Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Boat event for November 2014

Boat event for November 2014

It's not quite surprising that nobody has even mentioned the latest boat event. As far as i have seen in my Neighbourhood, not so many people are really interested - not a rare occasion for most boat events. I guess unless it's the double voucher double coins event, people will remain as uninterested as before. Oh, almost forgot to mention the dramatic increase of the number of people who flag all three sugars / dairies. Not even fairy god mother has attempted to fill them for the past ten hours, I guess we are waiting for Santa!
    GC: Madeleine Akaino KIK: madeleineakaino
    Farm Level 107 & Town Level 34, NH: Its Jennys Hood

Bit bored with boats

The boating event is a bit dull and the prizes boring. I have finished the ten orders and have won saws, dynamite, nails, two gold vouchers and three planks. sort of excited about the planks as they are rare.

it would be more interesting if the prizes were decorations. would be even better if the global prize was a fun statue each time
    Level 129 and 33 in town...144 out of 144 achievements completed.
    Been playing since March 2014...addicted! Champions league
    kik me - lecastel

Agreed. I've always found filling boat orders to be a tedious aspect of gameplay and I've only completed one for this event, just to qualify for the global prize, should we achieve it. However, since filling crates for others is what I do now for much of my game time, I'm quite happily helping lots of other people with their crates, baking bread like crazy! I also help with cream and sugar crates, but only for those below level 30, since they need more help and often don't realise they can cast off a difficult boat.
    Level 74- no longer seeking to level up - just helping with as many boats as I can and selling goodies in my RSS just for the fun of it.

Independent player. I never trade but love to help with boats etc. Not currently accepting friend requests - sorry.

I've always liked boats! I like the boat events too. I do seem to get a lot of lem and other expasion materials that I don't need or get loads of anyway as prizes, so that's not very exciting. Actually, if my memory is right, I've never gotten any tapes or panels as prizes. Those are my rare items..

Anyway, seems like the event isn't interesting people much because I can see hardly any signs in the newspaper.. Usually there are many asking for help during a boat event..

I've been getting a few bad boats in a row now too. Double jam and double dairy.. Can't do those, even if it is an event.

I wasn't excited to see a boat event. If you want some excitement, head over to Nick's sneak peek on the update!!

I'm filling boats to do my pitiful bit for the global total, and like Madge, it feels good to help others fill their boats. When a jam and brown sugar boat showed up after I'd sent away a double jam boat, I decided to hire Tom for a day. That way I didn't have to ask for help with the brown sugar in particular.

I would LOVE it if, just for the boat events, the percentage of purple and gold vouchers earned for filling boats was increased. I would consider that a fabulous reward. For the last double-voucher boat event, I even spent diamonds to speed up the arrival of my boats and still got mostly green vouchers.

For those of you who, like me, have hired Tom for help with the boats, here's my new discovery thanks to a forum thread. When your time with Tom is up and he offers a diamond discount to rehire him, he holds a balloon. When he releases the balloon, TAP IT!! You get a prize!! I can't tell you how many of those balloons I've let float away. If the balloon time expires while you are away from the game, he will release the balloon when you log on. Watch for it first thing!!

Farm Level 131 | Town 42 | Achievements 143/144

Quote Originally Posted by MiniGardener View Post

I would LOVE it if, just for the boat events, the percentage of purple and gold vouchers earned for filling boats was increased. I would consider that a fabulous reward. For the last double-voucher boat event, I even spent diamonds to speed up the arrival of my boats and still got mostly green vouchers.
    This is an excellent idea, MiniG! Totally second it. Be nice too,if the vouchers were proportionate to items asked for, i.e. The harder/longer it takes to make items the higher likelihood to earn purple or gold.

I'm not sure we're going to make the global prize this time. We're less than halfway there.

I wish there were a chance to win some kind of jackpot prize. Say, 50 gold vouchers or 200 planks. That might keep people interested.
    Level 210

Quote Originally Posted by Janilee View Post
    I'm not sure we're going to make the global prize this time. We're less than halfway there.

I wish there were a chance to win some kind of jackpot prize. Say, 50 gold vouchers or 200 planks. That might keep people interested.
    As I recollect, we missed the global prize recently when an event (probably these dratted boats) occurred just when something else more compelling was happening. Was it the introduction of the bees??

We didn't need an event right now. Especially over a holiday weekend (at least in the U.S.) when a lot of players are not spending as much time on the farm as usual. Especially not this type of boat event which is the most taxing in terms of resources and the least rewarding in terms of coins, vouchers, prizes.

I have a feeling that it is just something that is supposed to keep us too busy to yap about the arrival of the next update. Thank goodness for the sneak peeks...maybe the update will arrive right after the event ends! Fingers crossed!!

Farm Level 131 | Town 42 | Achievements 143/144

Quote Originally Posted by MiniGardener View Post
    As I recollect, we missed the global prize recently when an event (probably these dratted boats) occurred just when something else more compelling was happening. Was it the introduction of the bees??
    I think the introduction of the town made events very difficult. People were more concerned with expanding the town and feeding the townies than with the events.

SC had a hard time setting the goal. If they made it too low, it would be reached too soon, and people who hadn't reached the personal goal that unlocked the global tab wouldn't get the prize. If they set it too high, we couldn't reach it.

They've since changed the rules, and you can still get the prize even if you don't unlock the global tab until after the global goal is reached. So that probably makes it easier.

They have an event every week, so it's not surprising people are getting bored with them.
    Level 210

This week's event would be more exciting with the incentive of getting double vouchers.
    GC: CountryGirlMI Level 76