Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CW Tactics -- TH8 -- 11 Light Dragon Attack Style

Lightbulb CW Tactics -- TH8 -- 11 Light Dragon Attack Style

Greetings Clashers,

In the CW Tactics TH8 set we have 4 attack styles that, in aggregate, will give you the best approach for 95% of the bases out there. Each attack style has a separate thread on the forums:

So, if the base you are worried about fits the 11 Light Dragon attack keys above -- Read On!!! Otherwise click to the thread that you need for your base.

O.k., now that we know you are on the right thread, at 10,000 feet here is an overview of 11 Light Dragon Attack.

• - Level -- TH8
    • - Type -- Dragon
    • - Mix -- 11 Dragons (1 max in CC)
    • - Spells -- 3 lightning
    • - Nickname -- 11 Light (tells you 11 drags and lightning for spells)
    • - Good for -- Good for most TH8 bases.

Here is a link:

Hope this video helps. Comment below and/or subscribe on youtube if you like what you see.

Chief Wryhorn
    Last edited by Wryhorn; December 12th, 2014 at 02:20 PM. Reason: Added summary of 4 attack styles for TH8 at top
    Subscribe to my youtube channel (http://youtube.com/jtjuniversity) for more details like the one above.
    - Chief Wryhorn Leader of JTJ (#2R9RCV9V); Level 143, TH10, 91-9-1 in clan wars as of 03/27/15.

Email for wry --> jtjclan@gmail.com. Wry's twitter --> @wryhorn. Clan website --> jtjclan.com

Forum Elder
    Might I ask why light over rage?

I would go at that base the exact same way but I'd use rage dropping two over those first two ADs (call it a line of death) which should rage dragons on CC and TH as well then last rage i between TH and Last AD (if TH is still up).

I worry about dragons in CC not so much as a danger but as a road block. If if CC triggers before dragons get to ADs then they will focus on the CC dragon while getting pounded by those two ADs (I think)

105 is better (I think), but not simpler

Quote Originally Posted by 3lorian View Post
    Might I ask why light over rage?

I would go at that base the exact same way but I'd use rage dropping two over those first two ADs (call it a line of death) which should rage dragons on CC and TH as well then last rage i between TH and Last AD (if TH is still up).

I worry about dragons in CC not so much as a danger but as a road block. If if CC triggers before dragons get to ADs then they will focus on the CC dragon while getting pounded by those two ADs (I think)
    Simpler. Light is a pretty easy spell. See AD. Blow up AD. As long as your deployment line is right you can still roll the base. Rage requirements specific placement/timing under duress of battle. Not to mention sometimes it spazzes out the people in it (and they don't go the way you want).

That said, if you like rage and are comfortable with it I would agree a 105.12 or 105.21 has a bigger upside than the 11 Light.
    Subscribe to my youtube channel (http://youtube.com/jtjuniversity) for more details like the one above.
    - Chief Wryhorn Leader of JTJ (#2R9RCV9V); Level 143, TH10, 91-9-1 in clan wars as of 03/27/15.

Email for wry --> jtjclan@gmail.com. Wry's twitter --> @wryhorn. Clan website --> jtjclan.com

Forum Elder
    That makes sense. I've seen some terrible rage placements.

Well done video

Centennial Club

Zaps rely on the raw power of dragon

Most dragon riders prefer the control rage gives, you can pick when and where it is needed.
    Most dragon spammers prefer to Zap the stronger/deeper AD as dragons by themselves are beasts and can wreck many th8 designs.

I think the difference is when a base has strategically placed dragon problems like high hp storages, mines and the new skeleton traps. Then rage is preferable.

This is for th8, for th7's there is no choice, zap zap zap (as a th7, th8 has dragon 3 can take 2 AD 5 no problem) for my mates that take on th9 (as a th9) 4 rage all day is the only way to take 4 AD5/6, we will pass on AD7, lol.

Bottom line is RAGE = Skill & experience using, Zap & spam for the rest.

Why kill a chicken w/ a bazooka?

Quote Originally Posted by boek View Post
    Most dragon riders prefer the control rage gives, you can pick when and where it is needed.
    Most dragon spammers prefer to Zap the stronger/deeper AD as dragons by themselves are beasts and can wreck many th8 designs.

I think the difference is when a base has strategically placed dragon problems like high hp storages, mines and the new skeleton traps. Then rage is preferable.

This is for th8, for th7's there is no choice, zap zap zap (as a th7, th8 has dragon 3 can take 2 AD 5 no problem) for my mates that take on th9 (as a th9) 4 rage all day is the only way to take 4 AD5/6, we will pass on AD7, lol.

Bottom line is RAGE = Skill & experience using, Zap & spam for the rest.
    I would agree i THINK 105 w/ various non lightning spells seems to have more power HOWEVER why kill a chicken w/ a bazooka? If the base layout is setup for an EASIER and/or MORE PROBABLE 3 star via lightning you should go that way -- the chicken will thank you.

LOL.

I found your thread on the 813, great videos! Super concise, easy for me to understand. The 11 light looks great and will be trying it on our next war. Great stuff and wanted to let you know I've subscribed to your YouTube channel. I will be sharing your channel with my clan.

Thanks and and keep it up!

Adam Son of Don, clan Co-Leader, th9, level 112
    Hard Nox Inc. #8QP90GJJ

Click here for our Clan thread!!

I try to boil it down to my ability level ...

Quote Originally Posted by AdamSoD View Post
    I found your thread on the 813, great videos! Super concise, easy for me to understand. The 11 light looks great and will be trying it on our next war. Great stuff and wanted to let you know I've subscribed to your YouTube channel. I will be sharing your channel with my clan.

Thanks and and keep it up!
    Adam, glad its helping. I try to boil it down to my ability level. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Wryhorn View Post
    I would agree i THINK 105 w/ various non lightning spells seems to have more power HOWEVER why kill a chicken w/ a bazooka? If the base layout is setup for an EASIER and/or MORE PROBABLE 3 star via lightning you should go that way -- the chicken will thank you.

LOL.
    Yeah.. and why use an expensive mass dragon combo when you can 3 stars it with lv5 loons, loonion combo?
    Lv13 War Clan: Rushed One(#9YG9YYCJ). If you are good rusher, join us!

Without buying gems, Mist (started in Sept. 07, 2014) took less than 34 days (Day 34: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1HB-J1kbAE) rush from TH1 to TH9... and 14 months later: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIOWMYK8lT0. Quit: 5/23/2017

Loonion vs Dragoon = Its about consistency

Quote Originally Posted by ForgiveMeNot View Post
    Yeah.. and why use an expensive mass dragon combo when you can 3 stars it with lv5 loons, loonion combo?
    While the loonian could work on certain bases at TH8 for a 3 star, it can't do it against as many layouts. The base has to be setup to allow it. The Dragoon attacks (813, 105, 11 light) are more forgiving and allow the average clasher to have a shot at 3 star. We rarely see a successful 3 star with loonian against us. Can't remember when actually. Probably because of the base setups (ADs in, WTwr supporting, etc).