Page 91 of 923 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101141191591 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Sneak peeks!!!:d

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatPhoenix View Post
    But less elixir could mean more gold if you come to think of it.
    Hmmmm, maybe. If by more you mean like 1% increase

I guess well well find out soon enough...

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
    Clash: TH9|Level 121|4300+ Nice & Tidy|4100+ Cup Record
    Boom: HQ17|Level 46|300 Medals!|TF: EyeRollers|25 Man TF
    Royale: Level 9|2500 Cups|Forum Fluffies|Duckie Co
    Quote Originally Posted by meonhoc View Post
    Do you even meow, bro?

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #902
    Quote Originally Posted by zachUVA View Post
    On the wall issue, I'm seeing two conflicting criticisms.

One is that walls are now going to be super easy to upgrade, making previous efforts to upgrade walls worthless. The other is that after a few days, there won't be much elixir left, since everyone is fighting for it all of a sudden. I just want to point out that both of these can't happen. Either wall upgrading will go crazy, elixir will drop drastically, or there will be a situation where we are somewhere between these two possibilities. Personally I think the latter is the most realistic.

Elixir will no doubt be harder to come by, but this isn't something that will be the end of the clash economy as we know it. People seem to forget that gold and elixir are produced at EXACTLY the same rate by equal level collectors and by the league/CW bonuses. With armies, donations, CW raids, troops, lab, spells, and camps, there is still a huge surplus of elixir (we all know someone with their elixir storages sitting outside). The walls is the only facotr that is changing, and it seems pretty clear to me that elixir will still be more widely available than gold (although not by nearly as much).

Even with gold and all its issues, let's not pretend that people are totally stuck, least for the most part. In all but the worst possible scenarios elixir will still provide for basic needs and a few wall upgrades too. Of course this balance largely depends on player behavior, and how tempted they are to dump into walls rather than save up for upgrades.

There will be people who don't know how to manage this and will mess up, but for the most part it seems like everyone is screaming the sky is falling when it gets foggy outside. It will be a big change yes, but at the end of the day I believe wall upgrades will rise proportionally to elixir's fall in availability, and we will find a somewhat reasonable balance here. The days of 8 million elixir are gone, but at least we get some walls out of it.
    Very well said! Thanks Zach!!

And to add to this: we will be monitoring the loot balance and we count on you to give feedback about it. I'm with Zach here about the loot finding its place after a while, like after every time there's been a change like War Loot bonus, League bonus, new collectors and new upgrades that require resources.

What is certain already, is that this will give more options for everyone to make their own choices about how they want to use their resources. I personally will still consider troop and spell upgrades to be my first priority, not using Elixir to walls. That said, I'm sure that there are many people who will want to speed up their wall progress (high level walls do seem to scare off some attackers) and now they can do it if they don't consider other Elixir upgrades to be as important. Everyone will make the choice themselves, and I bet that the choice won't be the same for everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Clasher123 View Post
    As u can see the lvl 1 walls upgrade sign has 2 hammers and it cost 4,000 gold so maybe now u can upgrade multiple walls at the same time.
    Did you not read the post???

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatPhoenix View Post
    But less elixir could mean more gold if you come to think of it.
    I seriously doubt that. It's not impossible, but my guess is plenty of players will decide to dump both reslurces into walls rather than substituting elixir for gold and saving gold for bigger upgrades. Time will tell of course, but I personally expect the impact on gold to fairly minimal in either direction.

|Trophy Offer Formulas Discovered!|
    ^Now with a handy table linking offers and cup differences^

RIP Smash Land

The community has been screaming for cheaper walls! Cheaper, not to use another resource! If you could ALSO reduce the cost of walls, that would be AMAZING! The only people this benefits are maxed TH8's and up because they don't need elixir as much, what about new TH7's? They have to upgrade troops, unlock dark elixir stuff, upgrade army space SO much, they don't have the TIME to waste elixir on walls! Are you basically telling them to rush their TH so they can use elixir? NO BECAUSE they will still need the elixir to upgrade everything they didn't get when they rushed it! Just please, at LEAST change it so walls are cheaper, not that hard just reduce the cost. Enough of my rant.

I am riding on a Phoenix, playing Super Smash Bros, although its fire is burning my bottom.
    I seriously doubt that. It's not impossible, but my guess is plenty of players will decide to dump both reslurces into walls rather than substituting elixir for gold and saving gold for bigger upgrades. Time will tell of course, but I personally expect the impact on gold to fairly minimal in either direction.
    Well what I was thinking is that some could be saving for large defense upgrades such as inferno tower level 3, and the elixir for walls. They can be forced log off or have to log off when they have a lot of gold, there isn't anything wrong about doing storage raids either...
    Quote Originally Posted by Supercell
    Never assume anything. It makes an A.S.S. out of U and M.E.

^^^Click on signature picture^^^
    Current Main Games: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U | Super Smash Bros. 3DS | Mario Kart 8
    Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796

I dont mean to be a downer, but people spend all their gold on walls when they go to bed. Now when peoples lab upgrades are done, people will also use all their elixir. Prepare for no loot guys, but i like upgrading multiple walls at once.

Quote Originally Posted by Yogismith View Post
    There is this thing called the sun. It misses you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nmills View Post
    Im not going to go around giving out free shields, I'm not a charity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddy View Post
    It's a credit card base, aka "Mom you might not want to read your credit card bill this month"

Most people who dont use the forums dont feel any changes to the game except cws obviously but the whole jump spell stuff and all no... Forumers freak out too much, i started playing in November ish and my gameplay has never gotten worse, just better. Smartest thing is do walls last, you will have both elixir and gold
    RAWTALENT123.DEVIANTART.COM
    PM ME FOR A SIG
    CLAN: YSOSERIOUS (leader)

Quote Originally Posted by Marika[Supercell] View Post
    Very well said! Thanks Zach!!

And to add to this: we will be monitoring the loot balance and we count on you to give feedback about it. I'm with Zach here about the loot finding its place after a while, like after every time there's been a change like War Loot bonus, League bonus, new collectors and new upgrades that require resources.

What is certain already, is that this will give more options for everyone to make their own choices about how they want to use their resources. I personally will still consider troop and spell upgrades to be my first priority, not using Elixir to walls. That said, I'm sure that there are many people who will want to speed up their wall progress (high level walls do seem to scare off some attackers) and now they can do it if they don't consider other Elixir upgrades to be as important. Everyone will make the choice themselves, and I bet that the choice won't be the same for everyone
    Directly after the update may be a little hectic, but it will calm down, and I'm sure we will all settle into the new loot, and make the most of it...

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
    Clash: TH9|Level 121|4300+ Nice & Tidy|4100+ Cup Record
    Boom: HQ17|Level 46|300 Medals!|TF: EyeRollers|25 Man TF
    Royale: Level 9|2500 Cups|Forum Fluffies|Duckie Co
    Quote Originally Posted by meonhoc View Post
    Do you even meow, bro?

Why dump both resources into walls? This way you can simultaneously upgrade your walls and base at the same time. Makes for faster base development. I don't think I'll be dumping any gold into walls anymore, when this update hits.