View Poll Results: Which version is better?

Voters
313. You may not vote on this poll
  • V1.0

82 26.20%
  • V2.0

46 14.70%
  • V3.0 tba

185 59.11%
Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: TH9 War Base - The General™

Millennial Club

TH9 War Base - The General™

"Custer and all the men with him were killed at the Battle of the Little Bighorn in 1876, fighting against a coalition of Native American tribes in a battle that has come to be popularly known in American history as "Custer's Last Stand."

Intro

I designed this base looking to create a base that could hold up against the popular forms of attacks we see in war such as:

Mass Hogs
    Mass Drags
    GowiXX
    Loonion

I have nicknamed my base "The General" because like Custer this is where all the attackers will bring their troops to make their last stand.

I am not going to lay out in detail the specifics of the base other than I have placed my cc/heroes where I believe they can be the most utilized for and not against me by skilled attackers.

I usually get attacked by TH10's in wars so I attempted to design the base to limit to 1 star 2 star max, I have yet to be 3 starred by TH10.

BPS's Shoutouts - People who have tested the base or helped in improving the base
    Sons
    Manga1614
    JB17
    Israel Clasher
    PickledJaw
    Ulix
    Cbrindisi
    Querti
    TheShadow626

The General™
    V3.1 Post Halloween Update - Courtesy of Cbrindisi

V3.0 - Variation of base by creator - 一地猪头。 http://bbs.5253.com/thread-40759851-1-1.html

V2.0

V1.0

Trophy Version

Enemy View

Base w/traps

Clan Castle Radius - Lureable

Defense Logs

1. Mass Hogs

2.Bloonion

3. GoWiXX

I do my best to respond to all posts in a timely fashion so any questions/comments are appreciated.

Defense logs from forum testers

+

Last edited by BigPapiSolis; January 13th, 2015 at 04:33 PM.
    Clan: Oklahoma 4 Wars #88L00JCC - Accepting Th9's & Up apply in-game

trap placement?

Looks really solid.

Great post. I like the layout, and the trap placement is brilliant. I might have to give this a run as soon as I get some of my defenses upgraded (I'm a newer th9). I would love to hear anyone else's feedback if you try it out.

Looks like a good base but is there a way to make the clan castle Unlureable or at least only our able with a hog.

Also, please post CC radius, other than that looks good. I'll get Eddie to add it to the Trophy And War base thread

Retired Clash of Clans Base Designer | TH9 Base Design Compilation
    Brawl Stars: 45000 Trophies Combined

I agree with theJ... the CC is probably the most important defense, especially since you get to keep it filled always.

Can you show us the CC radius on your current layout?

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJ View Post
    Looks like a good base but is there a way to make the clan castle Unlureable or at least only our able with a hog.

Also, please post CC radius, other than that looks good. I'll get Eddie to add it to the Trophy And War base thread
    I've gone back and forth with the unlureable CC and based on where I am ranked in my clan and consistently getting attacked by TH10's. (We have 9 TH10's and I am 2nd ranked TH9) Here's why I decided not to:

Good attackers were using CC against me to get to TH by pulling troops to core. Where I have it now people either spend valuable time luring and killing CC(1 witch 3 wizards 6 archers) or they attack straight up and troops meet up right at exterior wall or just outside of it.

If they lure/kill cc troops with a GOwiXX it normally leads to golems going forward and the witches/wizards going around the exterior of base.

*added photo with CC radius
    Last edited by BigPapiSolis; September 22nd, 2014 at 08:54 PM.

About how many times per war are you being attacked?

I have been longing for a 1-star base for a while now since it's pretty much a given that minimizing your stars given up at the top end of the clan is the key.

I like what you've done a lot.

I was wondering if i'd be able to visit your clan sometime and check out some replays and chat for like a half a day or something?

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by BigPapiSolis View Post
    I've gone back and forth with the unlureable CC and based on where I am ranked in my clan and consistently getting attacked by TH10's. (We have 9 TH10's and I am 2nd ranked TH9) Here's why I decided not to:

Good attackers were using CC against me to get to TH by pulling troops to core. Where I have it now people either spend valuable time luring and killing CC(1 witch 3 wizards 6 archers) or they attack straight up and troops meet up right at exterior wall or just outside of it.

If they lure/kill cc troops with a GOwiXX it normally leads to golems going forward and the witches/wizards going around the exterior of base.

*added photo with CC radius
    Sounds very plausible. But still not sure if this "normally" you speak of, doesn't only count for average attackers.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by JosSi View Post
    Sounds very plausible. But still not sure if this "normally" you speak of, doesn't only count for average attackers.
    I would agree with that. By designing the base where I feel it needs a GowiXX to be successful I try to limit most "normal or inexperienced attackers" to a defend or a 1 star.

Whereas "an experienced GowiXX attacker" especially TH10's I try to limit to 1 star 2 star max.

Most of us know how hard it is to defend against a heavy ground attack at TH9 without infernos. I personally would rather see mass drags or mass hogs.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Defeater View Post
    About how many times per war are you being attacked?

I have been longing for a 1-star base for a while now since it's pretty much a given that minimizing your stars given up at the top end of the clan is the key.

I like what you've done a lot.

I was wondering if i'd be able to visit your clan sometime and check out some replays and chat for like a half a day or something?
    I didn't use to get attacked much at all except by drags/hogs, until recently we added 4 new TH10's 2 who are completely maxed. This led to tougher matchups and more TH10's in enemy clan attacking down.

I got attacked 4 times last war normally 2-3 times when I do get attacked. I might be able to get you in but we are currently not open to new members as we are holding spots.