Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Water Defense: A new way to spice things up in CoC

Cool Water Defense: A new way to spice things up in CoC

I have an idea for the beach with water located at the bottom left part of the village: Water Defense!

You could extend your base by building platforms on the water, and then placing your buildings on those platforms. There would be only a certain number of platforms you could build.

Docks/Platforms
    Each Town Hall, starting at Town Hall 5 or 6 could gain docks and platforms. These docks and platforms could be built to extend your village into the water. Docks could be one large 4x4 platform, and platforms could be 2x2. You could then place your important buildings e.g. Town Hall, storages, etc. on these docks and platforms to protect them from normal troops. The only troops that could reach these platforms would be flying units (Balloons and Dragons), ranged units (Archers and Wizards), and new water units (read below). Here are some ways you could configure your water defense:

This could be one long strip of platforms.

This could be used like a dock. Another way to arrange the platforms.

Dark Elixir Rig - A way to make water defense useful

The Dark Elixir Rig would be like an oil rig in the ocean, only working in the water at least 5 tiles out from the shore. It works like a Dark Elixir Pump, but gets 3x the Dark Elixir per hour! Let me know what you think about this idea!

Water Defensive Buildings: Harpoon

The Harpoon could be a defensive building that works sort of like the crossbow, but much slower shooting. It could target water units or ground units, just like the crossbow can target ground and air units.
    Stats: (All Lvl1)
    Damage per Second-18
    Damage per Shot-14
    HP-450
    Range-9
    Attack Speed-0.8s
    Size-3x3
    Quantity- TH5 has 1 harpoon, TH6 gets 1 extra harpoon, TH7 gets no extra harpoon, TH8 gets 1 extra harpoon, and TH9 gets no extra harpoon, adding up to 3 harpoons available.

Water Traps: Mines

These mines could be placed in the water, acting like bombs which are triggered by water units only.
    Stats:
    Damage-25
    Cost-300 gold
    Size-1x1
    Blast Radius-3 tiles
    Trigger Radius-1.5 tiles
    Quantity- TH5 has 2 mines, TH6 gets 2 extra mines, TH7 gets no extra mines, TH8 gets 1 extra mine, and TH9 gets 1 extra mine, adding up to a total of 6 mines available.

Fish Nets

These fish nets would be like spring traps in the water, acting as an instant death to a group of water units. There would be a limited number of these available, or else Water Defense would be too easy to defend with so many traps scattered around.
    Stats:
    Damage-1000(15 troop capacity)
    Cost-2,200 gold
    Size-1x1
    Blast Radius-1
    Trigger Radius-0.7 tiles
    Quantity- TH5 has one net, TH6 gets 1 extra net, TH7 gets no extra nets, TH8 gets 1 extra net, and TH9 gets no extra net, adding up to a total of 3 fish nets available.

Water Spells: Tidal Wave

Total Damage-320
    Damage per Wave-80 for first two, 160 for third.
    Number of Waves-3
    Cost-15,000 gold
    Time to Create-30m
    Range-5 tiles wide from furthest part of water to shore, then 10 tiles onto land.
    Spell Factory Required- Spell Factory Level 1

The Tidal Wave spell would only be effective in the water, but could cause great damage. At the point of where you call the spell in on one of the tiles, the spell well effect two tiles above and two tiles below the tile you called the spell in. There would be a series of waves in which the first two waves would do a good amount of damage, but the third and final wave would cause double the damage from the first two waves. The waves would start from the very edge of the water boundary, and continue on until the waves hit the shore, then continue on for increased effectiveness onto the land for 10 tiles. There could also be an added ability to the spell where it also washes away any traps within the affected area, but that might make the spell a little OP. Let me know what you think!

Water Buildings: Water Barracks

Picture Credit: AngrehBard
    The Water Barracks will be used to queue water troops for attacking bases with Water Defense. As I think of new water troops, I will add more information.
    Water Barracks Level 1- Tentacle
    Water Barracks Level 2- Salamander
    Water Barracks Level 3- Electric Eel
    Water Barracks Level 4- Whale
    Water Barracks Level 5- Undertow

Water Barracks Level 6- Hydra

Water Troops: Tentacle

Damage per Second-7
    Housing Space-1
    Training Time-35s
    Movement Speed-35 in water, 25 on land.
    HP-40
    Training Cost-80 elixir
    Water Barracks Level Required-Level 1

The tentacle can slither on the ocean floor or on land. It spins around whipping its tentacles at its target. More like a barbarian-goblin mix, but mainly in the water.

