Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Down on the Farm Holiday Party

Say Goodbye to 2014 Girls!!!!!

Neen I am loving your costume!! But I have to say your farm girl outfit is some set of rags!!!...

{{**scouring the internet looking for a matching set**}}

I think I need a change from my daisy dukes so you'll have to let me know where I can get a set, unless of course, you knitted them yourself. In which case, get those babies into the RSS and I will be your first customer. That is if I can pull myself away from Glade's feed................

Grum, your bee costume matches Glade's ladybug so cutely! I had a good laugh when I saw the comfortable version...

Tonight I will arrive in full makeup....

Wearing this lovely kimono....

And bearing a friendly gift for the lovely hostess Jude and her party guests.....

As the night wears on before the clock strikes midnight I may have the urge to change into this..... so I will bring it just in case!

See you all at the party!!!

Ooh lala Mandy. You might be,fighting some of my Fred's off tonight.

GC ID Judesnz54. / Current lvl 97 / Kik FlowerFarm
    Farm name - Storybrooke Village / Achievements 119/126
    Town name - Spring Haven

Well, my dears, after dragging the Colonel through every shop in & out of the Valley, we have at last decided on our costumes for Jude's New Year's Eve fancy dress gala.

Actually, I had pared the choices down to two, but the Colonel adamantly refused to wear the first as he (& I quote verbatim) said, " In no shape, form, nor fashion will I participate in having any part of the scandal you will create if you choose to wear that! It was quite bad enough that slipper business last year was bandied about for six months, but if you go out in public in that...that...that..., we shall never be able to hold our heads up in this Valley again!"

No amount of pleading, cajoling, outright bribery, or showing him the weather forecast would sway him, therefore I conceded the field, being one who knows when a battle is lost...however I also know one failed skirmish does not mean the entire campaign is futile...there's always more parties!

So, being in a (temporary) retreat mode, I graciously acquiesced to his ruffled sensibilities and went with the back-up selections. I'm happy to say he was much more obliging toward those!

(Privately, I don't think he was so much put out by my outfit, as he was by my choice for him. After his many years of wearing the Regimental colors with all the braids & brass, I think the lack of flash offended his sense of dapperness!)

To ring in 2015, we shall be attending dressed in the height of fashion...for 1895!

The Colonel...

I have to admit he does look fine in a cravat & top hat...& dying his beard makes him look decades younger!

As for me...

...and no lady of the day would properly attired without her chapeau!

We shall see you at the gala! Happy New Year!

GC ID - LadyJEM5 / LvL - 80 & Farming Daily / RSS Name - Hedge Row Hills- Achievements - 111/126 - Barn/Silo - 2850/3450. Capt. III/Co-Op III/TT III - NH - Down On The Farm

Happy to be a good neighbor & help whenever, but dairy/sugar/seafood cargoes are no goes. No challenges please. Communication is the key to contented players, SC!

Nice frock, Jem. You certainly will be the Belle of the Ball! And as for the Colonel - White Tie never looked better.
    GladeMaid
    RSS Name - Glade's Auckland Farm: Level - 116: Achievements - 124/132 Masteries - 31/??. Barn/Silo - Never big enough! Bring back Game Centre Friend Requests!

Photo: Great Spotted Kiwi - Mark Jones, Auscape Intl

Beautiful costumes, ladies! I just wish that when I had gone shopping for my outfit, I had realized fancy meant it was actually a costume party, and not fancy ball gown-type attire. Ah, well, I will have to accept JEM's quick thinking and be dressed as the late 1940s actress Veronica Lake.

GC/KIK: knitgal2/knitgal - Level 112 - Town Level 28
    Completed TTII and TTIII back to back...at Level 60! It CAN be done at higher levels!

So I'm having my first cup of morning coffee (ok, its afternoon) the day after judes New Years bash/hilda & Fred's engagement party trying to recount all that happened. Its kind of a blur tbh...i remember all the wonderful costumes, delicious drinks & nibbles, some party trivia, giggles and cheers... Oh yes! a bit of iceskating...and that's where it starts to get fuzzy...was I really flying through the air at one point? My back says the landing wasn't as quite as graceful as I had thought...my next memory is tramping through the dark woods calling out...and thats when it hits me! Hilda has gone missing! What happened?! Jude, has there been any word yet? And how is fred?

Last edited by Neen; January 1st, 2015 at 06:17 PM.
    "I've grown tired of the articulate utterances of men and things. The mystical in art, the mystical in life, the mystical in nature, this is what I am looking for and in the great symphonies of music, the initiation of sorrow, and in the depths of the sea I may find it. It is absolutely necessary for me to find it somewhere." -O. Wilde

Ah Neen, not the end to 2014 anyone was expecting. Poor wee Shep is bewildered and not a little concerned. Thankfully Mr Snow the Elder is back, maybe he can find our two missing Hilda's.

Glad you had a good time.

GC ID Judesnz54. / Current lvl 97 / Kik FlowerFarm
    Farm name - Storybrooke Village / Achievements 119/126
    Town name - Spring Haven

Jude, now that I'm recovered & can move without my head feeling as if it were a ripe pumpkin about to separate itself from the rest of me, I want to say what an absolutely fantastic time the Colonel & I had.

The company, the hospitality, the food were all divine! You outdid yourself ringing in 2015!

I admit I'm glad my peccadillos won't be the hot topic for the next few months, thanks to the Colonel's sense of decorum, & Glade & Neen's...umm...exuberance in the entertainment activities, but I wouldn't have missed this party for the world! I can't think of a better way or a more superb group of people to celebrate a new year with!

Love to you all & party on, girls of the Valley!

GC ID - LadyJEM5 / LvL - 80 & Farming Daily / RSS Name - Hedge Row Hills- Achievements - 111/126 - Barn/Silo - 2850/3450. Capt. III/Co-Op III/TT III - NH - Down On The Farm

Happy to be a good neighbor & help whenever, but dairy/sugar/seafood cargoes are no goes. No challenges please. Communication is the key to contented players, SC!

Quote Originally Posted by LadyJEM5 View Post
    Jude, now that I'm recovered & can move without my head feeling as if it were a ripe pumpkin about to separate itself from the rest of me, I want to say what an absolutely fantastic time the Colonel & I had.

The company, the hospitality, the food were all divine! You outdid yourself ringing in 2015!

I admit I'm glad my peccadillos won't be the hot topic for the next few months, thanks to the Colonel's sense of decorum, & Glade & Neen's...umm...exuberance in the entertainment activities, but I wouldn't have missed this party for the world! I can't think of a better way or a more superb group of people to celebrate a new year with!

Love to you all & party on, girls of the Valley!
    Show me a pole and I be dancing! It certainly was a highly entertaining evening and all kudos to Jude for hosting another superb New Year's Eve party. I think I can honestly say ringing in the New Year down on the farm is the stuff of legends.

If only it hadn't ended on such an anxious note ..... I do hope we find the Hildas safe and well.
    GladeMaid
    RSS Name - Glade's Auckland Farm: Level - 116: Achievements - 124/132 Masteries - 31/??. Barn/Silo - Never big enough! Bring back Game Centre Friend Requests!

Photo: Great Spotted Kiwi - Mark Jones, Auscape Intl