View Poll Results: What ways do you use for CoC related communcations outside of the game?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • GroupMe

21 23.60%
  • Kik

28 31.46%
  • WhatsApp

13 14.61%
  • Glassboard

15 16.85%
  • Facebook

9 10.11%
  • Communication via Custom Clan Website

6 6.74%
  • Other

24 26.97%
  • They all have issues. I want some better solution!

5 5.62%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What ways do you use for CoC related communications outside of the game?

We are on glassboard and it works fine. Most of us have desktops or laptops and so the $1 charge for the app doesn't really bother us. Another clan actually got me hooked on it (even though they have moved to another site, Band) and we enjoy it as a clan.

Try BAND

We've used glassboard for a long time but have recently switched to BAND and its great! Has a "posting" feature like glassboard and a "chat" feature similar to kik. Additionally, you can pin notices to the top of a board. Highly recommend trying it out.
    IGN: Niki 🔹TH11🔹 LVL 203🔹 BK: Lvl 50🔹 AQ Lvl 50🔹 GW Lvl 20🔹 Spawn’s Nest🔹#P9GRV822

What about a clan page right here on the forum?

Then you can have that line of communication plus you all get exposure to the rest of this awesome community.

BTW - Can Facebook really be considered real life?

Quote Originally Posted by rwelshjr View Post
    What about a clan page right here on the forum?

Then you can have that line of communication plus you all get exposure to the rest of this awesome community.

BTW - Can Facebook really be considered real life?
    Can you imagine every clan having their own page on forums? Most forums are already cluttered with people showing off their war logs etc and it just makes for a mess. The sad truth is that outside of a few clans no one cares to see the progress of others. If you want to advertise your clan there is a forums for that, besides that imo keep all advertising and personal clan stuff off forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Terraist View Post
    Can you imagine every clan having their own page on forums? Most forums are already cluttered with people showing off their war logs etc and it just makes for a mess. The sad truth is that outside of a few clans no one cares to see the progress of others. If you want to advertise your clan there is a forums for that, besides that imo keep all advertising and personal clan stuff off forums.
    I would rather they had their own page to do their bragging on than here in the public forums. We actually do have a clan page here. It works well and we stay out of the way of others.

Fresh Spawn

War Clarity

If people could opt in and out of wars without having to leave their clan and come back in i believe it would be easier for clans that like small wars to grow instead of having to kick people everytime they want to do a war

Question Is there desire for a new app specifically catering to Clash of Clan chatting needs?

Quote Originally Posted by Nikibrd View Post
    We've used glassboard for a long time but have recently switched to BAND and its great! Has a "posting" feature like glassboard and a "chat" feature similar to kik. Additionally, you can pin notices to the top of a board. Highly recommend trying it out.
    Ok I just tried this out, and in my opinion this seems to be the best one available. Thanks Nikibrd!

A lot of people are recommending glassboard but I feel that the $2 upfront cost is annoying, plus inviting people is also a pain as you need their email address. Band allows us to invite people using an invite code that we can share in the clan chat, and even have an expiry on the invite code.

I was thinking that, ideally, we need a new chat app that is specifically for Clash of Clans (the 'app' would be both mobile and web based). I imagine something where you create your clan, and within your clan you have a rules page, and you can create boards for stuff, and you can have rooms within each clan for different things, like one for cos, one for elders etc, and you can specify your own notification preferences for each room etc.. Your clan will get its own page within some sub-url, so it can kinda become your 'website' if you choose to. You can then search for other clans and send them messages, or search for players that have the app using their IGN (obviously many people will have same IGN so it will also list their clan name or something). Dunno. What do you guys think? Anyone interested in a custom Clash of Clans chat app? If so, what would you imagine the ideal app be like? I'm 'considering' making one if there is enough interest, but I'd like people to share with me what they imagine an ideal app would be like. Maybe I'll start a new thread about it if I get serious about the idea, but overall it seems people are already satisfied with their chosen solutions. Our clan has been using Kik and I was just so dissatisfied that I thought I'd do this poll. So far, this poll has been very educational, and lots of interesting ones came up, like WeChat and particularly Band, so maybe I don't need to bother making a specialized app for solving our CoC needs, or does anyone think they might have ideas to make it really valuable to them?
    Last edited by Gadzair; September 3rd, 2014 at 06:05 AM.
    Gadzair (kik: gadzair)
    Leader of Red line (Clan Website: http://bit.ly/redlinecoc)
    Detailed War Stats: http://bit.ly/redlinesheet

I am surprised that LINE is not that well known. You only have to give your username in LINE. Although it requires phone number/email to register, it will not shown even to your friends. You can also post notes, pictures, etc in the group and I don't know the max member in one group but I know that you can fit 50 members in a group there. They got nice stickers too

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Serenejazz View Post
    I am surprised that LINE is not that well known. You only have to give your username in LINE. Although it requires phone number/email to register, it will not shown even to your friends. You can also post notes, pictures, etc in the group and I don't know the max member in one group but I know that you can fit 50 members in a group there. They got nice stickers too
    Actually I just tried out Line and it is also really good. Pretty cool. I'd say Band and Line are the two that seem to solve our needs.

Thanks guys!

Cool Best App for CoC Chat: Band!

I wanted to update you guys on what I finally decided after exploring all the options. First of all, thanks to everyone for their feedback. I've come to the conclusion, that from the apps available today, Band is the best option. Here are the reasons:

1) It is free
    2) It is mobile-first in its design, but also has a web version
    3) Can be set up to never display your clan members' personal info.
    4) Has the concept of notices/boards/pins.
    5) Has roles. There is an Admin role, and Co-Admin role and Member role. I am Admin, and our co leaders are Co-Admins. (This is a very new feature of Band; so existing Band users should update their app to get it; not yet available on web version).
    6) You can set various privileges for each role. So for example for my clan, I only allow cos to post on the clan page, but not members. However, members are free to participate in the clan chat.
    7) I can give the whole group a name, and an image. This makes it feel like you are joining a Clan, not a big fat group chat.
    8) I can create chat rooms for my cos only, and for my elders only, or whatever.
    9) Seems to be in very active development
    10) And of course it does all the things you would expect from any group chat app, such as 1v1 chat with any member of your clan etc..
    11) To invite people to your clan on Band you can just send them a link. You can also give them an invite code for existing band users. I simply sent a clan mail with a link to get everyone to join.
    12) You can create Polls. For example we had a vote on how often people want to war.
    Last edited by Gadzair; September 15th, 2014 at 02:15 PM.