Salamander (Help from CharlosTheGreat)

Damage per Second-9
    Housing Space-2
    Training Time-25s
    Movement Speed-23 in water, 17 on land.
    HP-60
    Training Cost-30 elixir
    Water Barracks Level Required-Level 2

Since the salamander is an amphibian, it can walk on land and swim in the water!
    It would be a unique addition to Clash of Clans, while improving the idea of Water Defense. SuperCell could of course improve the look from the picture above, like make it a bright red color and look more menacing.

Electric Eel - Credit from ryskew

Damage per Second-7
    Housing Space-1
    Training Time-25s
    Movement Speed-24
    HP-20
    Training Cost-50
    Range-3.5 tiles
    Water Barracks Level Required-Level 3

The electric eel would be the Archer equivalent in the water. It would swim near a building, and start zapping it with a ranged shock attack. Low health would make sure it does not become OP. The electric eel could also attack buildings near the shore.

Whale

Damage per Second-12
    Housing Space-5
    Training Time-2m
    Movement Speed-12
    HP-320
    Training Cost-520 elixir
    Water Barracks Level Required-Level 4

The whale could act just like the giant: a tank in the water. If there are new water troops, a tank-like unit needs to be there. Very similar stats to a giant. Of course it can only move in the water.

Undertow - Credit from ryskew

Spongebob....hehe.
    Stats:
    (All Lvl1)
    Damage per Second-200
    Housing Space-6
    Training Time-2.5m
    Movement Speed-8
    HP-35
    Training Cost-1,000 elixir
    Water Barracks Level Required-Level 5

Undertow is a deep sea diver that could be a devastating troop if used strategically. Undertow does massive damage with a slow speed just like the Pekka, but lacks greatly in HP. This troop could only be spawned in the water, and when in the water it first targets defensive buildings. Once defensive buildings in the water are taken out, it targets all other buildings in the water. After no more buildings remain in the water, it heads toward the shore and goes for any buildings on land. Undertow walks on the bottom of the sea floor, so it can only be targeted by defensive buildings when it emerges to attack. Mines could still be triggered by Undertow, but Fish Nets wouldn't work because this troop is so heavy.

Hydra - Credit from rocko

Damage per Second-120
    Housing Space-20
    Training Time-30m
    Movement Speed-15
    HP-1,800
    Training Cost-22,000
    Water Barracks Level Required-Level 6

The Hydra, a mythical creature from the depths of the ocean, is a three-headed beast that has the ability to also walk on land. This creature is unique in many ways. It will start off having 1 head and each time he is upgrade it will develop a another head. Each head is divided up in health equally, making the defense have to eliminate all the heads to kill the Hydra. Ex: 1,800 HP and 3 heads = 600 HP per head. The defense must target each head individually, maximizing the Hydra's utilization of its multiple heads.

Here are some reviews so SuperCell can see how much support is in this idea:
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigtooth78 View Post
    You could extend the water by digging a moat as well. I like the water coming into play
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonels View Post
    This is interesting. All the other water ideas have not been very good, but this one is great.
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlosTheGreat View Post
    One of the best ideas yet! This idea is amazing because it is something I could actually afford(being lvl 58). Having like a dock or series of connecting docks and floating defenses that only archers, wizards, or a swimming troop could reach. Or a pier with buildings on it. Also digging 1 square in of water for a decent price to expand water village. Great idea! I'll think of a troop idea!
    Quote Originally Posted by Djb View Post
    Great idea.
    i would like it if you could have a false platform eg. Spring trap
    Still a great idea though
    The Fish Net has been added (like the spring trap).
    Quote Originally Posted by Markoolio View Post
    I like all the ideas!
    Marky the Tarsier sez:
    "Woah! Those picture look real! Nice 3D photos!"
    Quote Originally Posted by BugCrew View Post
    Today I've seen some of the best posts, but this idea takes the cake. The only thing I don't agree with is the platforms/docks.
    He later said he began to like the platforms/docks idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by CoCJunkie View Post
    Really cool ideas man! I hope SC sees this post!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLegendary View Post
    "I'm speechless"this is one of the best ideas yet
    Quote Originally Posted by EliavSaban View Post
    Sounds super cool for me I hope they do something about it
    Quote Originally Posted by KL597 View Post
    Great!
    i hope your idea can be implemented into the game sometime soon, keep up the great work!
    Quote Originally Posted by BDP View Post
    I love it
    i hope supercell strongly consider it as you have put in so much thought and effort
    Quote Originally Posted by kartonhoofd View Post
    Really like the idea man. Supercell should really do something with the water.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmoney View Post
    Awesome idea! I really hope this comes true!!
    Quote Originally Posted by PabloEstrada View Post
    This is a sexy idea thumbs up
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneMountain64 View Post
    Well executed plan and ideas, I have been talking about this with clan members for a long time now!!! The water has gotta be utilized!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackar View Post
    dude, this is the most thought out, beast, amazing, creative idea i have seen! I totally support it and i hope supercell does it soon! Good job man on thinking about this!
    Credit and Help: AngrehBard, Djb and Coletraincole. Much thanks to CharlosTheGreat. Immense thanks from ryskew for his help and support!

