Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Silo expansion: Is it ever big enough?

Quote Originally Posted by ezteru View Post
    Sorry maybe I'm in the wrong place but I really need help, why is my silo and barn aaaaaalways full? I never have enough space for my things.
    And the goods we need for upgrade it is really hard to find, although I keep playing and playing the whole day.
    Is there any special method for resolve my trouble?

plese help ^^
    The BEMs (barn expansion materials) and SEMs (silo expansion materials) are always in short supply in the DD (Daily Dirt newspaper) and they are snapped up as soon as they are posted. I don't know what level your farm is, but assuming you are a relatively new farmer, here are some ideas.

- "wheating": this is when you grow wheat just to sell in your RSS (Roadside Shop) or to the little people who come to buy things at your farm. There are tips for this in the "stickie" threads at the top of the forum. By growing wheat constantly, you get more tools that "drop" when you harvest the wheat. Sell your wheat at 1 coin or 10 coins for 10 wheat. It will disappear very quickly. Wheating is what many experienced players do when they need expansion materials.

- "stacking": this is something that takes practice, and there are threads about it (search for Turbo Trucker). Basically, if your barn is full, you can still place things to be made in the production queue in the machines. The finished items will "stack" up on the little table in front of the machine rather than going into the barn until there is space in the barn.

- Open each ad in the DD because the items you need may be offered for sale but will probably not be the one that is advertised.

- When you reach level 29, repair the little house and join a neighborhood. Neighbors are a great source of help with expansion materials.

Good luck, a full barn is frustrating and it happens to all levels of farmers.
    Last edited by MiniGardener; December 7th, 2014 at 04:07 AM.

Farm Level 128 | Town 41 | Achievements 143/144

Quote Originally Posted by MiniGardener View Post
    The BEMs (barn expansion materials) and SEMs (silo expansion materials) are always in short supply in the DD (Daily Dirt newspaper) and they are snapped up as soon as they are posted. I don't know what level your farm is, but assuming you are a relatively new farmer, here are some ideas.

- "wheating": this is when you grow wheat just to sell in your RSS (Roadside Shop) or to the little people who come to buy things at your farm. There are tips for this in the "stickie" threads at the top of the forum. By growing wheat constantly, you get more tools that "drop" when you harvest the wheat. Sell your wheat at 1 coin or 10 coins for 10 wheat. It will disappear very quickly. Wheating is what many experienced players do when they need expansion materials.

- "stacking": this is something that takes practice, and there are threads about it (search for Turbo Trucker). Basically, if your barn is full, you can still place things to be made in the production queue in the machines. The finished items will "stack" up on the little table in front of the machine rather than going into the barn until there is space in the barn.

- Open each ad in the DD because the items you need may be offered for sale but will probably not be the one that is advertised.

- When you reach level 29, repair the little house and join a neighborhood. Neighbors are a great source of help with expansion materials.

Good luck, a full barn is frustrating and it happens to all levels of farmers.
    thank you~ I just try to wheating all day and the result is so great, I gain many bem and sem and also other goods in a blink!
    Modern Farmer
    kik : ezteru

https://www.facebook.com/Ezteruru

Quote Originally Posted by ezteru View Post
    thank you~ I just try to wheating all day and the result is so great, I gain many bem and sem and also other goods in a blink!
    Yay!! Everyone here loves to see someone like you really begin to succeed. Keep visiting the forums. I learn new helpful techniques regularly.

The tips for stacking, or stockpiling or the barn dance as someone calls it is in the turbo trucker thread. The link is in my signature. It's post two or three.

GC: Tiggerr Two #2RQR90QG | Lvl: 131​ | NH:dis FUNtional
    Turbo Trucker Help and Guide | HD Guide Book- | New People Tips
    Main Topic guide

Thanks to Red (again) for the picture !!

FWIW my solution to a small barn, is to sell more stuff. Specifically at the end of the day: since the fun session when I wake up involves collecting the proceeds of the overnight work, that's a key time to not want to see the barn full.

Ending the day by putting up a lot of stuff means starting the day with a nice stack of coins, and plenty of room to work. It's so frustrating to not be able to restart the sewing machine because there's no room for the wool or fabric.

It's great if you have space in the barn to hold a few of everything, the truck orders are much easier to fill... but for me the it's even better to not get the dreaded message about unsufficient space. It's less of an issue at 500 than 300 of course.

To the subject of the post, I'm at 500 silo and only hit the limit when I've accidentally stockpiled too much of more than two or three crops.

Thanks, Quazar! Very helpful tips for players with small barns. I remember when I first started farming and thought that I would NEVER need to expand my farm, so I always sold any expansion materials I got. I also figured that once my barn and silo hit 400 slots, I was set for life. HAH! Happily, Hay Day horizons continually expand...it's just a little harder to get the barn and silo to expand with them.
    Last edited by MiniGardener; December 12th, 2014 at 07:34 AM.

Thanks MiniGardner! Agreed, as we go along... need greater and greater stockpiles, and they take a higher ratio of available space. I'm looking forward (ha!) to 1000 barn, saw a graph somewhere that the ratio starts getting better.

To the OP... 600, the answer is 600