View Poll Results: Do you agree with an option to call War Bases?

Voters
161. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, this can work!

86 53.42%
  • No, this idea could never work.

25 15.53%
  • Maybe, but it needs work.

50 31.06%
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Clan Wars: War Base Calling Ability

Post Clan Wars: War Base Calling Option (With Pictures)

ATTENTION: Don't forget to vote in the Poll!

IMPORTANT NOTE: Before reading or voting, understand this is an OPTION to be enabled. This is not guaranteed to be used EVERY war!

During the war preparation period, I have noticed a lot of commotion with clan leaders trying to message in who has "claimed" what base. And when the war begins, you consistently get people who attack the same bases that were called, leading to chaos and other unwanted dramatic scenes.
    I would like to see a feature that would allow players to simply scroll through the list of war bases, and be able to "Claim" ONE base of their choice DURING THE WAR PREPARATION PERIOD.

Here is how "Claiming" will work. Follow along as if a clan leader has begun searching for a war:

A Leader or Co-Leader presses the "Search for War" button.

On the screen that shows "Searching for opponent", the clan Leaders can press a button to ENABLE the base calling feature.

Once the feature is enabled AND an opponent is found, the same war preparation period will begin.

When players press on one of the enemy bases, there will be the original option to "scout", and next to it will be the option to "CLAIM". Here is an example of it:

(GFX courtesy of justinhu)

If a player decides to scout the base, there will be an option to "Claim" when scouting. It will look like this:

If another player attempts to claim a base that is already claimed, they will get an "error" message like this: (Idea presented by Nellybelly)

After players begin to claim bases, the clan Leader and Co-Leaders will be able to "Revoke a Claim" as they see fit through the BATTLE DAY.

On the Enemy Clan screen, that lists the clan members and attacks used, your clan leaders will see options next to each enemy name that has been Claimed, to "Revoke Claim made by XXXXX"
    *A Picture of this is Coming Soon!!*

Similar Threads Regarding The Base Calling Feature:
    War Management Ideas
    CALL BASE Option for marking/calling Base you want to attack in CLAN WAR

Now with every new and innovative idea comes pros and cons. Here is a list of what I think are all of the positives and negatives that come with this idea:

BENEFITS:

1. Since having this feature would remove the clan messages that have to do with base claiming, clans can have more time strategically planning for the war and be able to send more important messages.

2. A war base will be automatically unlike after the first 8 hours of the war period.

3. Keeps clans more orderly when it comes to wars.

4. The clan Leader AND Co-Leaders can have the ability to choose whether this feature can be turned on or off when they press the button to search for a war.

5. Free ability to call a base, or wait till the end of the battle to gather up whatever bases are left.

6. This feature will have no effect on the speed of war searches.

Potential Problems:

The fact that players are to only attack the ONE base they claimed.

2. What if a lower level decides to call the #1 player, and doesn't attack?

3. There will still be some fighting over who would get what base.

4. Players tend to change their minds when choosing bases to attack.

5. Other Suggestions?

Solutions to Potential Problems: (#1 corresponds to problem #1, etc)

1. Credit to
    iceageg: In an attempt to keep lower level players from claiming the number one base, or vice versa, a level range would need to be implemented.

2. The Leader and Co-Leaders will have the ability at any time during the war to "Withdraw" the claim made by any inactive player.

3. The unintended feature "first-come-first-serve" hierarchy. Additionally, clan leaders can move claims as they see fit.

4. The player may ask their clan leaders to revoke their claim.

Please feel free to
    critique this idea in any ways you see fit.
    Last edited by kinganthony; November 7th, 2014 at 06:06 PM. Reason: Modifications

Already suggested! but you put some great detail into this which I like!

Hello,

I see you are new here, or have at least not viewed the forum rules and guidelines.

READ BEFORE POSTING - Ideas, ruled out, subforum guidelines

Please take a moment now to review these, to help reduce the amount of clutter in the forum.

These threads will also help you create a better post and get more views and opinion on your idea.
    Phyxios's Ideas & Features Requests Template and Guide!
    Dahimi's ideas forum posting guide

Thanks,

Phyxios
    My Ideas Features & Request Guide

Town Hall: 10 |Level: 134 | Trophy Record: 3522 (TH10) | Clan: N/A
    Clan War Whitelist Option|New Dark Elixir Flying Unit

Oh, sorry. I did, in fact, read the thread on that before posting. I looked over the list and hadn't seen anything like it. Or I mist have missed it. Any idea whether this feature has been ruled out, or being considered?

Quote Originally Posted by kinganthony View Post
    Oh, sorry. I did, in fact, read the thread on that before posting. I looked over the list and hadn't seen anything like it. Or I mist have missed it. Any idea whether this feature has been ruled out, or being considered?

I dont know if they added it to the list yet, but it has been suggested and I am sure it's under consideration

Keep this post up its good.

maybe add a poll to it!

click the "Thread Tools" menu at the top of your post to add one.
    Last edited by Phyxios; August 11th, 2014 at 03:16 PM.
    My Ideas Features & Request Guide

Town Hall: 10 |Level: 134 | Trophy Record: 3522 (TH10) | Clan: N/A
    Clan War Whitelist Option|New Dark Elixir Flying Unit

Quote Originally Posted by Phyxios View Post
    I dont know if they added it to the list yet, but it has been suggested and I am sure it's under consideration

Keep this post up its good.

maybe add a poll to it!

click the "Thread Tools" menu at the top of your post to add one.
    I appreciate your help and suggestions!

Millennial Club
    Interesting idea, although suggested LOTS of times.

You explained it reasonably well. Once you decide your target, you hit "claim" and then the button is grayed out and when you click it, it says in red text, like the "you have to upgrade your ___ to level ___" message, XXX has already claimed this base?

Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Nellybelly View Post
    Interesting idea, although suggested LOTS of times.

You explained it reasonably well. Once you decide your target, you hit "claim" and then the buton is grayed out and when you click it, it says in red text, like the "you have to upgrade your ___ to level ___" message, XXX has already claimed this base?

Just a thought.
    Yes, an excellent idea for an addition which I did not think to add. I appreciate your helpful feedback, and have updated the thread body with your suggestion, with credit toward your username.

Like the idea but....

I like the idea of this as I have encountered the same problem in my own clan as to who will attack what base. It creates to much chaos and members are rushing attacks in an attempt to lay claim before another member gets to it. It would be nice if each player could pick their base they wanted for their first attack and if 3 starred it would become unavailable to anymore attacks. The leader (and only the leader) could reopen any base that was claimed to prevent any player from claiming a base and then quitting the war, leaving it unable to be attacked. Players themselves can also unclaim any base if necessary. Like you said, players could spend more time on strategies and less time bickering.

While I agree that some for of calling "Dibs" on a base would be a valuable addition I would prefer something a bit more robust. I posted some details a while back but like most good ideas it quickly ended up on later pages.

http://forum.supercell.net/showthrea...nagement-ideas