Page 2 of 110 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Ash's Journey to Level 40 Heroes and Dark Elixir Farming Guide

Good luck, Eternal. Go get 'em.

good luck!

It will be tedious and challenging so good luck to you.

And dont forget that you have a life outside CoC
    IGN: BwandoWando| Status: MAXING MY TH9, RETIRED (APRIL 2014- JAN 2015)
    TH: 9 | Trophy record: 2978

Best of luck.

Thank you all for your support! I will also be doing a YouTube series, documenting my progress on video and share some dark elixir farming strategies and some great replays. I've uploaded my first video, which is an introductory video. In the video, I introduce myself and the ideologies I follow as a farmer and what inspired me to strive for such a journey. Check it out if you're interested, it should inspire you too!

Stealing your loot, get back to the game.
    You've depressed me now with the figures, but good luck on your quest.

| ROBERT | Co Leader | Clan: HL WARRIOR | Level: 206| TH12|
    | Friend in Need: 100,000 + | Gold Grab: 2 Billion + |

Click here for our recruitment thread

Alt Account TH11+TH9

Centennial Club
    I think upgrading hero's to max in a pre mature base is bad idea.. You can 3 star any max th9 base if the hero's are at lev 15-20 range and balloons, hogs, pekka maxed.. Bcuz th9 got a tons of upgrade with a high price tag.. I recommend to upgrade hero's and walls at last .. That's what all the farmers do ... Or it will be frustrated farming dark daily.. In a max base most of the attackers do is just zap DE.. If you got a weak base they gonna take 2.5k every 12hrs.. If you break the shield you will loose more.. Think again

Quote Originally Posted by Digvijaydheeru View Post
    I think upgrading hero's to max in a pre mature base is bad idea.. You can 3 star any max th9 base if the hero's are at lev 15-20 range and balloons, hogs, pekka maxed.. Bcuz th9 got a tons of upgrade with a high price tag.. I recommend to upgrade hero's and walls at last .. That's what all the farmers do ... Or it will be frustrated farming dark daily.. In a max base most of the attackers do is just zap DE.. If you got a weak base they gonna take 2.5k every 12hrs.. If you break the shield you will loose more.. Think again
    Please watch the full video before making that judgment.

How is it a bad idea for me to upgrade my heroes and walls? Please elaborate. All my storage are always full, so am I to do nothing with them? I can make 8 million gold and elixir in a day, no problem if someone takes only a few to give a 12 hour shield. I'll gladly pay someone a small percentage of my loot for a shield. Besides, that's only if I'm generous. Usually I just dump all my gold and elix into walls whenever I have a builder freed.

Do I care if people constantly take 2500 DE? No man, I could care less. As I've said on the video, I average 40k DE on a slow day. I'll be more than happy about getting a free shield!

And I don't do clan wars, so you can't categorize me there either.

What I can tell you is that I'm no ordinary CoC player, the conventional rules for the average player does not apply to me. I like being categorized as a hardcore farmer. And for hardcore farmers, they can do whatever they want without worries because loot isn't an issue for them.

Please ponder more on this subject. Also consider that I was to max out my defenses, I would have to constantly wait with full storages until a builder is free. Why waste time when I am someone that can farm all level 11 walls by the time I max out my defenses. Think about it.

Don't do the mistake I did. Do your upgrades like this:
    2 builders for defenses
    2 builders for heroes
    1 builder free for walls

I wish I could go back in time and do the same.
    LEVEL: 156 | Leader of Kingz of Azia | IGN: Guy | Trophy Record: 4685
    Gold Grab: 1.8b+| Heroic Heist: 7.5m+| Level 38 king and level 37 queen
    Full lego walls (25/9/14), Full lava walls (28/12/14), Full zap walls
    Started my farming journey on Christmas 2013
    Official Youtube Channel of Kingz of Azia

Quote Originally Posted by israelclasher View Post
    Don't do the mistake I did. Do your upgrades like this:
    2 builders for defenses
    2 builders for heroes
    1 builder free for walls

I wish I could go back in time and do the same.
    That is what I'm doing, except for 1 free builder. I don't like the idea of keeping any builders idle. Time is money/loot, I would rather lose a few hundred of thousands resource than to keep a builder idle when I could be upgrading my defenses at a faster rate. As of course loot isn't an issue for me. Besides I don't lose much from raids because I plan ahead of time on what I'm upgrading. Meaning I'm aware exactly when my builder will be free and when I can dump my resource into a new upgrade or walls. I keep each upgrade in separate times. It's foolish to do 5 upgrades that all end at the same day. I avoid that with careful planning. In fact I have an excel document with a list of all the current upgrades and upgrades I will be doing in the future, with a timer for each upgrade.

Check the the second post of this thread. I share some of my farming ideologies that allow me to farm at such a fast time.
    Last edited by Eternal625; October 23rd, 2014 at 11:50 PM.

New Guy
    Good luck man! Hope it works out for you. Best of luck, will be following this post!!!