Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Okay, just how bad did I mess this up?

Unhappy Okay, just how bad did I mess this up?

I planted a whole bunch of apple trees and raspberry bushes. I did not realize that they would turn into dead trees and bushes when they were used up. I estimate about 50 of each. How in the world am I going to come up with 50 axes and saws? I'm afraid I may have made a game ending mistake. I don't want to try somehow to start over because I did invested into some diamonds (not much). Any suggestions?

You can hire Tom with your diamonds and have him fetch you axes and saws. Even if you don't hire Tom or can't hire him, this is not the end. Just slowly get the tools and tread carefully on fruits while you do so. Hope that helps.
    Level 100! 6/28/16 won the pearl 12/31/14 won the windmill 2/3/15
    Thank you to ClashOfHolmes for my cool banner

ILoveHayDay is absolutely correct. You can hire Tom for 15 diamonds for one day. He will bring you 7-9 saws or axes every 2 hours (unless you are sleeping, of course; and you KNOW he is going to do some serious sleeping!). You may also find that by building up a supply of axes and saws rather than using them immediately, you will have more of them "dropping" when you harvest crops and feed your animals. There seems to be a correlations with the "drops" that what you have, you get more of; what you lack, you get less of.

This is absolutely not a game ender. Some of us hire Tom regularly to bring axes and other tools like picks for mining.

Meanwhile, just shove all those brown things over into a "woodlot".

I think most of us leave the fruit on the bushes and trees until we want to sell it or use it. It saves space in the silo and looks pretty! Whenever I chop down a tree, I immediately plant a new one--sometimes two--so I always have a supply.

Happy farming!

Farm Level 125 | Town 40 | Achievements 143/144

Hide them!

You can drop several dead bushes and trees behind your farm house and other buildings. As a plus, this also means you won't accidentally put something you really need in those places. (I have 4 frog princes holding a summit meeting behind my farm house. Can't bring myself to disturb them!)

GC:lane-lily Level 64

Great advice everyone. Thanks for helping the new folks out. And everyone needs to remember that there really is no fatal error in this game that can't be overcome. Some people actually sell off everything and start over just for the challenge. There is a whole thread about it. They call it the scorched earth challenge if anyone wants to search on it. If those folks can come back, anyone can.

Some folks have way more trees than you do, if you only harvest them when you need the fruit, they should last you a long time and you can cut them down as you need to. Just rotate which ones you harvest from and you should be fine with the saws you get from other farming activities

Tigg

GC: Tiggerr Two #2RQR90QG | Lvl: 131​ | NH:dis FUNtional
    Turbo Trucker Help and Guide | HD Guide Book- | New People Tips
    Main Topic guide

Thanks to Red (again) for the picture !!

👍 Thank you!

I really appreciate all the great advice everybody gave me. It really is great to know that if I have any questions they will be answered here. Have a great day everybody.

A couple other ideas I don't see mentioned:

The extreme upper northwest corner is a good place to park the dead stuff. My experience, it can't really be used for much since it's a pain to get to... perfect for a thing you don't want to be accessing.

Also, planks (and other BEM SEM LEM TEM) can be easily traded at a ratio of 1 plank for 3 or 4 axes or saws. You probably never want to sell these things directly for coin -- but instead, trade for saws, plant and clear an orchard, profit!

PS: Cacao and blackberry yield the greatest coins per saw and axe, when you're ready...
    PPS: Scorched earth challenge, love it!
    Last edited by Quazar; December 13th, 2014 at 08:04 PM.

[QUOTE=ilovehayday;3391620]You can hire Tom with your diamonds and have him fetch you axes and saws. Even if you don't hire Tom or can't hire him, this is not the end. Just slowly get the tools and tread carefully on fruits while you do so. Hope that helps.[/QUO

Yes it is extremely frustrating! I have must be at least 300 or more dead trees and bushes making my farm look very sad. You guys really need to let us have more axes and saws. And nails are also too rare. It would be great idea that when you open treasure chest (as they cost five diamonds!) to get at least 2 if not 3 useful items as you get 8 diamonds if you find them in a chest but only one of everything else

Where do you trade?

Quote Originally Posted by Quazar View Post
    A couple other ideas I don't see mentioned:

The extreme upper northwest corner is a good place to park the dead stuff. My experience, it can't really be used for much since it's a pain to get to... perfect for a thing you don't want to be accessing.

Also, planks (and other BEM SEM LEM TEM) can be easily traded at a ratio of 1 plank for 3 or 4 axes or saws. You probably never want to sell these things directly for coin -- but instead, trade for saws, plant and clear an orchard, profit!

PS: Cacao and blackberry yield the greatest coins per saw and axe, when you're ready...
    PPS: Scorched earth challenge, love it!

Yes I have put all my dead wood together at far edge of farm. And also hidden some behind buildings. Where do you trade for things please? Ann what are all those abbreviations BEM etc?

BEM stands for barn expansion material. LEM is land, SEM is silo, TEM is town.

It can be helpful if you have room to move your trees and bushes as you harvest them, so you can keep track of which ones have only one harvest left before needing the axe or saw.
    Last edited by Tomville; December 27th, 2014 at 10:44 PM.
    Chapter One #22V00CGY Level 16 International clan
    We welcome strong TH11 and TH12 adult players with big heros for relaxed fun warring, maxing bases and some pushing. Must know where the donate button is!