Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Changes to Wall and Building Upgrades (Version 2.44)

I totally agree with dave.. I did actually lose trophies because I got up to fast. I lost around 300 trophies (1900-1600) to upgrade my troops. What happends next? To get back up to 'loot' more elixer after the update, I almost lost an equal amount of elixer compared to what I made. What's up with the people who used the elixerglitch? Shouldn't they get any penalty?

I've spend allot of money on this game and I'm very dissapointed the update has only become such a waste of my hard earned money and my waste of time.

I just can't believe it anymore. I've played several games and all of them got killed because of greedyness.

Thanks allot Rauta for making clear that playing this game is not for any use anymore.

Rip Clash of Clans.

I dont know what to say... But u guys at supercell have just killed my most favourite game on iOS.... Sigh...

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Rauta View Post
    Hey all,

I just finished reading through all posts made here yesterday. I cannot reply to every single one, but I hope this post clears some issues you have brought up. I understand you're angry and frustrated. We made a big change, which impacted how a group of players plays the game. Even though this change impacted the small minority who had dropped their trophies intentionally, we don't do these kinds of changes lightly and they are always result of long discussions, considerations and analysing the battle data.

This game is not meant to be easy, especially in the higher levels. It's meant to be challenging. How challenging can it be to destroy 4 levels lower town hall player? It's like a walk in the park. If you get more rewards from destroying that village than you would get from destroying an equal level village in a challenging match, then the risk and reward is not balanced. This needed to be fixed. We will continue to monitor the game and the strategies that emerge, and we will continue to make adjustments to the game if we notice other problems.

This is something we would like to do together with you, all of you. Your feedback, reports and suggestions are extremely important to us, and we will take every feedback into consideration. Be it about low level players feeling desperate because high level players drop their trophies intentionally, or players on all levels having trouble tolerating profanities on global chat.That said, our main goal is to keep Clash of Clans challenging and have multiplayer matches’ risk and gain in a healthy balance. Reward from looting low level players won’t be changed back to what they were before. We might tweak the percentages once we see the full effect of the change, but this is not something we plan to do yet.

You have messed up big time,I was a farmer so what it's a strategy I used to get the gold an elixir which I used for upgrades,but then I would purchase gems to fast finish.Now I ain't goin to play no more gems no more fighting.Your greed is beyond comparison.Two months to kill your game,what a joke.If you didn't want farming lower lvls give people more resources or other ways to get them like resetting goblin missions weekly.Ive spent good money to get we're I am ,but no more.You ruined a good game by listening to the kiddies,how many gems are those idiots buying.Tweak the gold rewards what a laff I get offered 30 trophies and 22 gold something is badly wrong.I hope u all choke on the cash your stuffing in the corporate coffers.

I think rauta and supercell did not take into consideration those customers that have bought their gems to lvl up their TH and planning on upgrading their def and troops slowly while enjoying the game.. Those are your paying customers rauta they are now in a limbo and cant gain enough reso to upgrade or to have succesive attacks bec of their low lvl troops and def.. I know its their fault for doing that but since this is a strategy game thats their call problem is you dropped this update on them w/o proper warning or atleast you can have atleast made updates that does not affect the game too much that it takes the fun away fr a "small percentage" of your players as you alwasy like to call those that are complaining.. Yes those minority are complaining bec a lot of those that are complaining are your paying customers

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Luther View Post
    Rauta the whole reason ppl dropped their trophies was because, without buying gems, it was the only way to reasonably progress. Yes you want the game to be challenging. It was. Even dropping in trophies was a challenge to consistently be raiding to afford the ridiculous upgrade costs and then the waiting.

You have made it a tedious challenge at every. single. step. THIS IS NOT FUN
    We also monitor the progression that people have, for example how fast they reach town hall levels and so on. People are able to progress in the game. Even those who didn't drop their toprhies to farm lower levels. Perhaps the progress might feel slower than before, but this was the same situation as when we removed the single player farming. People who were used to getting all their resources from there felt that the game progression pace dropped dramatically, but still the majority of people were able to progress in the game.

