Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What makes a successful war clan?

Centennial Club

What makes a successful war clan?

As my clan creeps toward our short term goal of 100 wins, I find that we still have room for improvement. I also know there are others out there struggling with the winning factor. So I tried to think, what are the best ways that make us successful or unsuccessful (beyond simply having great players). I also figured I'd enlist the aid of other war clans for their input (would prefer input from clans with 50+ wins, but anybody is welcome if they have a good idea to add to the list).

1. All your players must attack-- The absolute biggest factor in winning clan wars. If you are not committed to building a team where everyone is held accountable for attacking, you cannot win consistently. Participation is essential.

2. You cannot discount your lowest level players as "useless". I have seen many clans lose because the higher level players took all the bases the lower level players even had a hope on. This immediately took 5-10 turns off their potential.

3. Your players must be skilled enough to fight at their own level. Once your clan is established, you will find your matchups have 10+ rival TH 10's. If your TH 10's cannot fight other TH10, you will suffer.

4. Walls walls walls. I hate walls, you hate walls, but high level walls will stop or slow most ground armies. Make sure your clan members have decent walls, and isn't neglecting them to rush to the next TH level.

5. No rushed bases. These players not only have bases that are a hindrance to your team, but they also typically do not have the fighting experience or the troops to take bases of their own level. This is especially important for premie TH 10's who bought the inferno towers and have upgraded very little else. The inferno towers rate your clan much higher, but your members can't fight their own level, making them a liability

6. Communication. Your clan needs a method of communicating rules and strategies more complicated than what the current Clash messaging allows.

7. Solid Rules and Good Leaders to enforce them. Your war clan needs clear rules. And you need to be strict about kicking people who don't follow them. Some rules that have served us well: all turns must be used even if we are winning (discourages people holding attacks to see if we are going to win), no poaching EVER, follow the strategy.

8. Poor base construction. Your base is air proof, but not hog proof. Hog proof, but not air proof. Someone thought it'd be funny to have a base shaped like a middle finger. TH is too close to the edge of the walls, Inferno towers too close to the walls. Clan castle not centered inside the walls. TH outside the walls (this should be an instant kick offense). Leaders need to check all the bases periodically. Keeping the enemy from gaining stars is just as important as your team gaining stars.

9. Once established, start a feeder. Not for everyone, but feeders weed out those people who want to hop in and out of your war, or are simply not smart/nice enough to play well with others.

So far, these are the major things I think has led to many of our wins (and losses and ties). Anybody care to add?
    Leader: Ad Victorium, Victorium Gens, Adults Only War Group
    War Wins: 130+
    Game Name: Athena Invicta
    Web: www.victorium.proboards.com
    Carpe Diem

I completely agree with everything you said. Just have two things to add: Always bring CC reinforcements and spells in each attack. Also, always lure and destroy enemy's CC troops before deploying main army, unless you're using All Dragons or Gowipe.

Awesome advice! As a clan who's pushing about 80 wins, we're in the same boat. I completely agree with everything you said, but feel like it goes without saying that you need to maintain team chemistry as well. It only takes one player to be a cancer for things to go sour quick.

Good luck to you guys! Would be an honor to cross paths with you.
    Skeptical horse is skeptical.

Clan BeerWars.

Banned
    You would not believe the difference it makes starting the war when its morning in asia compared to the afternoon. We went from a 4 Loo's streak to winning 8 out of our last 7 its amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by THEBANDIT240 View Post
    You would not believe the difference it makes starting the war when its morning in asia compared to the afternoon. We went from a 4 Loo's streak to winning 8 out of our last 7 its amazing.
    8 out of your last 7 is unbelievably impressive! Literally! Congratz!
    Skeptical horse is skeptical.

Clan BeerWars.

Organization is #1. Figure a way to claim bases -clashcaller.com
    IGN: Tyler Le | TH10 | Level 130

Gold Grab 1.9 bil | Elixir Escapade 1.8 bil | Heroic Heist 6.3 mil | 250/250 Zaps

War Hero 767 | AQ 37 | BK 35 | Game Center: tylerle_

All very good advice. I would just like to add one more thing.

Your members must be dedicated to the clan. Higher players must be willing to clean up lower players (only when needed) instead of attacking higher for better loot. Must be willing to adapt and change as needed, and not rage should someone point out a fault. Your members must be willing to spend more elixir than they make to ensure they win their war attacks and donate good troops so his clan-mates can too.
    Your members must be selfless, with their one goal being to improve the overall quality of the clan and to its success, whether in war or in trophy push.
    ​Yoda has spoken.
    Playing since September 2012.
    "I don't wanna spend my whole life asking, ‘what if I had given everything?’ " ~Matthew West

Thanks for the write!
    Clan Wars Assist: Easy way to earn free gems and manage your clan.

Good list. Agree with all

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by horse View Post
    8 out of your last 7 is unbelievably impressive! Literally! Congratz!
    Yep its comepletely amazing