Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My Newbie Questions

Banned

Question My Newbie Questions

I've been playing a few days now. i really enjoy this game.
    I have several questions.
    1) I think only my own foxes growl. Foxes on other farms won't growl for me. Have you noticed this, too?
    2) Where can I find a chart to tell me when the fields come throughout the game. I want more fields! I only have 39.
    3) In the roadside shop, I have made mistakes putting up my orders but I can't find a way to correct them without the product just poofing into thin air. Is this just how it is, or is there a way to edit and make the product go back to my silo or barn?
    4) I don't like the Little People. Is it all right if I just let them stand there? Are there going to be more characters other than those same five? I suppose their purpose is to distract and annoy. They are doing a fine job.
    5) What are those badges to the far left of people's names on their farm? Some facebook thing?
    6) I can't see my dog eat. Does the game just poof the food away every so often?
    7) If I hire Tom for a day, will he be there every minute, or just every two hours like before?

Many thanks to any and all who can help with these important issues.
    -snakiddy

Oops I messed up the fancy quotation feature, sue me

2) Where can I find a chart to tell me when the fields come throughout the game. I want more fields! I only have 39.

Google "hay day levels"... it's out there.

3) In the roadside shop, I have made mistakes putting up my orders but I can't find a way to correct them without the product just poofing into thin air. Is this just how it is, or is there a way to edit and make the product go back to my silo or barn?

How it is

4) I don't like the Little People. Is it all right if I just let them stand there? Are there going to be more characters other than those same five? I suppose their purpose is to distract and annoy. They are doing a fine job.

Agree... I'm told there are events where one should actually deal with them... otherwise there's that achievement

5) What are those badges to the far left of people's names on their farm? Some facebook thing?

Neighborhoods

6) I can't see my dog eat. Does the game just poof the food away every so often?

Right, and then he's sleeping, wake him up and have all that fun again

7) If I hire Tom for a day, will he be there every minute, or just every two hours like before?

2 hours

Banned

Thumbs Up

Thank! You! Quazar!

goooogle, duhhhh.

Banned

Brown Mushrooms

Will these brown mushrooms ever revive? I like the red ones. I notice they're getting bigger and I see small little vine plants growing up in places. If these brown mushrooms are going to revive, I won't plop a big machine down on them.

Quote Originally Posted by snakiddy View Post
    I've been playing a few days now. i really enjoy this game.
    I have several questions.
    1) I think only my own foxes growl. Foxes on other farms won't growl for me. Have you noticed this, too?

Many thanks to any and all who can help with these important issues.
    -snakiddy
    1) Only your own foxes growl. They also scratch for fleas...
    2) Covered by Quazar
    3) Once you put something up for sale in the RSS (Roadside Shop) you can't change it without losing it. One reason is to keep people from just using it as alternate storage when the barn is full. People have asked to be able to undo or modify sales, but it isn't going to happen. (Check the stickie at the top of the "Ideas and Features" forum for other ideas that are not being considered.) Your best friend is the little green "ad" checkmark. You can place a new ad for free every 5 minutes. NOBODY pays diamonds for ads. Have you enabled "double click" to spend diamonds? It's in advanced settings. Very important.
    4) You can send the little people away. Just say no!! The only advantage to them (other than the "achievement") is that they will buy things like eggs, milk, bacon and wool which helps free up space in your barn. At your level, selling in the RSS is a better idea because you can get more coins, and the RSS doesn't produce XP (experience points). It may seem like you want to level up fast, but you'll need progressively more coins for machines. The one time you will want to fill their orders is in a "double coins" event which everyone expects to happen in the next week or so. You can make beaucoup coins!!
    5) Like Quazar said, the badges are for neighborhoods. Those operate through the little house across the road. You can repair that house at level 29. You don't have to belong to Facebook to join a neighborhood.
    6) You will be able to see your dog eat if you are lucky. You have to be around at just the right moment. When it is ready to go to sleep, it will eat and then run all over the farm before coming back to lie down.
    7) Tom operates on the "2-hour nap between runs" model even when you hire him. That is another thing that people suggest changes for all the time, but it ain't gonna happen. Again, check the stickie with the "ain't gonna happen" list. There are lots of threads about using Tom; also there is good info in the stickie "Main Topic guides and threads".

