Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: CW Tactics -- TH8 -- 105 Dragoon Attack Style

Paul, Lunatic, fPlant

Lunatic -- High five! Thanks for the kudos.

fPlant -- Typically you can figure out how the huts can be worked into your attack line/cuts -- start the cut drag(s) at the huts. Depends on the layout. Also using the BK can get down another. We rarely see huts/time being the issue w/ Dragoon attacks like 105.

Paul -- feel free to upload to youtube and post a link. That seems to work best.
    Last edited by Wryhorn; March 10th, 2015 at 02:04 AM.
    Subscribe to my youtube channel (http://youtube.com/jtjuniversity) for more details like the one above.
    - Chief Wryhorn Leader of JTJ (#2R9RCV9V); Level 143, TH10, 91-9-1 in clan wars as of 03/27/15.

Email for wry --> jtjclan@gmail.com. Wry's twitter --> @wryhorn. Clan website --> jtjclan.com

Banned
    wryorn Thank a lot a lot lot and alot man i became the best attacker of my clan just because of you thank you again.
    your videos are very detailed and those background music are awesome it kinda add more energy to you videos. I just 3 stared a max ad th8 with lv2 dragon using 813 loon with rage and heal 105 style

Banned
    bro plz can i do just one war in your clan, My current clan has taken a bit break from war, i feel boring farming farming farming so just one war?

Guest Wars -- Typically No

Quote Originally Posted by RakeNoris View Post
    bro plz can i do just one war in your clan, My current clan has taken a bit break from war, i feel boring farming farming farming so just one war?
    Rake, JTJ is full time trying to evolve members for the long term haul to being awesome. So usually we don't have a free slot that isn't taken by someone that wants in long term. If there is an opening feel free to apply asking for a "JTJU Sub Guest War" and we'll see.

Glad the tactics vids are helping.

Wry
    Subscribe to my youtube channel (http://youtube.com/jtjuniversity) for more details like the one above.
    - Chief Wryhorn Leader of JTJ (#2R9RCV9V); Level 143, TH10, 91-9-1 in clan wars as of 03/27/15.

Email for wry --> jtjclan@gmail.com. Wry's twitter --> @wryhorn. Clan website --> jtjclan.com

Banned
    Thank you wryhorn
    so can i apply for your jtjsub guest war.
    i would be very thankful if you can please tell me when is you next clan war?

Applications are unlimited

Quote Originally Posted by RakeNoris View Post
    Thank you wryhorn
    so can i apply for your jtjsub guest war.
    i would be very thankful if you can please tell me when is you next clan war?
    Apply away, however no promises you'll get in (the admitters check you for certain aspects -- def/troop level, etc.).

Trainee
    For triangle type AD placement base such as the one on your video at 06:00, how do you tell whether you should attack starting from 6 o'clock V shape or 6-3 o'clock Line?

In my previous war against a maxed th8, I went with the line deploy by cutting both sides and release drags at mid to the 2 AD and balloons behind, nearest to the last AD and it worked well with 5 drags left but almost all are red hp.
    However, if the CC balloons did not engage the last AD behind maybe due to being lured by a defense building on the other side, it might not work so I'm wondering if V shape deploy is safer as all 3 AD are closer to the drags.

As for spells, in what scenario do you use 2 Rage over Heal>Heal>Rage?
    Last edited by harahyuna; March 19th, 2015 at 11:54 AM.

L versus V

Quote Originally Posted by harahyuna View Post
    For triangle type AD placement base such as the one on your video at 06:00, how do you tell whether you should attack starting from 6 o'clock V shape or 6-3 o'clock Line?

In my previous war against a maxed th8, I went with the line deploy by cutting both sides and release drags at mid to the 2 AD and balloons behind, nearest to the last AD and it worked well with 5 drags left but almost all are red hp.
    However, if the CC balloons did not engage the last AD behind maybe due to being lured by a defense building on the other side, it might not work so I'm wondering if V shape deploy is safer as all 3 AD are closer to the drags.

As for spells, in what scenario do you use 2 Rage over Heal>Heal>Rage?
    The video @ six minutes in shows a "L" layout to the ADs where they are at right angles and equally separated. In that case the decision of which line is based on which line is 'easiest' for the drags to settle into the gutshot position drives the choice. Which one has easier cuts? Which one triggers the CC with the proper timing so its engaged just prior to gutshot position or right at it? Which one has less speed bumps (high health buildings in the path). Beyond that I would have to markup a specific base to comment on pathing.

2 heals and a rage is what we typically use. Some go w/ double rage -- but if you are doing that 99 Dragoon is probably what you should be doing.

Wry

Level 5 Balloons?

I am in a clan where the highest guys and most of them are th 8's. I am one of the higher members and frequently have to attack bases with level 6 AD's. Could this work with level 5 loons instead of 6? If not what other strategies do you recommend I do?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by akallday15 View Post
    I am in a clan where the highest guys and most of them are th 8's. I am one of the higher members and frequently have to attack bases with level 6 AD's. Could this work with level 5 loons instead of 6? If not what other strategies do you recommend I do?
    I'm certain Wry will give you his thoughts, but from my perspective...ugh...

Just think of how significant the upgrade from L4 loons to L5 was loons. The jump from L5 to L6 is just as big!!

(It's actually a tad bigger, but the difference is insignificant)

I wouldn't have too much of a problem blasting into AD5s (& lower) with L5 loons, but you'll want everything you got heading into AD6s. Even then, AD666 is just a ♥♥♥♥ shoot it seems...

Hogs or, last resort..GoWipe would be my alternatives
    Last edited by Lunaticfringe; March 25th, 2015 at 08:13 PM.