I think this would be a great idea for Clash of Clans, to spice things up a bit and maybe add some creativity to your base designs. I am planning on making this a continuous thread, as I want to keep adding more and more ideas as I go. Please leave your feedback and remember to keep checking back for more updates!

Please note: For all my new troops, spells, buildings, etc. that I think of, I check the Clash of Clans Wiki to make sure everything I put out there is balanced enough so that it could be implemented into the game and not break it or take away from other aspects of the game.

Also, I am not a big fan of the pirate ship-related ideas, as I think this would turn Clash of Clans into Clash of Pirates, so I will never add anything like that into this main post. Thank you!
    Last edited by TheKnight; May 21st, 2013 at 06:15 PM.
    Please check out my highly supported, popular new idea for Clash of Clans, Water Defense! BOOM!
    Preferred trophy ranges for regular farming and DE farming:BOOM!
    Check out this thread for the dumbest things people did when they started Clash of Clans: BOOM!

Like it

You could extend the water by digging a moat as well. I like the water coming into play

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtooth78 View Post
    If you don't mind I am going to quote this and possibly other replies.
    Please check out my highly supported, popular new idea for Clash of Clans, Water Defense! BOOM!
    Check out this thread for the dumbest things people did when they started Clash of Clans: BOOM!

This is interesting. All the other water ideas have not been very good, but this one is great.
    IGN: Coloniel Sanders

Brilliant!

One of the best ideas yet! This idea is amazing because it is something I could actually afford(being lvl 58). Having like a dock or series of connecting docks and floating defenses that only archers, wizards, or a swimming troop could reach. Or a pier with buildings on it. Also digging 1 square in of water for a decent price to expand water village. Great idea! I'll think of a troop idea!

Thanks! I will try to think of a troop too. Hopefully we can think of something great to improve this idea for SuperCell.

Here's my Idea for the troop, however I can't think of a good name and swimmer soounds too normAl

damage per second:17 (x2 for water defenses)
    health:87
    speed:15 on land,25 in water
    housing space:2
    summond out of dark elixir, the ________ is a unique unit that utalizes its special webbed hands and feet. Whilst attacking it claws at its target 1 time a second. It can be deployed either in water or on land. In order for it to target a water defense, it can either swim directly up to it or climb on the dock and walk up to it
    it it is about the size of a archer, and is scaley and pale green. Having a tail, webbed hands and feet

Here's my Idea for the troop, however I can't think of a good name and swimmer soounds too normAl

damage per second:17 (x2 for water defenses)
    health:87
    speed:15 on land,25 in water
    housing space:2
    summond out of dark elixir, the ________ is a unique unit that utalizes its special webbed hands and feet. Whilst attacking it claws at its target 1 time a second. It can be deployed either in water or on land. In order for it to target a water defense, it can either swim directly up to it or climb on the dock and walk up to it
    it it is about the size of a archer, and is scaley and pale green. Having a tail, webbed hands and feet
    I think its great! Check out what I edited for the salamander idea. I did some research on barbarian and goblin stats, and the stats for your troop sound pretty balanced, although the 87 health for Level 1 is double a barbarian, so I was thinking maybe 60 health. Also, since placing your defenses in water somehow should become available sooner than when you get Dark Elixir at TH7, I think it should be 30 elixir for Level 1.

The thing about the health is it would take up spaces so I think around 80 health is reasonable. Also it would be great if it was available at say barracks lvl 7 and the whole water thing started at say th 6, and u unlocked more docks each town hall. I agree about it being normal elixir, but it seems like they are only making troops for dark elixir now, and its already need impossible in terms of money to unlock them. I think this water thing would be good because it would give a new thing for lower th levels. And the damage on the unit isn't incredibablly high, but times two against water units is good because it will force it to be used mostly for water. Also a trap like fish net that can capture 10 space o swimming or a whirlpool that brings in 10 space. Also, a raft that is a 3x3 floating place where u can place land defenses on

Thumbs Up

Great idea.
    i would like it if you could have a false platform eg. Spring trap
    Still a great idea though