Quote Originally Posted by snakiddy View Post
    Will these brown mushrooms ever revive? I like the red ones. I notice they're getting bigger and I see small little vine plants growing up in places. If these brown mushrooms are going to revive, I won't plop a big machine down on them.
    Sadly, the mushrooms will all disappear when the "autumn" seasonal changes shift to winter. The red, gold and brown trees will return to green and the patches of leaves and mushrooms will probably change to patches of snow. (This will be my first winter on Hay Day, so I'm not exactly sure.) The mushrooms weren't there in the summer. I have tried to keep the mushroom patches visible, too. I really like them.

Welcome to the farm, snakiddy!!
    Last edited by MiniGardener; November 20th, 2014 at 07:06 AM.

Farm Level 125 | Town 40 | Achievements 143/144

Banned

He does eat!

Hi Mini, and thank you for all that good info. I've read plenty of your posts already. I do try to find my answers before asking...
    Anyway, came here just now to say "He Does Eat!" I saw him! He woofs it down. What a good boy.

lovin' this game
    Last edited by snakiddy; November 20th, 2014 at 11:02 AM. Reason: smiley typoo

Banned

Question Docks, Mine, or Fishing?

I did not repair my docks when I could, nor did I open my mine when I could. I spent several days going broke filling truck orders trying to get those blue stars. (I wanted a dog.) Now I am just selling roadside and expanding my machines. Much less stress! Anyway, I have made enough coin that soon I will be able to decide whether to repair the docks, open the mine, or open up fishing.
    I'm asking for advice about what I should do first. I want to fish, but I don't want to get ahead of myself like I did before. Please give me the straight skinny on what to do. All opinions and experience gratefully accepted.

Thanks,
    -snakiddy

I hope you got your dog!! Is it a retriever? Getting pets is a good project. Feeding them produces expansion materials; besides, they are fun!! I just got my third dog--another retriever! Another tiny but valuable advantage to dogs and cats is that feeding them frees up slots in your barn.

Repair your docks. Absolutely! I think I would repair the little rowboat before the riverboat landing. Getting access to your fishing area is really important. Once you have the rowboat, you can begin fishing immediately. There will be fishing holes open, and you can make lures using worms for free. Having your own source of fish fillets is a big relief! There are additional fishing holes that need to be opened up like the extra land plots on the farm. I opened as many fishing holes as I could before I needed more space on my farm even though it would have been more fun to open the farm space. The fishing holes are more productive, particularly down the road when you set lobster traps in some and fish in others.

The riverboat landing means you have another thing to fill like trucks. It is something you can get help with (unlike trucks) and it produces vouchers as well as coins and XP. There are also events which double your yield like the truck and visitor events.

The mine is something you will want eventually. I hid my undeveloped mine behind apple trees for a while, but eventually opened it. You only need to buy one smelter to start with. Add more smelters as you feel you need them. The most exciting thing (for me) about mining is that I can sell the products in truck orders for vouchers. My donkey, my third dog, and my soon-to-arrive pinto horse (2 purple vouchers to go!) are all thanks to selling metal bars in truck orders. (There's a database that tells what color voucher you will get for each type of metal order.)

It's good to get all of this developed before you get to the level where you can access your town because THAT is another huge drain of resources for expansion. Fun, but yikes!!

Go for that rowboat!!

Banned
    well, darn. I went for the big boat. It will be ready sometime tomorrow. I have amassed enough coin to do the mine now, but then I would be flat broke. I had decided to wait another day on that. Selling on the DD is quite lucrative!

Now, with your input, I think I will sell for two more days and then get the fishing boat going. I have seen those scrapbooks...lovely stuff.

Happy farming, Mini!

You're doing fine, Snakiddy! Fortunately, there is no WRONG answer when it comes to developing resources in Hay Day. I, personally, developed my riverboat landing first. (I hadn't discovered the forums and was farming "in the dark".) The important thing is not to level up too fast, and you are doing the best thing for that which is selling through the DD.

Farm on!!