Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: RESOLVED: Forum Maintenance - 11.11.14

Wow. Suddenly have sub forum. Let's see how is work.

Centennial Club

Not a good idea

I guess he could have just said..if you want in then let the spamming begin

Quote Originally Posted by Saithetwaiayemin View Post
    So, you mean I have to make trolling around the forum and make ton of spamming post
    Exactly!!!!!

+1 post for me
    GC: BigKid18🇺🇸
    TF: 661Arsenal

So, you mean I have to make trolling around the forum and make ton of spamming post

Interesting, do us unworthy folk get to see the posts or are they hidden from our view?

Oh boy. I didn't realize how bad it was in Helsinki until now.

Nothing like making a special place where you can hang out with the people that are most likely to think like you, and then watch to see what they think. Kind of similar to looking in the mirror and asking the guy you see for an opinion...

Quote Originally Posted by FriendlyFyre View Post
    I guess he could have just said..if you want in then let the spamming begin
    Quote Originally Posted by BigKid18 View Post
    Exactly!!!!!

+1 post for me
    Tim, I think you should have an exclusion for such people who troll and spam.
    I don't want to see trolls in the new sub-forum

Maybe, a spam/troll infraction for these and one who have spam/troll infraction cannot post in that sub-forum
    Hay Day - level 68 - Rep 15 - Farming with Nobody!
    Boom beach - XP lvl 62 - HQ 20 - Booming with Nobody!
    Clash Royale - XP 11 - 3800 trophies - Boggers united recruiting - friendly, fun, donation!
    Clash of Clans - XP 112 - HQ 9 - Clashing with clasher smasher!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim[Supercell] View Post
    Hi all,

Forum maintenance coming tomorrow (11.11.14) at around 9:00am UTC.

We're going to add a new Boom Beach sub-forum called "Veteran's Quarters" (only people with 500 posts AND 3 months of forum service can post there).

Duration:

-Tim
    What do you mean by Forum Service?

400 posts? LOL
    I don't have that many posts on forums where I'm member for more than 10 years.

Bad, very bad idea. There is now a bad clique on the forum which you will make worse. Also, you will encourage people to spam and troll more to gain this 400 posts mark to be able to archive this monumental thing in their lives and be part of some "special" game subforum.

Instead of using 400 posts, you should hide post count altogether. It is used way too often to judge people and to take or not to take their comments seriously.

Take my post count for example. I'm sure because of it, you will ignore my post altogether. Just proves my point.

Quote Originally Posted by doublev View Post
    400 posts? LOL
    I don't have that many posts on forums where I'm member for more than 10 years.

Bad, very bad idea. There is now a bad clique on the forum which you will make worse. Also, you will encourage people to spam and troll more to gain this 400 posts mark to be able to archive this monumental thing in their lives and be part of some "special" game subforum.

Instead of using 400 posts, you should hide post count altogether. It is used way too often to judge people and to take or not to take their comments seriously.

Take my post count for example. I'm sure because of it, you will ignore my post altogether. Just proves my point.
    lol liar. You join in May 2014 - 6 months only.

Well, the new forum is only for highly experienced people to post.

People who are active readers i.e. don't reply but only read can also see the forum but not reply as you usually do!
    Hay Day - level 68 - Rep 15 - Farming with Nobody!
    Boom beach - XP lvl 62 - HQ 20 - Booming with Nobody!
    Clash Royale - XP 11 - 3800 trophies - Boggers united recruiting - friendly, fun, donation!
    Clash of Clans - XP 112 - HQ 9 - Clashing with clasher smasher!

10.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #20
    Quote Originally Posted by theblackbeltpanda64 View Post
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    When the maintenance is going on, will only the boom beach forum not be available or the whole forum?
    Unfortunately the whole forum needs to go into maintenance at the same time because they're all connected.

Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin4 View Post
    Any reason for 500? Maybe it should be 1k
    It felt like a relatively balanced amount of posts - not too few and not too many. It's hard to gauge what the 'right' amount would be, but we can always adjust it at a later date if 500 doesn't feel like it's working.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiln View Post
    Tim, interesting idea, but do you really want to go this direction? You may as well call it "Boom Beach Forum Elite". Personally, I have over 2 years of "forum service" yet will be excluded simply because I am much more of a heavy reader than I am a heavy poster. I don't think you want to polarize the community any more than it already is, especially given the current state of the forums.
    Definitely an understandable concern, but let's see how it goes first and play it by ear a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesf01 View Post
    What do you mean by Forum Service?
    How long you've been on the forum - so if your account is 3 months old or more (and you have 500+ posts), you're eligible for the new sub