Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Compilation of TheJ's TH9 Bases

Compilation of TheJ's TH9 Bases

Prelude

Hello. Welcome to my base design compilation. If your looking at this, I will assume your a new TH9 or a TH9 looking for a base...or just curious about my design, whatever floats your boat

I started designing a few months ago, and I have gone on quite a journey. I specialize in unorthodox bases such as coreless or labyrinth designs, so dont expect too many everyday bases from me.

Table of Contents
    -Prelude
    -TH9 for me
    -Farming Base Designs
    -Kraken's Crevice
    -Trial of Stars
    -Quasar
    -Helios
    -Tantalus
    -Crimson Cascade
    -Moros and Thanatos
    -War Base Designs
    -Triton
    -Project Isotope
    -Misc
    -Retirement Note: A Year On

TH9 For Me

TH9 is a great transition from TH8. You get loads of new goodies, troops and of course the 25 walls to incorporate into my designs.

What did I do when I reached TH9? I laid those 25 walls on the side, upgraded them to the same as my other walls. Started my X-Bows, built the newest defenses and used the 40k DE I had been saving to start the AQ. Got my laboratory going, army camps and started leveling the newly built defenses.

Farming Base Designs

Now time for the bases. I will not be posting them in order, instead as the stage which they are best to be used. You can probably guess anyway Just for the purpose of it, Ill post here which are best for each stage in the TH9 development.

Early:
    -Kraken's Crevice

Mid:
    -Quasar
    -Helios
    -Trial of Stars

Late:
    -Crimson Cascade*
    -Tantalus
    -Moros and Thanatos

*This base has versions for early, mid, late and De protection however is best for Mid-Late

Kraken's Crevice

A base made for Pre-X Bow players and early players. Just swap X-Bows with archer towers in the core when they are complete. Base has an anti-hog spoof and was ideal in ruining Barch raids and giant raids. A solid design that relies on traps and AI Manipulation to take down hoards of troops.

Trial of Stars

Made this base to suit with the latest meta at the time, labyrinths and open-core bases. Again, an anti-hog spoof is in place this time in the second making hogging extinct on the base. Protects gold exceptionally however elixir is slightly sacrificed in the process. By making this base a series, I became the firstto create a base series on the forums: the Celestial base series. Check the thread for more details, too many mechanics behind it to state here.

Quasar

My second labyrinth base, and second part to the Celestial Series. A bit more hardcore than my Trial of Stars however just as effective. Unlike most labyrinths the wall breakers won't target the core immediately, preventing an obvious flaw in the labyrinth design. Again, good at splitting up giants and support troops but also decent against Barch unlike most labyrinths.

Helios

Yet again, another one using the style at the time and the final part of the Celestial series. The base is aestically intriguing as well as functionally strong. The core carries the sheer terror of unpredictability with all giant bombs and teslas surrounding. It is coreless, a conceot invented by Avernicus, as well as a hollow (fully-open) base. Designed to wreck attacks, particularly TH10s with the new lv7 giants who dare the attack. And, this one does not have an anti-hog mechanism like your thinking

Tantalus

After completing a simple and medium labyrinth I decided to give a hardcore labyrinth a go. This base exceeded my expectations in gold and DE protection, with the DE not being taken in any attacks. The base carries the sheer terror of unpredictability and AI pathing to tear common army compositions to shreds. With Balloonion on the rise, mechanisms were made against this as well and it succeeded twice against this combo.

Crimson Cascade

My first base design. Base excelled at splitting giants from support troops. Has an anti-hog ring, as at the time of its creation hogs were still viable and causing chaos. The base has multiple modes, such as an Early, Mid and DE Protection versions. Really only recommend this if your getting hit by hogs, as that is the bases main purpose.

Moros and Thanatos
    Last edited by TheJ; March 31st, 2017 at 05:02 AM.

Retired Clash of Clans Base Designer | TH9 Base Design Compilation
    Clash Royale: 4000+ Cups (Retired) | Brawl Stars: 5000 Trophies, 16 Brawlers

War Base Designs

After moving on from farm base designs, I was interested in war bases. I only published 2 war bases out of the many I had testing before I retired.

Triton

My most successful base design to date. It has almost accumulated 700,000 views, and I still remember versing this base in clan wars and thinking to myself "Wow, I made that".

Project Isotope

My final project before retirement. I only published one base, though I had 2 ready to post. Only 1 of the 6 I had hoped did come to fruition.
    Last edited by TheJ; March 31st, 2017 at 04:55 AM.

Misc

Obviously, not all my bases are completely fool-proof. They all have there disadvantages and advantages as well as traits and characteristics. The bases posted are for your use, if you can't find one you like have a search round this sub-forum, there are many great bases waiting to be discovered.

Here are some extra bases which I haven't received a thread, as there functionality may not have worked or I did not have faith in the overall design.

That is all the bases I have done for now. I will be regularly updating this post with all my new bases during my odyssey that is TH9. Please do not copy and claim any of these bases as your own. They are solely my creations and belong to me, thanks for reading.
    Last edited by TheJ; March 31st, 2017 at 04:48 AM.

Retirement Note

Just updating this thread, a year on since I quit Clash of Clans altogether.

I was privileged to have been apart of the early base design community of the forums. The year I spent designing and talking to fellow base builders was truly enjoyable.

Sadly, almost all of the former designers have now too retired. I didn't complete all the projects I had hoped to complete, and over 1000 designs are still held in my online base vault. To any new or aspiring base designer, engage in the base design community and post your designs, it will help you grow as a base designer.

J.
    A year on.
    Last edited by TheJ; March 31st, 2017 at 04:52 AM.

firsssssssssssstttt

very nice layouts ! Saved this page

Quote Originally Posted by TheShadow626 View Post
    firsssssssssssstttt
    How many base design related posts have you got first post on now Shadow

Quote Originally Posted by SILASK View Post
    very nice layouts ! Saved this page
    Thanks Silask. There will be many more to come!

Now why does the layout look soooo familiar

Quasar hyperlink screwed up. :x

Other than that, nice compilation!!

Quote Originally Posted by Avernicus View Post
    Now why does the layout look soooo familiar

Quasar hyperlink screwed up. :x

Other than that, nice compilation!!
    Fixed, and dunno why. Your imagining things...again, you been drinking?

Thanks