Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Changes to Wall and Building Upgrades (Version 2.44)

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #1

Question Changes to Wall and Building Upgrades (Version 2.44)

Hey all,

I just finished reading through all posts made here yesterday. I cannot reply to every single one, but I hope this post clears some issues you have brought up. I understand you're angry and frustrated. We made a big change, which impacted how a group of players plays the game. Even though this change impacted the small minority who had dropped their trophies intentionally, we don't do these kinds of changes lightly and they are always result of long discussions, considerations and analysing the battle data.

This game is not meant to be easy, especially in the higher levels. It's meant to be challenging. How challenging can it be to destroy 4 levels lower town hall player? It's like a walk in the park. If you get more rewards from destroying that village than you would get from destroying an equal level village in a challenging match, then the risk and reward is not balanced. This needed to be fixed. We will continue to monitor the game and the strategies that emerge, and we will continue to make adjustments to the game if we notice other problems.

This is something we would like to do together with you, all of you. Your feedback, reports and suggestions are extremely important to us, and we will take every feedback into consideration. Be it about low level players feeling desperate because high level players drop their trophies intentionally, or players on all levels having trouble tolerating profanities on global chat.That said, our main goal is to keep Clash of Clans challenging and have multiplayer matches’ risk and gain in a healthy balance. Reward from looting low level players won’t be changed back to what they were before. We might tweak the percentages once we see the full effect of the change, but this is not something we plan to do yet.

You need to realise theres a big difference in farming for resources, and attacking for trophies, you cant attack for both, its either one or the other. and the end game isnt just hard anymore, its impossible.
    IGN: Sneaky-Dave - Level 22X

I think 75% of what you can steal is a bit too high /: maybe have it changed to 50%? Would just be a taaad bit better I think.

I must have took you a half day in meeting with the management to write that answer...

so you change the loot strategy... Ok, but how you explain the drastic increase in upgrading costs?

Pro Member
    The very minimum thing you have to do is
    give us an option to attack only +- 1 town hall level

You make it unattractive to attack lower town hall people, then don't make em show up in our matchmaking!!!!!!!

why do we have to search 50 times for a decent opponent, pay 580 gold each time, and waste 20 minutes just trying to find a decent opponent??????

And as i have said before, 75% is WAY TOO EXTREME of a change

Rauta the whole reason ppl dropped their trophies was because, without buying gems, it was the only way to reasonably progress. Yes you want the game to be challenging. It was. Even dropping in trophies was a challenge to consistently be raiding to afford the ridiculous upgrade costs and then the waiting.

You have made it a tedious challenge at every. single. step. THIS IS NOT FUN

I don't know if maybe you guys are just so caught up in a love of your own game that you are blind to all this, or (increasingly more probable) all of this is lip service and covering of a marketing strategy.

One of the biggest criticisms on the forum the last day has been about the appearance of super cells greediness. But you haven't commented on that at all. Explain why this change was better than any of the numerous others suggested on here that wouldn't have resulted in forced gem buying.

You guys think you are clever at hiding manipulation into "improvements". But you're not.

7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by P4TR1C14N View Post
    I must have took you a half day in meeting with the management to write that answer...

so you change the loot strategy... Ok, but how you explain the drastic increase in upgrading costs?
    These were also increased for balancing reasons. When you upgrade a unit, it gives beneift for the whole rest of your game. Some might argue that this beneift is much larger than any single upgrade you do at your defenses at that level. Still the unit upgrades were always considerably cheaper than the defense upgrades.

In short, it was way more cheaper to upgrade offense than it was to upgrade defense. Now these are more balanced.

Centennial Club
    I agree with dave, its become impossible to make any progress for those who dropped in trophies but also for other people with new town halls who didn't maxed out defences first. I played this game for 40 hours a week for many weeks (i know kinda sad and i m a smart guy. So when you guys try to tell me how this update affects the game you might consider we know or even know better! We talk and brainstorm so much in clans we know how this game works. Your statement above is so not hitting the sweet spot of the game change you might consider you got this all wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by Rauta View Post
    These were also increased for balancing reasons. When you upgrade a unit, it gives beneift for the whole rest of your game. Some might argue that this beneift is much larger than any single upgrade you do at your defenses at that level. Still the unit upgrades were always considerably cheaper than the defense upgrades.

In short, it was way more cheaper to upgrade offense than it was to upgrade defense. Now these are more balanced.
    Yet another reason why lower lvls will never catch the higher ones. You keep raising a wall between them.

Pro Member
    And one more thing, when a game is a massive success, top-grossing, you DONT change the mechanics of the game like this!