Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: CW Tactics -- TH8 -- 105 Dragoon Attack Style

Cool CW Tactics -- TH8 -- 105 Dragoon Attack Style

Greetings Clashers,

In the CW Tactics TH8 set we have 4 attack styles that, in aggregate, will give you the best approach for 95% of the bases out there. Each attack style has a separate thread on the forums:

So, if the base you are worried about fits the 105 Dragoon attack keys above -- Read On!!! Otherwise click to the thread that you need for your base.

O.k., now that we know you are on the right thread, at 10,000 feet here is an overview of 105 Dragoon Attack.

• Level -- TH8
    • Type -- Dragoon
    • Mix -- 10 Dragons, 5 Balloons in CC (max), heal/rage for spells (typically 2 heal/1 rage but sometimes 1 heal/2rage)
    • Nickname -- 105.12 or 105.21 etc. Tells you quickly -- DragsLoons.HealRage.

and here is a link to us walking through how to do the style in gross detail (but you get cool background music as you go ):

Note, in the video, the bases we show getting 3 starred are all max (AD level six) TH8 layouts. So pretty solid stuff. In the war the attacks were taken from the enemy clan (packino 2 from Indonesia) used the 105 style 21 times against us scoring 18 ... yes 18 ... 3 stars ... when attacking our TH8 bases (all they did was 105 -- i can see why).

Holy smokes batman.

Hope this video helps. Comment below and/or subscribe on youtube if you like what you see.

Chief Wryhorn
    Last edited by Wryhorn; December 12th, 2014 at 02:25 PM. Reason: Added summary of 4 attack styles for TH8 at top

Hey chief, does this strategy only work against those type of bases? And is it possible to use 20 archers to destroy those side buildings instead of drags?

Quote Originally Posted by tomasinooooo View Post
    Hey chief, does this strategy only work against those type of bases? And is it possible to use 20 archers to destroy those side buildings instead of drags?
    What were doing strategy wise is to use 105 style on clustered TH8 bases. Clustered being defined as can you drop a heal between the 2 ADs you are initially trying to broadside and have each touch an edge? If so, clustered. If not, we call that spread and go w/ a 813 (8 drag, 13 loons).

With a 105 you could drop 1 drag and get archers potentially (or other units like minions). Typically the 105 finishes with 5-7 drags left over so there 'might' be slop there. That said, I haven't see huts be an issue w/ it vanilla (105 no archers).
    Subscribe to my youtube channel (http://youtube.com/jtjuniversity) for more details like the one above.
    - Chief Wryhorn Leader of JTJ (#2R9RCV9V); Level 143, TH10, 91-9-1 in clan wars as of 03/27/15.

Email for wry --> jtjclan@gmail.com. Wry's twitter --> @wryhorn. Clan website --> jtjclan.com

Very informative. We can all get a little better at clash of clans.
    - 99% wes
    Level 140 | TH10 | 50/250 Zaps | Level 25 BK, Level 24 AQ | 550 War Stars
    Find me in (#8P8J9C0V)

Quote Originally Posted by W1Z View Post
    Very informative. We can all get a little better at clash of clans.
    Word. LOL. Strangely, I always think I'm getting better at this game ... then I realize I have more to learn.
    Subscribe to my youtube channel (http://youtube.com/jtjuniversity) for more details like the one above.
    - Chief Wryhorn Leader of JTJ (#2R9RCV9V); Level 143, TH10, 91-9-1 in clan wars as of 03/27/15.

Email for wry --> jtjclan@gmail.com. Wry's twitter --> @wryhorn. Clan website --> jtjclan.com

Quote Originally Posted by Wryhorn View Post
    Greetings clashers,

In Clan War tactics we break down a specific clan war attack style w/ footage from clan wars using that attack. In this episode we are looking at:

- Level -- TH8
    - Type -- Dragoon
    - Mix -- 10 Dragons, 5 Balloons in CC (max), heal/rage for spells (typically 2 heal/1 rage but sometimes 1 heal/2rage)
    - Nickname -- 105.12 or 105.21 etc. Tells you quickly -- DragsLoons.HealRage.

Here is a link:

Note, in the video, the bases we show getting 3 starred are all max (AD level six) TH8 layouts. So pretty solid stuff. In the war the attacks were taken from the enemy clan (packino 2 from Indonesia) used the 105 style 21 times against us scoring 18 ... yes 18 ... 3 stars ... when attacking our TH8 bases (all they did was 105 -- i can see why).

Holy smokes batman.

Hope this video helps. Comment below and/or subscribe on youtube if you like what you see.

Chief Wryhorn
    Followed this strategy step for step on an almost maxed TH8, outcome was 100%, 3 star with 3 dragons left at the end. Very nice strategy! Lol, sorry your clan got wrecked by this strategy, but I can sure see how that happened! Pretty solid indeed! Thanks alot for this thread!

Nice stuff indeed, I will use that on my th8 that often struggles to get three stars in our wars.
    Picture deleted because it was to sexy for the forum.
    TH 10, 250 LEGO done, 41 LAVA, GG & EE >900 M each, Max 2710 💀
    Sverige Clanwar, 137 won wars

Quote Originally Posted by MyOtherAccountGotBanned View Post
    Followed this strategy step for step on an almost maxed TH8, outcome was 100%, 3 star with 3 dragons left at the end. Very nice strategy! Lol, sorry your clan got wrecked by this strategy, but I can sure see how that happened! Pretty solid indeed! Thanks alot for this thread!
    Yes, I am almost through my grieving on the loss .. but there is always something to learn. If you like the vid ... subscribe on youtube ... more coming.

Quote Originally Posted by n3r0s View Post
    Nice stuff indeed, I will use that on my th8 that often struggles to get three stars in our wars.
    Let me know how it goes!

...so how did you decipher/discover this technique?
    - 99% wes
    Level 140 | TH10 | 50/250 Zaps | Level 25 BK, Level 24 AQ | 550 War Stars
    Find me in (#8P8J9C0V)