View Poll Results: Ice Phoenix: What to change?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nothing: Good as is!

45 69.23%
  • Nerf Some things (Comment Below)

6 9.23%
  • Boost Some Things (Comment Below)

4 6.15%
  • A combination of the Two (Comment Below)

4 6.15%
  • Scrap the Project and Start from Scratch (Post reasons Below)

6 9.23%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Ice Phoenix

Ice Phoenix

So my idea goes as follows,

The ice phoenix would be a troop that targets defenses primarily (stay with me here, i know hogs giants and golems all do this already) However deal no damage whatsoever. Instead the phoenix will phase through defense structures, temporarily freezing them only while the Phoenix is phasing through it. The phoenix will make a small circle about maybe three or four tiles, to let the Defense still get attacks through target the same defense.

Edit: The Speed of the Pheonix renders the freezing for a short period of time, literally less than 2-3 seconds if my estimates on the movement speed is right vs the size of defenses. Also, apparently there is some confusion regarding the targeting of the IP, The phoenix will stay locked onto the same defense until it is destroyed by other troops. Like the healer, if it is the last troop standing, the battle will automatically end as it cannot deal damage by itself. Like Hogs and Balloons, If all defenses are down, then they are free to target CC troops and heroes as their AI allows them to, (Defenses>Heroes and CC troops> Other Buildings)

Optimally, the phoenix will go for like cannons or wizard towers that have a quick attack speed minimizing the number of shots that it can get off before the giants and hogs reach it. The worst case scenario would be that it would "Freeze" a mortar, where the Attack speed is so slow, the phoenix would be useless.

Stats:
    Level 1
    Name of Troop: Ice Phoenix
    Training Cost (DE):150 DE
    Troop Type: Air
    Training Time: 25min
    Housing Space: 20
    Damage per second: 0
    Hit Points: 350 (Because this Troop is made of Ice, Inferno Towers do 1.5 times Damage against it)
    Movement Speed: 12
    Upgrade Cost: N/A
    Ability: When this troop dies, It will descend to the defensive tower that it is attacking and form glaciers around the tower and decrease firing speed by 1.5x (so a level 5 mortar fires every seven and a half seconds and at a lower DPS to compensate for the damage gain)

Level 2
    Training Cost (DE):170 DE
    Hit Points: 400 (Because this Troop is made of Ice, Inferno Towers do 1.5 times Damage against it)
    Upgrade Cost: 65,000 DE
    Time: 10 Days
    Lab Level Required: 9

Level 3
    Training Cost (DE):200 DE
    Hit Points: 475 (Because this Troop is made of Ice, Inferno Towers do 1.5 times Damage against it)
    Upgrade Cost: 75,000 DE
    Time: 12 Days
    Lab Level Required: 9

Description

This beast of the North, has the unique ability to become a freezing mist! Call down Its power and watch your opponents Defense freeze before it!

New Stuff- Due to the new format that Anoushka put up while I was away,
    - What makes this unit/spell unique compared to the other units/spells in the game

This unit is different from other troops in the game in the sense that like all other DE troops, it has a unique ability that mirrors a spell, but at the same time does not render the spell obsolete. Ie: healer mirrors heal spell, but the healing power of the spell and range make it much better than a Healer's small range and the fact that being a troop, it can die.
    - What kind of strategies this new unit would enable (concrete examples are best)

This Unit would allow for more spells to be used at higher levels. No longer will Th10s have to bring multiple freeze spells to slow enemy defenses, they could alternatively use Rage or Heal to preserve their troops, or make them bigger, faster, stronger.

Also, with the rise of Quattro Lava Loonion and its variants becoming one of the dominating attack strats at higher levels, this would add a new twist to the Fiery Theme of the attack (Purely Cosmetic)
    - What kind of army composition includes this unit or, how it could combine with other units for more advanced strategies

WiLD Ice
    2 Lava Hounds-60 Troop space
    5-10 Ice Phoenix-60-120 Troop Space
    Rest Witches/wiz/archers and Hogs/loons/Drags.

Add in rage and 2 Healing, freeze

There you go. Instant troop comp that would utilize the tankiness of the Lava hound, the ability of the Ice Phoenix, The Targeting system of the Loons, and the Troop spawn of the Witch or the High DPS of Drags or Wizards.
    Only thing is that, that troop comp is hella expensive on DE.

- How someone could redo their base to protect against attacks from this unit

If it were up to me (Though i would never face this troop for the foreseeable future) i would make it so that Air Defenses are Centralized, AQ and CC in the Center Compartment (depending on farming/war base setup) and Infernos and X-Bows are on the middle ring of defenses, surrounded by Storages. I would then make a routing ring for the Loons to follow around the outside of the base, meaning that the loons would either separate into two different groups then circle to each defense while being wailed on by Infernos and X-Bows, or clump together and circle the base as a mass blob. The Ice Phoenix would follow the loons, rather than the Lava Hounds and take its time around the base. Traps would be set up by the AD so that Hounds can take the grunt of the damage. CC troops would be Wizards, Dragons, Archers etc. The higher Damage troops with and AI of Any would be sent to help support the Defense targeting troops and circle the base, however they might be pulled into the center thru CC troops and Heroes. GB/bombs and Springs will help take care of Wizards and witches, however Dragons will have to be taken down via AQ or CC troops faster than the Dragon can target them.

Anyways Comment any and all feedback as it is all welcome. Thanks for reading
    Hi-Fliya
    Last edited by HiFliya; February 13th, 2015 at 05:04 PM. Reason: added ability, Nerfed stats regarding OP uses, Added New Levels and Other stuff in descriptions

Hey! This is a pretty good idea! I'm thinking of something like that. Thumbs up from me!:-D

Thanks For the Input! Anybody else have any comments or concerns?

I think that's an awesome idea! Not over powering, defenses still have the opportunity, hit points are low enough that it's fair, troop space makes sense.

Maybe due to such low hit points and that it circles, it's "undetectable by seaking air bombs/mines" due to the face it's ice.

I may be over doing the thought but, on the ice note, maybe teslas do only 3/4 or 1/2 damage because water (ice) is a conductor. Would also help make up for the fact an air defense takes it out so quickly.

Love the idea man

Thanks for the input! Appreciate it! Seeing as how the Minion already has the ability to be undetectable to Seeking air mines, i thought that this one needed a separate ability. As for the Tesla 2x damage, since the Inferno Tower is Already a beast on Defense, i didnt want to make this troop too weak that no body would consider using this if too many towers had advantages over it. Overall thanks for reading!

Love the idea, hope it gets implemented!

Good idea

It is a good idea

Thumbs Up Hello HiFliya ;)

Hello! It is a good idea that would partly replace the fate of freezes... but who would be well worth =)
    Good luck,
    Googix

good idea

The idea is well balanced. Butdwiencko17 said: that hidden teslas do partial damge because ice is a conductor. Well metal is a conductor and the pekkas is made of metal which means that the hidden tesla would do more damage just like it does to the pekka.

Quote Originally Posted by corbin14 View Post
    The idea is well balanced. Butdwiencko17 said: that hidden teslas do partial damge because ice is a conductor. Well metal is a conductor and the pekkas is made of metal which means that the hidden tesla would do more damage just like it does to the pekka.
    Technically speaking, water by itself does not conduct electricity. It would need something else dissolved into it to make it conductive

Town Hall: 8 l GG: 100mil EE:100mil l HH 109k l
    Ice Phoenix: Vote/Comment Please!
    Thanks To InfinityGFX for the Sig!
    SC Responses to Current Requests: UG Heroes in War l Zapping