Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: [ULTIMATE COMPILATION] The Best TH9 Farming/Trophy/War Bases with 4 Mortars

Is it acceptable to post bases that were submitted in other farming/trophy threads before the halloween update? I only ask because I'm sure there are still plenty of folks using variants of them. Or is this going to be brand new stuff?

I hope the designs are for 4 mortars....not simply mod a popular base and say its a 4 mortar base.

The functions of the mortar are as such:
    http://clashofclans.wikia.com/wiki/Mortar

It needs to cover 4 sides of the base (core and outside), or either one or 2 for the core, 2 for outside

Or for Visual Example:

Good Coverage against Troops in the Core and outside Barch:

Not this: Simply put a Mortar in between those Gaps (which was suppose to be for a Trap, bomb or tesla) and say its the ultimate Setup......
    (Unless you design the trick base for Such things)

Anyway, love to see new concepts bases and Keep it up guys
    Last edited by azbro; October 25th, 2014 at 05:52 PM.
    Nick: azbro1234 - TH10 -LvL100 +

Quote Originally Posted by shmeeg View Post
    Is it acceptable to post bases that were submitted in other farming/trophy threads before the halloween update? I only ask because I'm sure there are still plenty of folks using variants of them. Or is this going to be brand new stuff?
    Well, since its new, and most ppl prefer to farm to upgrade them...its gonna take a few weeks to get it to max lvl depending on the TH. In the mean time, most ppl will just use the 3 mortar layout and put the 4th somewhere outside.

If you use the 4 mortar layout, and have a low lvl mortar, or one that is non functioning (due to upgrading), raider will see this as a weakness in your base and strike at that side.

So for me its best to this use the older 3 mortar design and just upgrade the 4th mortar somewhere outside...that also cound be use to lure Giants and Golems into a different direction to a trap, splash or Skeleton Trap....etc

Its the same for upgrading anything else, you will surely adjust your defense structures to cover those being upgraded.
    Last edited by azbro; October 25th, 2014 at 06:04 PM.
    Nick: azbro1234 - TH10 -LvL100 +

Quote Originally Posted by azbro View Post
    Well, since its new, and most ppl prefer to farm to upgrade them...its gonna take a few weeks to get it to max lvl depending on the TH. In the mean time, most ppl will just use the 3 mortar layout and put the 4th somewhere outside.

If you use the 4 mortar layout, and have a low lvl mortar, or one that is non functioning (due to upgrading), raider will see this as a weakness in your base and strike at that side.

So for me its best to this use the older 3 mortar design and just upgrade the 4th mortar somewhere outside...that also cound be use to lure Giants and Golems into a different direction to a trap, splash or Skeleton Trap....etc

Its the same for upgrading anything else, you will surely adjust your defense structures to cover those being upgraded.
    Right, but what I meant was posting a 4 mortar design that was a base from one of the compilation threads before.

Quote Originally Posted by shmeeg View Post
    Right, but what I meant was posting a 4 mortar design that was a base from one of the compilation threads before.
    Preferably we are looking for new bases but updated bases are cool as long as they are your own. For instance if someone other than Peabeak posted the Ringus with 4 mortars it wouldnt be included
    Eddie-56 | Level 105 | TH9 | Proud Co Leader of FridgeRaiders | Want to join? Click my sig pic! Check out our website!
    The Eye of Sauron (TH9) | Isengard (TH9) | Making a Base Design Thread? Read this first!

eddie, my crypt of thanos can easily have the 4th mortar incorporated :P

I find a very good four mortar design. Called Krakens Crevice, looks awesome

Retired Clash of Clans Base Designer | TH9 Base Design Compilation
    Brawl Stars: 45000 Trophies Combined

Quote Originally Posted by TheShadow626 View Post
    eddie, my crypt of thanos can easily have the 4th mortar incorporated :P
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJ View Post
    I find a very good four mortar design. Called Krakens Crevice, looks awesome
    *Ahem* And where are your filled out forms gentlemen?
    Eddie-56 | Level 105 | TH9 | Proud Co Leader of FridgeRaiders | Want to join? Click my sig pic! Check out our website!
    The Eye of Sauron (TH9) | Isengard (TH9) | Making a Base Design Thread? Read this first!

Quote Originally Posted by Edster56 View Post
    *Ahem* And where are your filled out forms gentlemen?
    nope, this is why i have a pet ed.

Base Name: Eye of Sauron
    Type of Base: Labryinth
    Link: http://forum.supercell.net/showthrea...bryinth-Design
    Picture/s: Will edit in some with 4th Mortar
    Logs (if no thread): Logs in thread
    Creator: Edster56
    What it aims to defend against: Giants/Loonion

See Shad and Josh, thats all you need to do.