Fresh Spawn
    These were also increased for balancing reasons. When you upgrade a unit, it gives beneift for the whole rest of your game. Some might argue that this beneift is much larger than any single upgrade you do at your defenses at that level. Still the unit upgrades were always considerably cheaper than the defense upgrades.

In short, it was way more cheaper to upgrade offense than it was to upgrade defense. Now these are more balanced.

i understand there was a need to help lower players in this case, me as being a lvl 41 with th 8 is stuck, i cant upgrade units to lvl 5 because it costs 2,25 mil elixer, now i would of been able to upgrade it if i could attack lower townhalls, now i just cant find enough targets to obtain 2,25 mil, u made it impossible to loot enough for upgrading. Unless ofcourse u buy gems....

7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #17
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthBonbee View Post
    I think rauta and supercell did not take into consideration those customers that have bought their gems to lvl up their TH and planning on upgrading their def and troops slowly while enjoying the game.. Those are your paying customers rauta they are now in a limbo and cant gain enough reso to upgrade or to have succesive attacks bec of their low lvl troops and def.. I know its their fault for doing that but since this is a strategy game thats their call problem is you dropped this update on them w/o proper warning or atleast you can have atleast made updates that does not affect the game too much that it takes the fun away fr a "small percentage" of your players as you alwasy like to call those that are complaining.. Yes those minority are complaining bec a lot of those that are complaining are your paying customers
    If they have their collectors and mines still, they should be able to pump out troops and raise themselves from the limbo. Your village always generates some resources, even if you've sold most of your mines and elixir pumps. It might take some time, but it is possible to raise from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Coolz View Post
    The very minimum thing you have to do is
    give us an option to attack only +- 1 town hall level

You make it unattractive to attack lower town hall people, then don't make em show up in our matchmaking!!!!!!!

why do we have to search 50 times for a decent opponent, pay 580 gold each time, and waste 20 minutes just trying to find a decent opponent??????

And as i have said before, 75% is WAY TOO EXTREME of a change
    I agree

Having to search 50+ times (and often spending way more than I can acctually get) for an equally level opponent is just a waste of time. I tried it out and ended up spending 80k gold on finding an opponent with 50k gold and 60k elixir (my army is around 50-70k) that is a net lose of min. 20k resources for 30 min of playing. Atm I am better of NOT playing and logging in every 12h and pray that I lost less than I produced and buy 1 or 2 wall upgrades. Come on is that what you guys want??

maybe additional changes can be made to match the lowered loot like..

1) increase in production rate of mines & collectors so as the high th lvl players needs to defend their high leveled productions from the attackers which will mostly be same/higher levels than theirs

2) introduce a new building/research that will lower the troop training cost/building upgrade cost for every level the new building/research is upgraded

3) most importantly, fix the matching system as IMHO there is no point of matching a player with 2+ th lvls lower than him coz of new update, and also no point of matching a player with 2+ th lvls higher than him coz he will surely lose.

these are just suggestions, will be happy if this will be heared and implemented.

We also monitor the progression that people have, for example how fast they reach town hall levels and so on. People are able to progress in the game. Even those who didn't drop their toprhies to farm lower levels. Perhaps the progress might feel slower than before, but this was the same situation as when we removed the single player farming. People who were used to getting all their resources from there felt that the game progression pace dropped dramatically, but still the majority of people were able to progress in the game.
    I think whats escaping you is that this update has affected more than just the low lvl farmers. It has restricted resource across the board and made some peoples upgrading decisions (based on the old game play) now big mistakes. So even if it was possible to progress WITHOUT GEMS in the past, it no longer seems possible, unless you expect players to play for years. Be realistic, you aren't Blizzard and this isn't WOW.

Again, if your problem was the farmers, why didn't your update address them in a way that didn't penalise everyone?