Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CW Tactics -- TH8 -- Dragon Snipe Attack Style

CW Tactics -- TH8 -- Dragon Snipe Attack Style

Greetings Clashers,

In the CW Tactics TH8 set we have 4 attack styles that, in aggregate, will give you the best approach for 95% of the bases out there. Each attack style has a separate thread on the forums:

So, if the base you are worried about fits the Dragon Snipe attack keys above -- Read On!!! Otherwise click to the thread that you need for your base.

O.k., now that we know you are on the right thread, at 10,000 feet here is an overview of the Dragon Snipe Attack.

• Level -- TH8
    • Type -- Dragon + Hog and/or Loon
    • Mix -- 7 Dragons with remain slots typically hogs (including CC) although there are times some parts of that might be replaced by loons.
    • Spells -- Two flavors of this attack. Lightning (take out 1 AD w/ that) or Heal (use to support snipers). V
    • Nickname -- Dragon Snipe "Heal" or Dragon Snipe "Light"

Here is a link:

Hope this video helps. Comment below and/or subscribe on youtube if you like what you see.

Chief Wryhorn
    Last edited by Wryhorn; December 12th, 2014 at 02:26 PM. Reason: Added summary of 4 attack styles for TH8 at top
    Subscribe to my youtube channel (http://youtube.com/jtjuniversity) for more details like the one above.
    - Chief Wryhorn Leader of JTJ (#2R9RCV9V); Level 143, TH10, 91-9-1 in clan wars as of 03/27/15.

Email for wry --> jtjclan@gmail.com. Wry's twitter --> @wryhorn. Clan website --> jtjclan.com

Forum Elder
    Very interesting. I'm doing one today inspired by you in calling 939 9 dragons 3 rage and 9 loons (it's like 813 for whimps )

Same target base as 813 but two of the ADs would match 105 and the targets CC has a dragon (CC dragons scare me without rage especially if they hold up dragons before ADs are down). Going to go in dragon side near bunched up ADs then rage over ADs and CC then send 9 loons to last AD (over kill I know but my clan only has 5 loons :/)

Thanks for the inspiration!

3 Rage -- Eeeek

Quote Originally Posted by 3lorian View Post
    Very interesting. I'm doing one today inspired by you in calling 939 9 dragons 3 rage and 9 loons (it's like 813 for whimps )

Same target base as 813 but two of the ADs would match 105 and the targets CC has a dragon (CC dragons scare me without rage especially if they hold up dragons before ADs are down). Going to go in dragon side near bunched up ADs then rage over ADs and CC then send 9 loons to last AD (over kill I know but my clan only has 5 loons :/)

Thanks for the inspiration!
    I tend to avoid all three spells being rage. It's probably a old bias from watching my units hit the rage circle and spaz out (going god knows where). That said, rage does have its place but I think its more as a ground cover (getting to xyz location ASAP -- like at TH10 closing gap between AD and iTower for loons). Just my opinion though.

Sidenote -- I think you can't put 'dragon in cc' in a tactic definition as, in theory, your tactic should be able to handle whatever CC.
    Subscribe to my youtube channel (http://youtube.com/jtjuniversity) for more details like the one above.
    - Chief Wryhorn Leader of JTJ (#2R9RCV9V); Level 143, TH10, 91-9-1 in clan wars as of 03/27/15.

Email for wry --> jtjclan@gmail.com. Wry's twitter --> @wryhorn. Clan website --> jtjclan.com

Forum Elder
    See im the opposite. I've always found that rages path my dragons perfectly.

I take chances on the CC, my original target was fairly under developed (lvl 5 ADs 20 slot CC) and I noticed the CC empty one minute then full the next. The 3 CCs above were 25 slots and had 20/25 so I figured dragon (was correct as well).

Anywho, I didn't even get to try it. There must have been a miscommunication and a clanmate jumped my target (nothing like having to dump 3 max rage in single player :/). I tried an 813 on a maxed th8

My cuts were perfect (took his CC dragon to the red and both cut dragons took the SAMs out!!! It was beautiful). So I dropped my dragons and inventory which took the CC dragon (already in the red) in one hit and took out the AD while my CC loons were on their way to their target (short distance but covered by Wiz and Archer Tower so I dropped my king to draw fire)....that's when my CC loons (lvl 5 )ran into all 4 air bombs,
    Only 2 made it to target and died before finishing the AD.
    That must have made my dragons sad so they decided to bypass the completely cleared path to TH and circle 1 star.

Should have used the dragon snipe or lightning 11

Second attack (another maxed th8) was a perfectly executed 105.3(again im good with rage)

Keep the videos coming. I really love watching them and so does my clan! Any chance on some th9 versions?

Banned

another great one!

glad i could help as well

Gamer888 - aka GGG -- aka Gadi

Quote Originally Posted by gamer88 View Post
    glad i could help as well
    Yeah buddy, your attack footage from Dragons is rock solid. Spent way too much time watching your attacks already (not to mention Cindy's). People should check out your channel if only to watch those attacks by her (th9/gowiwi-ho). The link is at the end of the vid (sub spotlight).

Some Archive Footage -- Drag Snipe Enables TH8 to 3 Start TH9

Here is an attack previously posted on distinct threads but consolidating here for archive purposes.

• Attacker: Trevor TH8+ (max)
    • Defender: TH9- (entry level)
    • Attack Style: Dragon Snipe "Max"
    • War Date:01/09/2015
    • Spells: 3 Lightning
    • Mix (CC): 8 Dragons, 8 Loons (5 Loons in CC)

Hope it helps,

-Wry

Fresh Spawn

Needs improvment

Its ok, but not good or great. I dont how to add videos. If i was knowing to how to add article n video i would really add. I m not a master in attacking. But i know all the basics. Better than these. I would shoot my clans videos and upload. I would also explain everything not just like u as u just share video not explain well. AND MUSIC BEHIND ♥♥♥♥S. NO ONE CAN UNDERSTAND THAT WHAT R U SAYING ! TELL ME HOW TO PUT ARTIVLES N VIDEOS.... I LL REALLY IMPROVE. I LL ALSO HELP U ALL TO IMPROVE.

LOL Hiranya

Quote Originally Posted by Hiranya View Post
    Its ok, but not good or great. I dont how to add videos. If i was knowing to how to add article n video i would really add. I m not a master in attacking. But i know all the basics. Better than these. I would shoot my clans videos and upload. I would also explain everything not just like u as u just share video not explain well. AND MUSIC BEHIND ♥♥♥♥S. NO ONE CAN UNDERSTAND THAT WHAT R U SAYING ! TELL ME HOW TO PUT ARTIVLES N VIDEOS.... I LL REALLY IMPROVE. I LL ALSO HELP U ALL TO IMPROVE.
    Hiranya, sorry you don't like the music background ... some do ... some don't. It amuses me so I do it. Just having fun out here. I have worked on a better balance of audio (you'll see that in later videos). Also, we'll be releasing war 'recaps' shortly which will have no songs (all the anti-music people rejoice!).

Relative to the tactics outlined in our TH8 series being off -- I think our CW record says it all -- every war we 3 star ALL enemy bases using these tactics. So, until that doesn't work, were going to say it is. LOL.

Good luck out there.

Wry

LOL Hiranya

Quote Originally Posted by Hiranya View Post
    Hiranya, sorry you don't like the music background ... some do ... some don't. It amuses me so I do it. Just having fun out here. I have worked on a better balance of audio (you'll see that in later videos). Also, we'll be releasing war 'recaps' shortly which will have no songs (all the anti-music people rejoice!).

Relative to the tactics outlined in our TH8 series being off -- I think our CW record says it all -- every war we 3 star ALL enemy TH8 bases using these tactics. So, until that doesn't work, were going to say it is. LOL.

Good luck out there.

Wry
    Last edited by Wryhorn; March 9th, 2015 at 04:41 PM.