad, we can't delete helpers, or can we? We only hope that eventually he would fall off after other helpers come in reviving plants or filling out boat orders. This might not be in A's case. Members always glad to help reviving her plants and she did not usually put a help sign for her boats and put RSS ads in the same time so strangers would fill out her boats. She usually made herself or bought from other members through chat room. So there are not a fast 'turn over' in the "Last Helper" list only a NH members helped her and that was just a handfull of us who are active.

I think you got things mixed up here. If X helps you, he'll be on your last helpers list. But you won't be on his, and you need to be on his list if he wants to get to your farm.

So A must have helped X and be on X's last helpers list. It doesn't matter how much help A gets, since that changes A's last helpers list. Instead, X must get enough help so A will drop of his list.

Sometimes I wish this feature would be timer based. So nice if you help a stranger through the paper and they keep emptying your shop out of gratitude Some ppl will buy all my max-priced chicken feed to resell it to their followers or nh, not sure which. Their nh and followers don't fill my boat crates anyway :P