Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Please read before requesting for gfx work!

Trying to escape to a land where people do not exist

Please read before requesting for gfx work!

Please leave your drama somewhere else, NOT THIS THREAD. If you have something negative to say, dont say it here. Theres hardly ever mods in creative so its up to us to keep things from getting nasty and potentially getting an artist's shop closed because of unwanted drama! With that being said:

Unfortunately, we've seen a few forum members who request for sigs or other graphics work and ask other artists for the same thing. They either do this for a few reasons:
    -They want multiple sigs done for them to choose which is best to their liking.
    -They weren't sure if an artist was making it or wasnt satisfied with the time span it was being created.
    -They want multiple sigs to switch between
    -They didnt like what was created for them and decided to scrap the artist's work and get something else.

I hope everyone knows, sigs and other graphics work is NOT something done in a quick few minutes for no reason. Us GFX artists love making graphics for the public on these forums to help practicing our work and make these forums a much more creative place! Wether you are a new or older artist here, all work done is appreciated. Unfortunately, a lot of great artists have retired from these forums. Id personally not like to see anymore leave.

This has always been an unspoken rule but I feel it needs to be spoken and said up front:
    We, as artists, work very hard by putting our own personal time into making everyone art who requests. We dont appreciate it when you scrap our work or tell ANY artist that they did not put their full effort in what they made you. It insults us ALL when you say you can make something better, by all means attempt it. If you can and post it in this sub forum for us to post our CnC(comments and critique) youll gladly be respected if you created something awesome!

Please realize we look into other artist's shops to ensure that multiple requests arent being requested. They are not invisible to us. And we all wont stand for you bashing an artist's work and attempting to get something else. Dont get yourself banned from most graphics shops and just respect the work thats done for you! After a few weeks, ask the artist to take a completely new idea at another sig. Remember: the more specific you are, the more itll look how you imagined it to! If you give us a bare minimum of detail, expect us to take our own personal style on your request! Thats the point of choosing a specific artists and shop to create your request. So please, choose wisely and look around at artists' work before choosing one. Every artist has their own personal style!

When an artist is new at making graphics and you awesomely requested a sig from them, but it may not be as AWESOME further down the line when their talents grow! Dont worry, most artists will gladly go back on work they did at the beginning to show you how much they improved.

Thanks Raw for inspiring for me to make this thread.

Thats all of the extra pennies I have laying around and my rant is now done
    Thanks for reading!
    Last edited by Ayyyyyema; September 19th, 2014 at 03:52 AM.

Raw made the dream sig <3
    Lvl84 |Th8| ??
    Read this!
    Smudge Tutorial

Thumbs Up

I totally agree with this
    1+

| Professional Graphic Designer |
    | Twitter: WhiteFFox Designs ​|

Leading the Rubber Duck Division of The Illuminati
    This needs to be made a sticky.

Town Hall:
    9 | Level: 105 |Trophy Record: 2450| War Stars Won: 123 l Clan: ​The Outsiders
    Click here for a surprise!
    Hablo Espaņol & I speak English

Quote Originally Posted by Twinklers101 View Post
    I totally agree with this
    1+
    Quote Originally Posted by FireThief View Post
    This needs to be made a sticky.
    Ive just been getting very irritated with the amount of disrespect some artists are getting. Its ridiculous and I felt it needed to be addressed after a few certain events

Glad you guys liked it though
    Last edited by Ayyyyyema; September 17th, 2014 at 06:25 AM.

Lvl84 |Th8| ??
    Read this!
    Smudge Tutorial

Because the artists are taking time out of there day to help others out and in return the get slammed at?
    As well yeah It should be a sticky!!!

| Professional Graphic Designer |
    | Twitter: WhiteFFox Designs ​|

Forum Superstar
    I don't regularly visit Creativity but I totally agree with you. People should learn to be more grateful and not blame the artist that they don't like it and scrap it.
    Retired

why aint this stickied? :P i totally agree ^.^

I agree 100%

I change my sig every 2 months, if not more. I will one day use them again.

Quote Originally Posted by DokuganR View Post
    I don't regularly visit Creativity but I totally agree with you. People should learn to be more grateful and not blame the artist that they don't like it and scrap it.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheShadow626 View Post
    why aint this stickied? :P i totally agree ^.^
    Thanks guys! Creativity has just recently become my new home on the forums and I want it to stay a none irritating and respectful place. If people dont know, how will they be able to respect what we do

Lvl84 |Th8| ??
    Read this!
    Smudge Tutorial

+1
    I agree that this thread should be stickied ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Twinklers101 View Post
    Because the artists are taking time out of there day to help others out and in return the get slammed at?
    As well yeah It should be a sticky!!!
    but hey, do you remember the youtube banner that you requested at my shop...?? it was like.. a week ago and still no response from you

Have a Nice Day!