Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 26 of 26

Thread: Tom's %discount balloon

  1. #21
    Mother Goose Tiggerr129's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    St. Louis, MO, USA Central time
    Posts
    4,095
    Quote Originally Posted by MiniGardener View Post
    Thanks, everyone!

    I love those freebies, and I hate to think of anyone missing out because, like me, they were afraid that they would accidentally be buying something if they tapped on the balloon. I'm an "old dog-ette" and I predate the "just tap it and see what happens" bravery of a couple of technologically younger generations. I asked my 20-something goddaughter/neighbor whom I introduced to Hay Day if she was tapping the balloons and she had been doing it from the beginning. It all just goes to show that things are so complex on the farm that you can hoe a pretty long row and still find something you missed!

    Tigg, is there any of this info that would be helpful in the "About Tom" section of the guides?? I skimmed through, but didn't see anything.
    I don't think so, but I'll add this thread to the new people tips.

    I bet the person who got the balloon to release by tapping Tom, also took advantage of the offer. If you say, no thanks, he keeps holding it.

    GC: Tiggerr Two #2RQR90QG | Lvl: 131​ | NH:dis FUNtional
    Turbo Trucker Help and Guide | HD Guide Book- | New People Tips
    Main Topic guide

    Thanks to Red (again) for the picture !!

  2. #22
    It took 18 minutes for Tom to release the balloon today.

    I don't know if that's the consistent time for a player at level 81, but that's the time it took this morning.
    farm 142 ~ town 41 ~ hay day friend book [ closed ]

    of chill reputations - a different kind of Hay Day neighborhood
    now under the warm and deft leadership of Bont1ng.

  3. #23
    Mother Goose Tiggerr129's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    St. Louis, MO, USA Central time
    Posts
    4,095
    Quote Originally Posted by LetTheMusicPlay View Post
    It took 18 minutes for Tom to release the balloon today.

    I don't know if that's the consistent time for a player at level 81, but that's the time it took this morning.
    Ouch! That's longer than it seems, but time seems to disappear when I open this game!

    GC: Tiggerr Two #2RQR90QG | Lvl: 131​ | NH:dis FUNtional
    Turbo Trucker Help and Guide | HD Guide Book- | New People Tips
    Main Topic guide

    Thanks to Red (again) for the picture !!

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    235

    Sorry all...

    Well, I've tried and tried to replicate what I thought I managed to do in getting Tom to let go of the balloon, but failed miserably. Tigg is right, he just won't seem to let go of it till he wants to. So, unless it was a random fluke, I guess he must have just released it anyway without me noticing.
    what I HAVE noticed tho, is that by the time I have finished harvesting most of my products and crops,(I never leave to go fishing or town during this time) he is usually just about ready to let go. Which made me wonder whether the string is not on a "timer" as such, but correlated in some way to the number of fields/ products harvested?
    just a thought.

  5. #25

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiggerr129 View Post
    Ouch! That's longer than it seems, but time seems to disappear when I open this game!
    This is true. But, during those last eight minutes waiting for the balloon, I felt every second creep by.

    Quote Originally Posted by kwixi View Post
    Well, I've tried and tried to replicate what I thought I managed to do in getting Tom to let go of the balloon, but failed miserably. Tigg is right, he just won't seem to let go of it till he wants to. So, unless it was a random fluke, I guess he must have just released it anyway without me noticing.
    what I HAVE noticed tho, is that by the time I have finished harvesting most of my products and crops,(I never leave to go fishing or town during this time) he is usually just about ready to let go. Which made me wonder whether the string is not on a "timer" as such, but correlated in some way to the number of fields/ products harvested?
    just a thought.
    Tom is a troll and a trickster!
    farm 142 ~ town 41 ~ hay day friend book [ closed ]

    of chill reputations - a different kind of Hay Day neighborhood
    now under the warm and deft leadership of Bont1ng.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by kwixi View Post
    Also, if you click on Tom, even if you don't want to use him, he will let go of the balloon,then say no thanks to Tom and rush for the balloon. Prizes every time😉😃
    It won't release it by doing what you said. It is timed, coincidental that it released when you do that.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •