Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Most Epic Mismatch in Clan War History EVER !

Pro Member
    Its unfortunate, but dont give up, we won a war with 4 townhall 10s vs 13 townhall 10s. One townhall higher doesnt mean u will lose. Best of luck 😊

Quote Originally Posted by minpin View Post
    Please read this:

http://forum.supercell.net/showthrea...d-stop-whining

More fighting, less whining.
    Thank you sir for sharing this with us.

The initial reaction of my clan seeing 17 TH10s pitted against us, will always be a negative one. (ie whining)
    And it is an emotion we must all overcome, and those who do will see the resolve it takes to face a challenge head on. We will give our best.

I will update you guys with the outcome of this war.
    Thanks again for everyone's support and attention.

Clash on!

Quote Originally Posted by MrCalvin View Post
    Thank you sir for sharing this with us.

The initial reaction of my clan seeing 17 TH10s pitted against us, will always be a negative one. (ie whining)
    And it is an emotion we must all overcome, and those who do will see the resolve it takes to face a challenge head on. We will give our best.

I will update you guys with the outcome of this war.
    Thanks again for everyone's support and attention.

Clash on!
    that's the attitude, give everyone a good target for their first attack so minimal cleaning up required and second attacks learn where the traps and pitfalls will be for a more effective assault
    we had a recent war with 12 infernos vs 1 (we have only 1 th10), we won easily, their th10 were too chicken to attack our top th9s and we 1 or 2 starred every inferno base and 3 starred nearly everything else in 30 vs 30
    Last edited by Sontaran; December 16th, 2014 at 06:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sontaran View Post
    that's the attitude, give everyone a good target for their first attack so minimal cleaning up required and second attacks learn where the traps and pitfalls will be for a more effective assault
    we had a recent war with 12 infernos vs 1 (we have only 1 th10), we won easily, their th10 were too chicken to attack our top th9s and we 1 or 2 starred every inferno base and 3 starred nearly everything else in 30 vs 30
    12 level 10 bases (w/ infernos) against 1 on your side and you won easily. Unless they had level 6 walls and had failed to upgrade their offenses to Level 6 wozards and Level 4 dragons, I really doubt your story.

We have a really bad war record, but we've never lost where our top three townhalls were stronger than their top three.
    "New member" since 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Ompus View Post
    12 level 10 bases (w/ infernos) against 1 on your side and you won easily. Unless they had level 6 walls and had failed to upgrade their offenses to Level 6 wozards and Level 4 dragons, I really doubt your story.

We have a really bad war record, but we've never lost where our top three townhalls were stronger than their top three.
    I don't know what basis you have to doubt his story. There are a lot of clans out there with players who rush to TH10 to get the inferno towers.

Looked them up

The clan you are facing is mostly inactieve if you look a the donations and attacks won this season. Bases of their TH10 are mostly premmie (their top 5 is decent but you can 2 star them for sure).

Think If you go full force you will win this one with a big margin.

403 Wins/ Clan LvL14
    Clan Tag: #2800LUJJ
    IGN: Jesper || Lv. 172 || AQ 45|| BK 44 ||GW 20
    Magma Walls: 194/300 || GG: 1,760 BIL || EE: 1,650 BIL ||HH:9,3m||

Quote Originally Posted by Ompus View Post

perhaps it wasn't clear to you, it was 6 TH10 (12 infernos) 4 were rushed vs 1 Th10 (1 inferno), they couldn't attack effectively, only 2 stars lost from our top 5, no 3 stars until base 12 or 13 from memory, my point was not to brag but to give OP hope

It looks bad but thats only if you look at the th9s vs th10s I was in a clan war one time that was 27 th10s vs our 5 th10s and we ended up winning 88 to 83. And there th10s weren't even that weak we just had quite a few very close to completely maxed th9s. We were superior attackers and it worked out. So stop complaining.
    Clash of Clans- IGN- Uberfischer; Trophy Record- 6024; GG- 1.5 Bil; HH-11 mil; AQ lvl 68; GW lvl 40
    Clash Royale- Trophy Record- 6020(classic trophy inflation), lvl 13, 19 wins (mad cause bad)
    Boom Beach- RIP

smmmfddd

You who say "stop whining" are soooo naive it's hilarious. Just because people point out that there is a clear problem with matchmaking, and obvious potential solutions out there (quick match vs close match options) doesn't mean you have to say "well tough, man up" or "learn how to attack". If it doesn't get brought up it will never get addressed by supercell.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelJohnLeClair View Post
    You who say "stop whining" are soooo naive it's hilarious. Just because people point out that there is a clear problem with matchmaking, and obvious potential solutions out there (quick match vs close match options) doesn't mean you have to say "well tough, man up" or "learn how to attack". If it doesn't get brought up it will never get addressed by supercell.
    Bud im not sure its very fair to call people who say stop whining naive. Be openminded and consider the idea that you might be wrong. Its not a coincidence that those that say 'stop whining' are in some of the clans that have been most successful in war. They seem far from naive from where i stand. I see a lot of mixed ths clan players in that group and they are faced with what you call mismatches a lot of the times, yet they come out ahead, or if they lose they appreciate the challenge and take advantage of that war to improve their bases and attack strategies.

Matchmaking is not necessarily a problem. it is one if you see it as such. The way sc organised matchmaking is done in such a way as to ensure that the war search lasts for a reasonable amount of time and only very very rarely will clans be faced with a genuine mismatch. e.g. Daddy's war mentioned in previous comments. And that happened coz there is prob no other clan out there that wars with such low th on a regular basis. A difference in number of th10s isn't a mismatch.

Ask yourself what would be the consequences of changing the matchmaking system. You consider a fair war to be one where both teams have the same proportion of th levels as you do. But such a clan may not exist. It could take days for someone to find a match. That would be the real problem, not a few extra th10s for the opponent.
    Everyone wants to win easy here without doing anything on their part.

Is matchmaking really a problem for supercell to solve? or is it for the clan to do something about it? If that is the case can the clan itself do anything to improve matchmaking??
    Of course the clan can. Clash of Clans is based on the premise that you should improve your base, improve your attacks.
    Everyone started from scratch and now some people complain that other players got better before them and they overpower them in war...sounds a bit silly
    You can yourself improve to avoid a mismatch. Both your base and attack. More importantly you can improve the whole clan by for example recruiting better people (which is also the objective of the game...) with higher th levels, higher heroes, better troops, better skills.
    This is what the game is about. If you don't play the game you can't complain, and its not for supercell to build you a bubble.
    The game is about competition. It always was. i rob your storages, take trophies from you, regardless of either your level or my level. If you want them back you gotta earn them. Build a better army. If you want to keep them, you gotta earn that too. Build a better base.
    If you wanna win wars, you gotta earn that too. Against the relative effort that other clans have gone through (not against equal clans). what does that mean?
    What it means is that clan war is not merely composed of prep day and war day. Just like with pushing and farming, in clan war everyone starts from scratch, and you gotta fight whatever is out there. 'Recruitment day' and 'farm day' are the other silent tasks that compose clan wars. If you have X months to build your clan and base and reach strength Y, you shouldn't be matched with a clan of strength Y that reached that strength in less time and more effort (or more time and less effort for that matter).

If you get 'mismatched' it means you didn't do a better job than your opponent on 'recruitment day' and 'farm day'. And that is something that you have to or can change and supercell has nothing to do with it. if you win anyway, props to you. If you lose it means you have something to learn, there
    is room for improvement.

And this is why, I too say, stop whining.
    Last edited by FMdC92; December 17th, 2014 at 06:38 AM.