View Poll Results: Which recipe looks best to you?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Black Forest Cake - DARlirious

14 32.56%
  • Cherry Clafoutis - Atiyasim

9 20.93%
  • floating island - Xwyaj

5 11.63%
  • Easy-Peasy Cherry-Cheezy (Pie!) - MTYMSE

0 0%
  • HayDay Lemon/Lime Meringue Pie #24 - Bqbowers

11 25.58%
  • no bake cookies - SunshinePA

4 9.30%

Thread: HD Dessert Baking Contest - Poll for top 3 finalists. (Winners posted)

HD Dessert Baking Contest - Poll for top 3 finalists. (Winners posted)

Figured there would be more bakers on the forums. We had 6 entries, a few were a bit liberal with the rules, but in the spirit of good fun, I'll put all 6 in the poll.

Everyone - please review the recipes found here and pick your favorite: http://forum.supercell.net/showthrea...Baking-Contest

I will make the top 3 recipes by votes and my family/friends who are over that day will pick a 1st and 2nd place. Poll will close 8:00pm EST on Monday September 1st. Then give me a few days to get the ingredients, and by the end of that weekend, I'll have the winners.

well, u hold the cards, yes.. .

But wait a minute, please! rules change after contest closed? Even poll for top three changes from mods and staff to anyone. And final scoring from OP and fam, to OP, friends and fam.

cmon! I could cry if i weren't laughing so hard.

You do hold ALL the cards, lol. Play on!
    Best,
    Barb
    Level 100, achievements 108/108, no more counting GC: bqbowers01
    HD NH: Happiness Spot

SCORCHED EARTH SURVIVOR 15Jun2016

Quote Originally Posted by Bqbowers View Post
    But wait a minute, please! rules change after contest closed? Even poll for top three changes from mods and staff to anyone. And final scoring from OP and fam, to OP, friends and fam.

cmon! I could cry if i weren't laughing so hard.

You do hold ALL the cards, lol. Play on!
    Best,
    Barb
    Yea, a bit of adapting - I had anticipated dozens and dozens of entries (this was my first HD contest, my CoC ones usually get hundreds of entries). Staff/Mods were going to pick favorites to be IN the poll to narrow it down for the forum to vote on (Forum only holds 20 choices per poll). With only 6 entries, no need to narrow it down further, they all qualified for the poll.

This was my idea behind the scenes, so they said to run with it. And yes, for this contest, twister and family does hold all the cards, but they will be shuffled and dealt as fairly as possible 8-)

Banned
    They all sound yummy but being of German descent I had no choice but to vote for the Black Forest Cake, a heavenly childhood memory

First i heard of this contest or I would have entered!! Although I'm a pie gal & that lemonlimer sounds divine, I voted for the cherry clafoutis because I MUST know how it comes out! Good luck guys
    Last edited by Neen; August 28th, 2014 at 11:40 AM.
    "I've grown tired of the articulate utterances of men and things. The mystical in art, the mystical in life, the mystical in nature, this is what I am looking for and in the great symphonies of music, the initiation of sorrow, and in the depths of the sea I may find it. It is absolutely necessary for me to find it somewhere." -O. Wilde

Always looking in the contest section..but not this time..
    Well maybe next time

Good luck all

Darn, a day late and a dollar short

Just joined back after about 2 yrs.
    Can't wait to get back into the game.

Centennial Club
    Only saw this thread because of sticky in the general forum, otherwise i never bother with the contest forum because most of the time it seems to involve Facebook and phooey on that!

Interesting recipes. I voted for clafoutis because I might actually make it. Would love to see the another contest like this with a lot more upfront promotion and with photos of finished products.

Good luck to all who entered!
    Farm level: 137 | Town level: 37 | Achievements: 136/144 Game Farm: Janis on the Farmette
    Non-raiders, please PM me if you'd like to be farming friends.
    I get allergic smelling hay.

OK, the forum has narrowed down the list to 3 finalists.

Give me to the end of the weekend to get all the ingredients, get them made up, have the taste-test, and post first and second place.

The 3 finalists are:

Black Forest Cake - DARlirious

HayDay Lemon/Lime Meringue Pie #24 - Bqbowers

Cherry Clafoutis - Atiyasim

Quote Originally Posted by twister View Post
    OK, the forum has narrowed down the list to 3 finalists.

Give me to the end of the weekend to get all the ingredients, get them made up, have the taste-test, and post first and second place.

The 3 finalists are:

Black Forest Cake - DARlirious

HayDay Lemon/Lime Meringue Pie #24 - Bqbowers

Cherry Clafoutis - Atiyasim

OK Gang, I spent the day baking, and had a little family get together tonight to help with the judging. We had 7 grown-ups and 7 older children/young adults who participated (I didn't vote, unless a tiebreaker was needed, but it wasn't)

The in-person votes actually followed along the lines of the forum vote.

1st place... 9 votes... DARlirious with the Black Forest Cake wins 500 diamonds
    2nd place... 5 votes... Bqbowers with the HayDay Lemon/Lime Meringue Pie #24 wins 250 diamonds

Atiyasim - everyone liked your Cherry Clafoutis as well, but you were up against some stiff competition, thank you very much for your entry as well as the others who didn't make the "bake-off".

Here are the entries before we tore into them. I'm sure I didn't do them justice - thankfully it wasn't judged on a visual basis, because I massacred the cake stacks/frosting, and forgot the meringue peaks. But... they all tasted superb!

Winners - Please PM me your Farm Name, level, and Player-ID so I can submit it to the Supercell folks to get your diamonds. Worst case scenario, you will get them on Monday, but hopefully I can catch them at the office tomorrow/Friday and get them by then if I have your info.

To find your Player ID, click: Settings>Help and Support>Report an Issue>(any issue choice, we aren't going to actually send the e-mail) then an e-mail will generate and down in the "DO NOT DELETE" line will be "PlayerID: x-xxxxxxx(xxx) Once you write that down, you can cancel the e-mail.